Login to your account

Thread: Wild & Illegal [1x1] [gay]

Wild & Illegal [1x1] [gay]

✖ ✖ London calling to the underworld...
    ✖ ✖ ✖ Come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls!

Name's Ray, age is 22, profession is engineer/IT analyst, location is Brazil.
    8+ years of roleplaying experience... Currently in search of a promising, outstanding partner.
    Recently migrated to WTFRPG and I can't deny I already love it. So far I have only enjoyed of it's codes and structure, seeing as the partner who invited me here was from elsewhere... I am now much interested in meeting and enjoying WTF's community. Please welcome me!

My cravings:
    xx 1st person speech.
    xx Rock n' roll plot (2012, 1972, fucked up band in a trailer, sex, drugs and rock n roll, hippies, etc).
    xx Also interested in themes that are wild and, most importantly, illegal: Drugs, alcohol, complete fuck ups, runaways, gangs, street fights, rebellion, terrorism, robbers, immigrants, sexual disorders, sexual traumas, abusive families, motorbike races, car races, crashed cars, con artists, overdoses, teen murderers, etc.

Seriously, I want to play a fucking wild character with a horrible personality and lacking morals.
    I'd kill for a partner who'd want to put up a character just as wild.

✖ ✖ Nice boys don't play rock n'roll...

► LITERACY
    I want all literacy you can give me. You know, quality and quantity. Either you give me both, or you give me nothing at all. Good grammar, good structure. Long, juicy posts that move the plot forward, that twist (and turn!) the story... You should know the drill.

► NARRATIVE
    My kingdom for FIRST person. Past or present tense, I don't care. If you're awesome enough, I don't mind third person, but I'd kill for first.

► GENDER & SEXUALITY
    Only interested in playing bisexual, homosexual, transvestite and transsexual MALES. Do not want to play females or with female characters (side and npc's are cool, naturally)!

► ENGAGEMENT
    Long term, please.

► PLANNING
    Let's plan! Planning is the word.. Let's get together and start a random brainstorm. Let's joke about our settings and our characters and throw at each other the craziest, most out-there ideas. Good things will come from it. Good plots will come from it. Twists will come form it. Want my msn/aim/yim/gtalk? Please ask.

► STARTING
    I don't have any issues with it. If you do, tell me and we'll plot the beginning in a way it'll be more reasonable for me to start.

► REALISM
    Even for fantasy or sci-fi, I like my dose of realism. That means things have to be overall coherent... Italians don't speak English, Japanese women don't rule the mafia, US didn't win the Vietnam war, Brazil doesn't snow. Naturally, a few literacy freedom here and there does not hurt anyone and I myself do it, I just ask us to keep our feet mostly on the ground. =)
    On that note, I also prefer real people (models) pictures over anime pictures, because of the realism feel, although that's not a must.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

✖ The Who ✖ Deep Purple ✖ David Bowie ✖ The Clash ✖ Creedence Clearwater Revival ✖ The Smiths ✖ Sex Pistols ✖ The Police ✖ Guns n' Roses ✖ The Scorpions ✖ Eagles ✖ The Rolling Stones ✖ Led Zeppelin ✖ Pink Floyd ✖ The Beatles ✖ Social Distortion ✖ Queen ✖ AC/DC ✖ Bee Gees ✖ Kiss ✖ Iggy Pop ✖ Lou Reed ✖ The Doors ✖ Van Halen ✖ Jimi Hendrix ✖ The Cure ✖
    Last edited by ray murata; 02-01-2012 at 11:23 PM.

This sounds interesting and fun!

By first person, do you mean the narrative is first person along with any speech?

Yes, such as:

"I walk around, trying to find some eatable stuff up for grabs at such hour of the night, not at all expecting to meet anyone when I bump into Utopia. Utopia's looking real cool and I'm glad I met them here, but it's not like I'll let them know about it. 'Oh, hi.' I say, trying to sound nonchalant.'"

Samples: Samples page at Gaiaonline or Frozen Illusions 1x1.

That limits our knowledge to our character's mind only. It makes it hard sometimes because I can read and know what your character knows, but unlike me my character must be unaware of it. Additionally, I love NPCs and in first person games, all our character perception of them is by what they see, feel or hear. In this Frozen Illusion game log I posted up there, for example, my character and my partner's character have somewhat different perceptions of this important NPC, because, after all, first person games allows for much more "mind insight". It's more about point of view and it's amazing for character development.

I was just curious as to what you meant. It is a pretty common narrative style in books. I have not seen it much in RP, but I see how it could work (or get confusing...). I would be interested in doing this. I generally write in present tense and when I write non-rp stuff, I do write in first person narrative, so it wouldn't be overly difficult for me to do.

I have very similar preferences to you- realism and human model pictures.

I love the idea of playing a random punk rocker when punk rock was young. Sort of in the feel of the movie Velvet Goldmine.

I haven't watched Velvet Goldmine. Just started downloading it though, after reading the suggestion. Hahaha. Might watch it this weekend still considering I don't have many plans for it so far. =)

And I am totally up for it as well! Punk rockers, tatts, mohawks, heaps of alcohol, political rebellion... We could go for mid or late 70s. The Ramones started in 74, Sex Pistols in 75 and The Clash in 76. By early 80s they all had their fair share of fame and the movement was strongly consolidated, I believe.

