Login to your account

Thread: Trapped in a Virtual Reality? *wiggles eyebrows*

Trapped in a Virtual Reality? *wiggles eyebrows*

Eh? Eh? Did that coax anyone into clicking on this?

LAST EDIT: 6/26 @ 10:57am

Well yeah, I was going to go ahead and try to put it all together and release it like "BAM! There it is! Take it!" ~~~ Wait... that sounded pretty aggressive... But then I realized it might be better to use the valuable resource I have all around me. You're pretty little noggins! So... I'm going to go ahead and just post my thought processes here as they end up in my notebook and anyone who is willing to give some feedback or even just say something like "Yay." or "Nay." I would appreciate it.

Name: (I don't have one yet. xD )
    Genre: (Not sure what it falls under...)

- A virtual reality game has been created, the first of it's kind.
    - A closed beta is released to a select group of very advanced gamers.
    (This is going to be who I want the initial group of characters to be, in order to start the story up appropriately.)
    - They become trapped inside the game, told that the only way to get out is to survive. Which may or may not be a lie.
    - The game is released to the general public, causing widespread excitement and many new players join.
    (After we get to a desired point in the game I am going to request a flow of these characters start coming in.)
    - These players are given the objective to kill these people who were brought in during the beta testing, the public thinking they are just AI's.
    (So they aren't really bad guys, they don't know what they are doing. But they could possibly be recruited to help the players make there way out of the game, or destroy them to prove how great they are.)
    - Because these closed beta testers are the best of the best the game is extremely difficult to beat since these characters are fighting for there lives because if they die in the game, they die in real life (or just go missing, i don't know yet.) so gamers are using this to prove themselves as part of the elite.
    (I was thinking that even if some of the beta testers even did try and plea the idea that they are in fact real people, some may just think it's some kind of crazy in game plot to get the player to let their guard down.
    -I have no solid idea on why this would all go down, but I have a few thoughts that I'd love to get some help on filling out.
    1. The creator behind this game is just one sadistic man bent on creating the best game in history. Claiming it to be the most realistic battle experience of all time, which it is... >.> because the characters are real...
    2. The game is going to be called Entity and I want there to be an AI in game (preferably in the form of a girl) who is running the whole show. She put together this game for the purpose of pitting human against human. (??) I figure it might be a good way to bring in alien life (Something I'm not very experienced in writing about so this is where you come in!) saying that it's their way of picking the best of Earths kind and bringing them to their planet before blowing up Earth or it's a way for them to weed out the best and terminating them so that they can easily enslave the human race. ((I'm basing this all around that this alien planet believes gamers are the superior human, which in my eyes is totally true~~ <3 :kaymaybenot:: but anyway!))

This is all I have so far but I think it's a good base. (Boy do I trail off a lot.)

------------------------------------------------
    New ideas as of 6/26~

The game consists of 7 levels that get progressively harder as you go along.
    (Possible idea of making the 7 levels all different types of game settings instead of all futuristic based. Give me some feed back on this, please~)

In game avatars.

(I was thinking about the idea of being able to make a character in the game, so yes you would have to give me the information of what you'd like your character to look like but also what you'd like the in game character to look like. ::Think your average rpg character creation like a mix of The Sims, Dragon Age and Fallout:: This to me seems like a good idea because I would like some out of game character relationships, perhaps friends, family members or lovers that don't realize who they are playing against or with. This could also appeal to the guy with not an ounce of muscle on their bones to play as a muscle man who could rip doors off of hinges, or the average girl who would rather look like some Battle Babe Bombshell. Ya know.)

---------------------------------------------
    What kind of character I plan on playing:
    A well known gamer whos name is seen all over various forums and is recognized on a professional level. Her passion for gaming is a secret to everyone she knows. Her out of game persona is completely opposite of who she is in game. This girl goes from being the quiet book worm she is on a day to day basis, constantly being overlooked and ignored by family and "friends" from school to a elite soldier in the underground army whos quick wit and skill is enough to intimidate anyone but she does her best to be as friendly as she can to those she meets on the internet (feeling her real life is online).
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 06-26-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nyan Cat's Avatar
    The fact that the aliens think gamers are superior makes me lul~
    Anything with aliens or A.I.s always gets me interested~ I can see this having a lot of potential and a lot of a appeal, especially since the premise is simple enough for those unfamiliar with science-fiction to want to get in on it.

