Login to your account

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: speak of the devil

Meredith grabed jacks hand

" jack he could kill us!" she said griping his hand to the side of his body she didn't want him to throw anything else. they had come so far if they died now all that effort and walking running away from what was thought of as mythical creatures. they had come way to far to just die like that.
    Keep calm, and call batman

"The girl is right, Mortal." The dragon faced them. "Would you strike a dragon?"

"I just did." He wrenched his arm away from Meredith, taking up another rock.

"Don't do it Jack!" Fritz took it away.

"I can't live here, I won't! There is no place here for me, I can't stay. So you can either fly us over there or get ready for a lot of rocks." Jack picked up another. But the dragon unfurled his wings and stepped forward. He grabbed Jack and pressed him against the floor.

Meredith screamed " jack!!!!"

she ran over to him

" dragon pl-please don't.kill him. you can kill me instead. he deserves to live more then I. ive only caused trouble on this trip." she said she watched jack carefully

"Your tears mean nothing to me, Mortal female." The dragon did not care to look at her, he cared not for the girl. "Jack..."

"What, you big ass freak?" Jack coughed.

"You are very interesting." The dragon cocked his head to the side.

"You are very interesting. As interesting as an ass!" Jack hissed. The dragon grinned.

Meredith " jack!" she wailed crying.

she felt fritz pull her away from jack. she sighed and cried into fritzes chest.

" don't let him kill him fritz."

"I will fly the the crying Mortal female and your friend, if you promise to take my place as dragon of the mountain, so I can spend five years in your world." The dragon told him. "When I return you will be allowed to go to your world. What say you, Jack?"

"Jack! Don't do it, you know dragons are snakes with wings!" Fritz said.

Meredith ran to jack and pulled him close to her

" no jack! don't do it. please!!" she said and kissed his face all over

" I refuse to leave with out jack! " she sid an griped his hand with all her strength

Jack sputtered in protest when Meredith kissed all over his face. He needed to look tough, not like a sissy. Then the girl tightened her hands around his. The unpleasant feeling of flesh and bone being squeezed was not helpful.

"Why not me?" Fritz offered.

"You aren't the one who impressed me." The dragon kept his eyes on Jack, ignoring the girl and her womanly tears.

"Am I supposed to take that as a compliment?" Jack bit.

"Yes."

"Hm...cocky much?" Jack thought the dragon wasn't so bad.

"I do not understand the meaning, but I can assure you, you will not regret being a dragon." The dragon smiled.

"Why not stay one then?"

"I have my reasons. Exploration is one of them." The dragon told Jack. "Will you do it Jack?"

Jack looked over at Meredith. She said she would refuse to leave. But this is their only chance. He sighed and nodded. Not like he can't just pick her up and toss her in to the fountain. She did not know this was what he was thinking. It was far from her mind that Jack would do that. After all they had been through. She thought he would have her stay then.

"Jack..." Fritz lamented. But Jack shook his head.

"It's Captain Jack to you. Go home. That's an order."

Meredith shook her head

" no I wont leave!" she said and pulled jack to his feet.

" im staying here. " she said and looked him in the eyes.

" you cant make me leave. if I don't want to then I wont." she said and kissed his cheek gently.

The dragon nudged Jack forward and pressed his nose to Jack's face. Suddenly the man double over in pain. He clenched his hands and rolled over. His skin became tough and leathery. Then scales formed. Soon he looked more like a dragon then a human. Jack sprouted wings and increased in size. His neck elongated and he screeched like a beast. When the transformation took place, he looked down at his comrades. His eyes still blue.

"Whoa." He breathed. Jack swept into the air, doing barrel turns. When he landed back down he flexed his wings in a display of awesome. "This is brilliant."

"Wow, Jack. You- You're a DRAGON!" Fritz was flabbergasted.

Meredith " I knew you wanted me dead!" she exclaimed. " y-y-you said you liked me jack... but you really don't care do you?"
    she asked

she hugged fritz softly " fritz...." she said crying softly. she had thought jack liked her or was at least starting too. but now she was as confused as ever. he hates her. that's the truth. he would never love her. especially now that he was a dragon. why would he have taken the dragons offer.

The Dragon that had bestowed this gift transformed too. He stood for them too see, dressed in fine clothes and he was devilishly handsome. He walked up to Fritz and Meredith, giving a short bow. Then he turned to Jack. He had Jack carry them all to the castle. A fountain was in the middle. Just before the man walked on in, he faced Jack.

"Jack, I thank you. It has been long since I became a dragon." He smirked. "Now you were dumb enough to fall for it. I will never return and you will stay what you are. HA!" The man jumped in just before Jacks fire could torch him.

"What now Jack?" Fritz was sad to hear this. "What now?"

"Take Meredith home." Jack felt so stupid. "She doesn't belong here, it's too dangerous. Meredith..." Jack lowered his eyes onto her. "I'm sorry this happened to you..."

