Login to your account

Thread: Well Howdy...

Humble Farmer With a Sword Moonfleet's Avatar

Well Howdy...

No, no, I'm not a cowgirl. I do tend to say that, though...

Anywho, I figure I should make my little welcome entrance here. That seems to be the next step in the quest to understand this site.

The name's Cat (or at least, that's what you can call me, if you'd like). I'm 19 years old (I think it might say that somewhere...But whatever), I'm a pre-vet student in college, and I tend to overuse parentheses when I make these sorts of intros. Sorry about that. In other news, I really love role-playing. Bit of an addiction of mine. You probably haven't seen me around on any of the sites you know of, because I lurk quite a bit and tend to stick with the one-on-one rp's nowadays. Where I have been, actively, is Elftown, Menewsha (just a bit), and Gaia.

So, about the role-plays I like. Other than literate or semi-literate, it goes something like this:

• Fantasy. Lots and lots of fantasy. Lately I've been drawn to urban fantasy more than anything else, but I will still go in for the good ol' sword & sorcery if the plot fascinates me enough.
    • Steampunk. I have no experience in this category, but I desperately want to learn. What better place to learn than a site dedicated to role-plays?
    • A touch of romance. Usually with a fantasy theme, if it can be helped, but I'm honestly up for anything. It doesn't necessarily need to be the whole RP, either. Let's just say I like romance in any RP, if it's appropriately placed. I prefer writing MxM romances, so be warned if you want a het RP instead. It'll take some time to tempt me there...
    • Anything you can think of that is honestly original and truly interesting. Especially if it's twisted and a little on the dark side. I got a taste for it a while ago and everything just seems so bland without it...

Things I won't do (thankfully, a shorter list): Most Science Fiction, most vampire role-plays (I have some vamp characters, but you have to have something super, super original if you want 'em), and uh...I don't know. Gushy romances with pwetty pwincesses?

So, uh...yeah. Anything sound like it's up your alley? Please let me know! My fingers are itching to type a good story with someone. I especially want to begin exploring here, and I feel the best way for that to happen is to get me hooked on a RP. Hopefully I will also bring my own RP ideas here, but I'd like to get my feet wet first before I jump in that far.

I guess that's enough of an intro for now. If you have further questions (like...stuff about me, personally), go ahead and ask. I don't bite. Yeah.

-Cat

Howdy somewhat-neighbor. xD (Alabama here! So we're sort of neighbors.)

We have lots of fantasy here! And Svalentia is a steampunk rpg. And most of our games specifically state that they're open to male/male relationships and romance - so we've got you covered.

Even if we don't have precisely what you're looking for now, if you don't mind hosting, you could create your own, or play one on one games (though those aren't as popular as group games at the moment, it's probably just down to people enjoying playing with the new system than people not being interested in one on ones anymore. xD )

I hope you enjoy the community! If you have any questions or suggestions, I'm often lurking around and if I can figure out how to set things so I don't miss new post notifications, I'll see it and respond if another user doesn't first. :3

Welcome to WTF RPG!
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Welcome to WTF, Cat!

Yeah I think we're all pretty badly addicted- but I suppose an addiction that helps your grammar can't exactly be all bad, right? Anyway, I assure you you're not alone in your MxM persuasion- we have a group for it, even! -CoughShamelessSelfPromotionCough- So any of us would probably love to start a one-on-one. Or, if you're so inclined, we just happen to have a steampunk group RP (see Neko's post), with plenty of slash tendencies, that is still in the burgeoning stages.

Anyway, if you wanted to have a one-on-one or had any questions about the group (or the site in general) feel free to ask- I would be more than happy to oblige you! C:
    STA

Thank you for the lovely welcome!

I had actually looked through the bio for Svalentia and was really fascinated by the concept. If I can just get my confidence up, it's entirely possible that I'll attempt to join. : D Also, quite excited to hear about the male/male relationship thing. Always nice to be in an open-minded place!

I will certainly be joining in one way or another, and hopefully sooner rather than later. xD I might lurk for a short time, getting a feel for how things work around here, but I'm definitely not against hosting something. I noticed the four threads in the onexone forum, so I see what you mean there. I'll just get used to group rp's again, for now. :3

Thank you again for the welcome! And I'll let you know if I need any help!

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Oh, thank you onestar!