I'm not sure if I myself would dive into this idea, but it certainly does have a good base, and it would be something I'd click on just to read the roleplay itself without engaging. :3

The game sounds interesting, but I continuously woe to the fact that I don't have time to play in the games I think are interesting.

I'd hazard that these tags would be appropriate, though, if that helps?
    futuristic, modern, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, cyberpunk, battles to the death, action, alternate reality, battle, life and death, survival

That's 11 tags if I counted them correctly, and could be added to or replaced with things like "aliens" and "virtual world" and "evil mastermind" and stuff. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Dot hack? lol no it sounds awesome? Though WHAT would the game setting be? We know it is some sort of virtual reality mmo but once inside the game is it futuristic with lasers or maybe even alien provided weapons or more medieval fantasy magic powers and such? Or something else all Together?

Oh, forgot to mention last post that the premise initially reminded me of the book Killobyte by Piers Anthony. :3 Something you guys may want to check out if you haven't read it already, though the "technology" involved is a good deal dated in some cases.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Don't give me more awesome books to put on my 'have-to-read' list! xDD

But Aerion has a good question; what type of MMO is this?

Hahaha. It's a quick read, at least? I probably read it once or twice a year in the tub in one or two sittings. xD

The reason I bring it up is that it's a sort of "all sorts" MMO with different gaming sessions. So one gaming session is a fairy tale setting and another is a space setting and another is a war setting; etc. The premise of the MMO is to gain points by killing other players IC, but someone gets trapped in the game IRL by a hacker/phreaker/whatever and if he dies in game, it could kill him IRL. So it is vaguely similar, only in this game's story, the whole intention of the game's creator is to kill players IRL. xD

Food for thought; etc. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I am definitely going to have to check that book out, Neko. I was thinking of having different "levels" because we have the awesome option of locking doors and what not... but I hadn't thought of possibly making it a different setting each level. Hmm... otherwise (because of the heavy flow of medieval, magic type games) I was going to go with futuristic with a side of laser beams and all that jazz but this idea you just gave me makes me want to try the different levels. Maybe I can cast votes on what players would love to see as levels?

Hooray for science-fiction~! Ooo, does that mean some of the characters in-game avatars could be alien? 8D?
    (I'm such an alien lover I can't help it)

Oh yeah! I would totally love to involve that idea, I think that'd be the only other species I'd accept though... just so I don't get a bunch of penguins and Centaurs. xD

...penguins? xDD~?
    So, would there just be one type of alien though that would be pre-determined by you? Or what~?

See this is where I start to go into territory I do not know very well. I'd say to make it fair (since the human character creation is so advanced and open) to say the same for the aliens. But if that is too vague for some I could always try and start working on what the race of alien I plan on having the "creators" of the game be and have a customizable version of a [insert alien race name here] race character.

What do you think?

Making a customizable version from the race of the "creators" sounds like it'd be perfect~ It eliminates the vagueness, and makes it more similar to real MMOs. Kinda like World of Warcraft. I'd say some other game, but idk. WoW Is know for its character creation, so~

That works! Hm... looks like I should start putting this baby in the works...

Do itttt~ Do it~ Do it now! Do it nyan!

I started working on the game, it's no way near finished but at least I've made some progress. I've got something to do for the rest of the night but tomorrow I should have it finished about mid-day.

I also made it Adult for the sake of violence, since it is fighting based. But if you think it's better if I didn't make it Adult and dummed down the violence, I'd love some feedback.

Well, if the majority of the violence is happening in-game, then that is easily censored. I mean, look at Tron. It would certainly open up the game to more people, but at the same time would shut down the possibilities of exploring the much more darker aspects of it all.

Ultimately, it's your decision, but I think trying it out as an Adult game would be the best way to start, and change things later if that becomes the better way to go. :3

You could also "rate-up" if you realize the storyline needs the scope of the Adult label for its violence and other aspects. :3 (You'd want to clear it with any pre-existing players if you rated up, though, to make sure they'd still stay on-board.)

I'm not advising either way, you understand. It depends entirely on what sort of atmosphere you want the game to take on. If you want people to just react with unrestrained darkness and twisted psychological traumas, you'd want to encourage that. If you'd just want the most number of players who can work together towards some sort of middle-ground of violence, then I'd rate down.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin