Login to your account

Thread: Hey...LISTEN!! New guy here!

Job hunting...these buggers are gorram impossible to catch

Talking Hey...LISTEN!! New guy here!

10 points for anyone who gets the reference of my title...

Hey All! Introducing myself in the late hours of the evening as will be the case for me while my days are busy with this that and the other thing.

I'm so glad to have found a roleplaying community like this one where the focus is mainly roleplay and not a forum with a roleplay section.

I'm game for pretty much any RP with any setting. I mostly do in forum RP but as i think i understand there's more than just that here. And I'd be glad to learn how that works as well. Don't worry, i learn or pick up on things quickly. As for RP that happens offline I've done a bit of DnD and I'm always trying to find time for more of it.

As i've said above i'll rp any setting but my favorites are fantasy and sci-fi. With either an adventure, or i've done some romances that I've enjoyed. And as much as I'd like to be able too I cannot really LARP already known characters but any tips on doing that or anything else is always welcome

As I'm sure i didn't make this first intro post right any and all questions will be answered asaist(as soon as i see them)

Oh, I'll take those ten points, thanks! I need to draw some of the iconic characters for the convention next month.

Welcome to WTF RPG!

The "full-featured" games are quite a lot like regular forum games - just a little more organized. :3 You could always peek into an active game and see how their posts are laid out. And in the "Site Feature Guides forum, there are a few threads that might be useful for you to learn your way around. :3 (Like the 'Anatomy of a Full-Featured RPG' thread.)

If you have any particular questions about anything, don't be shy. :3 The users are pretty quick to greet someone and answer their questions, and my being a night owl, I'll be on and off for another several hours at least. :3

I hope you find more games than you know what to do with. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

You wouldn't happen to be talking about Otakon would you?

Anyway thanks for the clarification about the "Full featured" vs the regular forum RPs as well as the link and guiding hints in the right direction. I may hop over to the mentoring section for a bit see if I can have a guiding hand for a bit.

As for the games..same here...can't wait to start them up
    Last edited by Venin666; 06-28-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Oh, no, not this year. xD I'll be going to AVcon in Adelaide, Australia. :3 Whoohoo for +/- 24 hours of traveling, right? xD

You're welcome! :3 It looks really strange and different at first, but once you start poking around, hopefully you'll realize it's just forum roleplaying games with a better "skin" to them to make it more convenient to players to use. :3 Though, of course, we still have forums to use for games if you find it just different enough you don't care to use it. xD

Can't wait to see them. :3 People don't know how much I lurk and watch games grow and develop. xD (Though it'd be untrue to say I read all roleplaying posts in every game.)
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    Oh, no, not this year. xD I'll be going to AVcon in Adelaide, Australia. :3 Whoohoo for +/- 24 hours of traveling, right? xD

Can't wait to see them. :3 People don't know how much I lurk and watch games grow and develop. xD (Though it'd be untrue to say I read all roleplaying posts in every game.)
    Well have fun at the con and thanks again for all the pointers

as for the latter bit...i'm sure you could if yah tried...

Welcome!

Hey! thanks! ^-^

Oh my I've been neglecting my welcome wagon duties, but I am back in action!!

Welcome~ Welcome~ Welcome~

Glad to hear you are packed full of enthusiasm for the site, it does get the creative juices flowin' with all the handy dandy features. In my opinion being able to play and create in full featured RPs has jaded me. I never want to go back to forum games~ I think I'd have to say my favorite features are a tie between the way we store characters and the ability to create different locations that as the GM you can lock and unlock (Not to mention giving out keys is awesome).

I look forward to bumping into you in the future, Venin!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Welcome! ^_^ Glad to meet ya.. I'm Katie

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    Oh my I've been neglecting my welcome wagon duties, but I am back in action!!

Welcome~ Welcome~ Welcome~

Glad to hear you are packed full of enthusiasm for the site, it does get the creative juices flowin' with all the handy dandy features. In my opinion being able to play and create in full featured RPs has jaded me. I never want to go back to forum games~ I think I'd have to say my favorite features are a tie between the way we store characters and the ability to create different locations that as the GM you can lock and unlock (Not to mention giving out keys is awesome).

I look forward to bumping into you in the future, Venin!
    Still getting the hang of the full feature RPs but I gotta say i like them! And yeah hopefully we'll bump into each other in the future

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ||TOXYC|| View Post
    Welcome! ^_^ Glad to meet ya.. I'm Katie
    Thanks ^.^ nice ta meet yah too!