I am certainly excited about this Svalentia rp I keep seeing around. You'll probably have me joining in before long, hah! And oh my goodness, I would definitely be interested in joining that group that you may or may not have promoted there. ;D I'll have to go and check it out.

Thank you again! All of this awesome welcoming is making me super excited about this site and what it has to offer. 8D

Some of the boy monsters are also great greeters, so expect them to drop by before long. We're a pretty welcoming group, always happy to see a new face. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Boy monsters? xD You frighten me a little.

Our male users get a special name. xD They're just a little rowdy sometimes. (I have to make fun of them, it's my job. Wrote it into the description a few days ago!)
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Yes, they are a little rambunctious, aren't they? Expect some form of desert, by the way, but don't take it. It's a trap, it's always a trap. D:
    Last edited by onestar; 06-27-2011 at 03:20 AM.
    STA

This is both hilarious and frightening to me.
    But...But...The desserts. D: I'm a terrible chocaholic.

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Haha don't worry its not a horrible trap ^___^ besides it's Cole who gives out the cookies normally, and where is this Description Neko?? I wanna read it and see what horribly scary things you've said about us.

I've been busy with work issues still busy with them >.> but welcome to the site new lady who also likes to say howdy which is kinda funny you from Florida me from California and we like to say Howdy. ;-p

I like to say "Howdy" too. But that's because one of my favorite people in the world uses the screen name "Captain Howdy". And it also makes me think of Howdy Doody, which was totally my dad's time and not my time (I'm not that old), but I've seen clips and he used to sing the theme song to me and - yep.

Maneki Neko's official job description:
    - Lurk like a good sharkcat should.
    - Hum Jaws theme song from time to time (just to keep in practice).
    - Welcome new people to the site and warn them about the boy monsters.
    - Harass boy monsters. (Poke, make fun of, dangle food out of reach; etc.)
    - Take care of Featured Roleplay selection once a week.
    - Answer questions that I see.
    - Report bugs/errors/borkas to big boy monsters.
    - Try to remember to check on The Grey Tower in WTF Multiverse to hand out keys. (Mostly fail.)
    - Once a week (min.), feel like the bridesmaid and never the bride when an awesome rpg starts and Neko realizes she doesn't have the time to play. Whine.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Well, I do ride horses. xD I figure that gives me the right to say howdy if I so please. Even if I ride English and not Western...Whatever. Details, details...
    I'm almost disappointed I haven't received any trap!cookies.

Good luck with your list, Maneki. xD Is being a good sharkcat terribly difficult?

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Well, I worked on a ranch, So I figured I had the right to say howdy if I pleased too. Even though there were no cattle or horses >.> grandpa who owned the ranch was allergic to horses which i have to say is one of the weirdest things to be allergic too.

*pulls out a tray of Chocolate chip cookies and leaves them on a red X*

Oh no, being a sharkcat is a natural state. You do a lot of lurking, a bit of playing, a lot of sleeping, and occasionally unleash the fury of a good sharkcat.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

@Maneki- Oh, that sounds delightful. o: Are there many sharkcats or are you the only one? If so, I feel that would be terribly sad. D:

@Michael- I have never heard of someone owning a ranch and being allergic to horses. And having no cows. xD What kind of a ranch was this?

-cautiously approaches cookies and pokes with a stick-

I know there are several sharkcats in the wild!

Two of my comrades!

But they are not very common. :c
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I better not be too late to welcome you, Cat!
    [/sort of late]Welcome!

From the looks of your great taste in roleplays I believe we will most likely be bumping into each other a lot. c: I know you'll have a blast here, and I wouldn't doubt if you're already quite addicted to the site! (It's a pretty easy habit to form.)
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

@Maneki- I'm very glad there are other shark cats! If there weren't, I'd have to send you consolation flowers or something. And those can be expensive. Honestly, have you seen the price of flowers lately? Chocolate would probably be more likely...

@Schizophrenic- Hello! I'm very glad you've joined the welcome party! I'm enjoying meeting everyone. It's doing a great job of starting my addiction, I think. xD
    I'm still working on getting myself properly integrated here. I just have to sit down and do some proper reading up on a few of the RP's already here, I think. Hopefully this weekend will give me more time to do so.

Oh. I love chocolate too! Maybe I should pretend there are fewer sharkcats... Though I am trying to lose infinity pounds in a week so maybe I should wait until I can be fat and happy again in August to pull the sympathy lonely sharkcat card... :'
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin