Login to your account

Thread: Signature suggestion and Chara updates question

Signature suggestion and Chara updates question

Am I annoying yet Neko? No? Lemme try some more then XD

Question first, on the Characters Updates feed at My Roleplays, I get something like:

Recent Character Updates
    Cain Zhao
    Action: Approved by KittyKilldare on Yesterday, 11:16 PM
    Roleplay: Svalentia
    Claudia Grace Dawtry
    Action: Approved by Rurikuroneko on 06-24-2011, 09:10 AM
    Roleplay: Svalentia

But is this "right"? I mean, because we have character approval turned on, technically, Claudia (player Ruri) was approved by me and Cain 8player Kitty) was approved by onestar. Shouldn't it appear with the name of the host/co-host that approved it?
    It's not a big deal, I'm just wondering.

Suggestion next,

I was trying to add mini-banners on my sig to link to all the Svalentia stuff + my req. thread and all and realized that the signature only allows for 4 images.
    Considering many people would likely want to link to more than one rp + personal sites/requests/1on1 requests/etc, wouldn't it be good to up the amount of images allowed?
    Now, obviously this would maybe cause people to spam with huge signatures with 100 pictures, but, it's a matter of implementing signature rules with a set size and then policing those that go above the allowed size?

In addition, for loading times, wouldn't it be good to consider implementing a one-signature-(per user)-per-page? (so that even if I post 5 times, only one of my posts will display a signature in each page)

(ooc)

Hmm - I'll point that out to alxjvr. xD I'll bet it's just something overlooked. Certainly I never thought to look at that part. xD But it would make sense to sort of document in that area who actually did the approving. :3 (Especially in cases of co-mods, who may have approved someone they shouldn't have.)

As for the signatures question, I'll have to get back to you after thinking about it with my awake brain. Initial thoughts: If we only showed a signature to show once per thread, it would make sense to allow a few more images in a signature, but basing it on image size means that I'd have to do more checking and active "policing", which isn't a whole lot of fun. xD I wouldn't want to have a page where there was even one instance of someone, say, adding seven animated signatures over 500kbs each. So, yep, let me think about it. xD;
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Yep, no problem! Just putting the thought out there as usual. ^^ Can always just use text links otherwise.(trust me, I haaaate huge signatures).

(ooc)

When I'm on a good internet connection, I don't even notice if one's pretty huge in filesize, just in dimensions (huge dimension sigs annoy me terribly xD) - but when I'm on a shoddy one, I glare at each extra kb like it did something to me personally. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin