Login to your account

Thread: Short Stories [Write with me?]

Short Stories [Write with me?]

Welcome my dear, and let me tell you a little bit about what I have in mind.

Short Stories, is an idea I had to satisfy my desire to tell beautiful and meaningful stories, but with small plots and a short time frame. I often come up with ideas but find that they are of shorter length than your average game that either has a long in game calendar or no end in sight. But I feel that there is a fulfilling bliss out there that many of us are missing, an ending. So you can walk away from this experience like you've accomplished something, and you saw the characters you've created and became involved with find a satisfying ending. (or not if that's the kind of cruel writer you are. ;D ) Because when you think about it, many stories, movies and anime span over short periods of time but convey everything that needs to be conveyed! And with the shortening attention span of the average writer, we find ourselves easily losing interests in long, drawn out games. I am here to hopefully put a stop to that.

Below you will find the ideas I currently have cooked up. I would be honored if anyone would be willing to write with me, and would never turn anyone down. I don't care if you consider yourself a beginner or an elite member of the roleplaying community. I also am also an advocate of writing what is needed, and not setting a request for an average post length. Writing is not a chore for me, it is not a job - it is a hobby. I write because it makes me happy, and understand we aren't always going to be at the top of our game and we aren't always going to be in the mood to write. I'm flexible. So please, browse through my ideas and I hope you're having a wonderful day~.

"I am nothing without my muse, but it is my muse that I fear I shall abuse..."

An extremely successful artist (of any sort) has reached a point in his or her life where a struggle has presented itself. No longer can this person create as easily as before, this because of the character losing their "muse". Many people refer to one's muse as a feeling, an inspiration that comes and goes. But what if your muse had actually personified itself into a being? This is where our story becomes interesting.

Depending on your interests, there can be one of two relationships between the artist and their muse. The artist has either always known of this Muse's presence since it's appearance, and has held them captive for their own benefit. (This would result in a more dark and twisted theme)

Or we have the option of something a little more light hearted and possibly romantic. The story could begin with the artist coming upon their Muse in a physical form and grows attached to it, but struggles with the fleeting and unpredictable ways of this mysterious entity. Could their be love? Could their be a happy ending or a melancholy tale of an artist losing their muse forever? It's all up to you.

The characters available are either the muse or the artist. The choice in preference is yours, and I will write the other!

And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Broseph, do you even—!?

#sobbing #can't even #take my love now or forever

I would love to play through this scenario with you! (But only if you want me... I don't want you to feel like you have to write with me, lol).

(The following is written assuming you will write with me? Haha...)

I'm definitely more interested in the darker storyline (it just offers such a greater opportunity for, uh, more). I was thinking that a muse isn't really independent of its artist and, if this is true, then the relationship between an artist and his or her muse is a two-sided relationship i.e. the artist needs the muse to continue being successful and the muse needs the artist to continue being sentient/alive.

I don't know if this is how you intended for it to work and this is just an idea so... feel free to correct me if you disagree.

As for the role, at the moment I prefer the muse, but, when I really think about it, I don't really have too great a preference for which character I play? I don't know. I typically don't like to chose characters before fleshing out the plot a little more? Or something...

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Yay! I'm glad you took a nibble, I would love to work with you on this and thank you for your interest, sweets! It's great that you are leaning toward the darker storyline because as you know that's the kind of preference I have! And you're right there is always a plethora of options and dark corners to turn when you chose the less fluffy plot twists!

Well if you aren't sure about what you want yet, why don't we talk about the plot a little more! I would prefer this to take place in a modern (non fantasy) world - and the manifestation of the muse to be something not commonplace at all! I think over time we can hint towards or spend an episode that delves into the history of the muse. The first thing that comes to mind is that the only way to physically manifest the muse is when an artist has substantial potential to be an artist for the ages. We could hint that memorable artists of the past have been heard writing about their muses, or painting them, ect... ((I wonder if muses would be better off as reincarnated every time she finds a new artist, or if she retains her memories from all her past lives)).
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I'm down with the setting. Do you have an idea of which city you want to play in? Or do you want to make up a city (with or without a defined country)? We can also always keep is purposefully ambiguous i.e. we never talk about the location with proper nouns, lol.

I kind of like the idea of having a muse that is "consistent" i.e. he or she is "the same" every instance. The muse retains memories of all his or her past "lives." And, as for what I mean by "the same," I think the muse is, internally, the same person he or she is every time he or she is "alive," but he or she can assume different appearances based on what the artists need. In essence, the muse is always the same, but not the same—if that makes any sense.

Also, what do you mean when you say, "held captive?"

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.