Where would you rather it take place, US, England, anywhere else?

I am pretty easy going on where it could take place. There was a pretty cool underground scene in the early 70's with Iggy Pop's first band, The Stooges and The Velvet Underground in 1964-1973 and some of the glam rock.

But I think right on the cusp of the explosion of Punk Rock in 1974 is good. i think it is a good time- definitely outside the main stream and far more extreme. New York may be a good setting for this with the Mercer Arts Center and CBGB. Of course San Francisco could also be cool- the start of the punk movement and the start of the Gay Rights movement. Layering those two over each other could make for an interesting story.

Would you want the characters to be in the same band or just in the same scene?

Sorry for late responses.... Went out with the bf. =)

So, New York is great with me. As it happens, I've never been anywhere outside Brazil so I'll rely on researches for the sake of more realism when it comes down to scenarios and such. Just checked the CBGB on Wikipedia and seeing as Iggy, Lou Reed, Velvet Underground and other known names showed their faces around there, I guess it would be a perfect scenario!

We could go for either. I was thinking, one of them could be just joining the band. Or rather, he could be just chillin', playing his music for the sake of it, and the band could be looking for someone. Something along the lines... In way where we could start by having out characters meet one another and develop from there. The band could be from elsewhere... Perhaps a more conservative place like Texas or Tennessee, recently arrived in New York with a bag full of dreams and a past full of failures, so far. How do you like that?

Sounds good.

I think maybe one could be from New York (or been there for a while to know the area) and be the one to introduce the 'newbie' to the underground scene. To the sex and drugs aspects more so than the rock and roll.

I also came up with a band name that rips off an Oscar Wilde Quote that I think is appropriate: Barbarism to Decadence (from the quote "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.").

I think that would be great.

Two characters (one main, one side) arriving in New York from Texas with their fucked up trailer, having been deserted by two other mates that were part of their band but didn't want to move in to New York without any money or job or perspective at all. Now they're in New York and looking for more people to form a new band. One of them knows this New Yorker dude (another side) from childhood or something, and this guy takes them to CBGB and introduce them to the other main chatacter. We could start from there.

I admit I would rather play the Country guy. Although... He will certainly be a rebellious little fucker, not conservative at all... The shame in the family. Hahaha.

And your character, somewhere in the game, could suggest that name for the band. And that quote is so Lord Henry's type of quote. I wonder if it is from that book? I can't recall it particularly. =)

Sounds good. I sort of picture the New Yorker as being a member of a mediocre band- nothing special really. I picture them getting into an argument and splitting up..a couple of guys going one way and a chick and a guy going the other (the chick and the guy being the the two that are not involved in the game except as periphery). The other side who remains with him stays because he is a bit of a follower and may have a bit of hero worship for the main character.

I have an idea for the character in my head. Do you have a preference on what instrument you want to have your main and side character play? I am familiar enough with most instruments that I can rp any of them.

Please go ahead and choose what instruments you prefer. So far in my life I've only played piano and took a few guitar lessons, but I am sure I have a good enough idea of the mechanics of all instruments normally used in rock n roll bands and thus I can roleplay any musician. =)

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Oh, I suppose I will use Ash Stymest's photos for my main. <3
    Last edited by ray murata; 01-29-2012 at 02:33 AM.

I am still looking for someone to use as my model.

Would you like to create a page for the game or should I? =)

Either way is fine. If you want to create, I am pretty easy going like that.

I think I might go with Tyler Riggs (or maybe Brian Molko from Placebo...haven't decided yet). Which do you prefer?

I'll go ahead and do it then =)

Haha, I prefer whichever you prefer, naturally. It's your character. =) Since we're having many side chars, you can use both faces, too!

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

There you go <3 http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/showthre...m-to-Decadence

Hey Ray
    I kind of want to roleplay
    What do you say?

Nah reallyokay. I can dig pretty much all these wild and illegal things. I can dig them out of compact gravel six feet down with a gardening trowel.
    About the only thing I wouldn't be agreeable to would be a band roleplay, sorry to disappoint, though it looks like you just set one up with someone else anyway.
    More specifically I might go the way of teenaged murderers, since I've search and come up empty before.
    You ever seen Heathers?

I've never seen Heathers. =O But I'm downloading it right now.

You see, Utopia suggested a movie, and now you. I have a thing with movies... If people say a movie name, there I go to IMDB and Kickass torrents and before I know my HD's already got 1GB down. lol

Do share with me the "feeling" of the movie, though (and the feeling you want for the roleplay) as I believe I won't manage to watch it this week or weekend.

(and, fyi, I'm going to bed now so I'll get back to you tomorrow :*)

Usually I just say I'll watch it then never do. My ISP would stick me hard if I started downloading. There's already a warning on this account.

It's been a while since I saw it. A girl and a psycho boy accidentally kill one classmate (the psycho boy means to, the girl just thinks they're going to make her sick) and go one to do a couple more, making them look like suicides. I think I'd want to roleplay something where two fellas are introduced over a dead body. Not exactly like the movie, a little more subtle, maybe two future serial killers or thrill killers or school shooters.