Login to your account

Thread: Suggestion: Ability to mark FF RPs as "Private"

Suggestion: Ability to mark FF RPs as "Private"

I know I asked something similar before (in regards to locking locations to make the RP private), but this is a re-vamp of that question/suggestion that may (or may not, what do I know? XD) be easier to implement than what I'd said last time:

Just like you can mark your RP "Adult" and it will appear with a red "-Adult" by the name, one more option to mark it instead as "Private" that will appear as "-Private" by the name of it. (I suppose there'd be need for a "private-adult" for those that remain unlocked).

I'm saying 'cause I was browsing the new FF games, and noticed several Private ones (a couple that weren't yet set to closed, so no, looking for "open" won't work always :P), which is great and all but sucks a little when it's not told in the synopsis/description and the synopsis/description sounds good and you go all " Maybe a new game to jo-PRIVATE GO AWAY- D: " lol
    (okay, none actually said it that way, but you know what I mean XD when more people join and use the FF games more, it could be a problem)

Anyway, that's my suggestion.

(ooc)

lol 'private go away!' sorries! I just started a private one on there. That is a good idea, though, to mark them as private. I'll add this to the wish list once a mod gets a peek.

lol yeah I saw it I think, and I do feel it's a great idea to make private RPs there too (I wanted to make one myself but my friends are all sign-up lazy it seems XD), it'd just be better to be able to tell them apart more easily, just like adult ones.

(ooc)

he he the private one I have going is with some one I met on here. I loves it so far though, and I do agree that some way to define private rps on here would be nice.

In the spirit of a simple UI, and avoiding feature clutter, would it be better off, to display whether an RP is open or closed more prominently? For example in the title. That way, closed, and private, are really the same thing.

The whole open/closed status right now, doesn't exactly make itself obvious, so it's not a highly used feature imho.

Yes I think that would help some, along with a reminder to users to close private role plays once all the characters are in the game. Of course, we as users can poke our fellow users to remind them of that if you super awesome coders can handle the more prominence aspect.

I'm not sure I get it... Do you want to be able to lock a forum thread so that only the ones involved can see and play in that thread? I don't get this mark as private/lock the thread stuff. :/ Just wondering...

Insomiac: Yes, I think that would help a bit, but I (at least me personally) don't feel it's a definitive way to solve it.
    Like Aerion mentioned, this really would only work if people remember to close their RPs, which some people may not do. :P But it would be good to notice more easily what RPs are open and which are closed.

If more and more people use it for private RPs, group ones will (imho) need a better way to promote themselves or be drowned. I don't think marking them as private needs to be something overly complicated either or UI-bloating, just a simple marker that one can then select somehow to later "tune them out" of our searches, just like we can select to show only open ones.

But anyway, that's just my view with it. Anything you guys decide regarding it will be just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    I'm not sure I get it... Do you want to be able to lock a forum thread so that only the ones involved can see and play in that thread? I don't get this mark as private/lock the thread stuff. :/ Just wondering...
    No, the suggestion is for the fully featured rps.
    Not to lock them, just to mark them more obviously (like the Adult ones) so that those looking for group RPs to join don't find something that sound good, navigate all the way to the overview page all excited, and find that THERE it says "Private rp" and you can't really join it because you weren't invited to it. XDDD

(ooc)

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiel View Post
    No, the suggestion is for the fully featured rps.
    Not to lock them, just to mark them more obviously (like the Adult ones) so that those looking for group RPs to join don't find something that sound good, navigate all the way to the overview page all excited, and find that THERE it says "Private rp" and you can't really join it because you weren't invited to it. XDDD
    OK thanks.