"I love you. Go and live a happy life."

meridith crossed her arms. " no." she stated and looked up at jack. it was weird looking into those beautiful blue eyes they belonged to jack but the dragon body made no sence.

" jack I want to help you. I don't want to leave." she said and touched his dragon chest softly

" please jack let me stay." she said sadly

Jack sighed. His deep breath resonating through them. He dipped his head and brushed his face against hers. Then grabbed her around the waist and tossed her into the fountain. Fritz protested, but Jack shoved him in it to. Peering in the water, he could see them. They were on the shore of a lake. Fritz looked into the water of the lake, seeing Jack look back at them. He tried to go back, but the lake was no portal.

"Jack! Jack, don't do this!" He yelled. But all he saw was the dragons sad blue eyes.

Meredith cried. and threw a rock into the water.

" jerk! I loved you!" she said and ran off. she ran till her legs woudnt move anyfurther. she plopped down against a tree. hoping that frit wouldn't be able to find her
    Last edited by monsters_inside_us; 04-15-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Jack sighed. He could only see Fritz peering back at him. Where did Meredith run off to? Should he mouth words to Fritz, to tell him to find her? Jack looked over his shoulder. What was waiting for him in that world? What adventures would he have? As a dragon, it seemed like a boring thing. No one would mess with him. Jack grumbled and looked into the water again.

"I miss her." He sighed. But what was he to do? Not like he can go to Earth as a dragon.

"Hold a second." Jack thought that over. When did he give a dam about the rules? Diving in, he burst forth from the water. Fritz stumbled back, wide eyed.

"J-jack, but, but you can be here! What do you think your doing? They might kill you! What do you think you are?" Fritz stammered.

"Pirate." Jack, the dragon grinned. As if saying that solved all problems.

Meredith leaned against the tree. wondering if she should climb it so it was harder to find her. she knew she was no good at climbing though. once when she was younger she had tried to clib in a tree after jack she had fallen and bruised her knee. she looked up at the tree thn sighed deciding to just stay on land insted

"Where is Meredith?" Jack wondered.

"Ran off, what do ya think? You made her upset Jack." Fritz said as Jack sniffed the ground. Catching her sent, he followed it deep into the woods. Noting being able to fly, Jack had to stomp on through, none to quietly. Then, he saw her. Sitting against a tree.

"Meredith!" Jack called to her, face to face with the girl.

Meredith turned away.
    " you shouldn't be here. dragons don't exist here and either dose jack." she said " here jack is dead. he was lost in a magical land that no one knows about. but we'll just say he drowned that day that way no one has to rember all the pain he put them through." she said and didn't look at him she crossed her arms over her chest her back to him. he had really hurt her. and she could exactly explain what she was feeling. she loved him or she thought she did but now she wasn't so sure. jack was supposed to be smart he wasn't supposed to trade his life for hers. he was a pirate. and pirates didn't care about other people. she knew that much. she wanted to hate him for throwing her into the fountain but she couldn't quite bring herself to that level of hate. she was frustrated yes, but could she say hate when just minutes before she had said she loved him? did she still love him? or was what he had done to much for her?

"Hm." Jack tilted his head. She was upset still. "Dragons don't exist here? So...how do you know about them? What to call them?" Then he chuckled at what she said, about him bringing others pain.

"Pirate." He told her. As if that helped it all.

"Also, people die at sea all the time. I don't need to tell anyone anything. I am free here. Where is here?"

Meredith " JUST SHUT UP!" she snaped " your being annoying. I don't know what to make of you jack!! my life was so simple.... whyd you have to make me fall in love with you why?!" she asked she put her head in her hands crying.

"Make you? I recall pushing you away, throwing you off the ship, and don't forget, I said I wanted you to get your foot caught on a rock so I wouldn't have to deal with you anymore." Jack laughed a little. She was so funny.

"I think YOU made made Me fall in love, Lass." Jack sighed when she started crying. Then he thought of something.

"Why are you really upset?" He asked. Was it because he was a Dragon? "Is it because of what I am? Do you hate what I am?"

she shook her head. " I wish you weren't a dragon... and I hate the fact that you chose to become one but... " she looked down. " you don't love me. you were lying wernet you??"

"That's a matter of opinion I guess." He said, laying on his belly. His dragon eyes on her. "What would you have done in my place, Meredith? Gave up going home? We would never have survived in that place, we barley got to the top of a dam mountain."

"If you were me, and you had the chance to save someone you loved, would you do it?"

" yes but I would have wanted to be with them!" she said and sighed she looked at him." whyd you come here. you made your choice to stay there"

"That man said I had to stay a Dragon, he did not say I had to stay there." Jack huffed. "I don't want to stay there. I want to be with you, you annoying funny Lass." He chuckled.

"I'd rather spend my time as a Dragon with you, instead of being alone on some mountain."

Meredith sighed. " I cant hug a dragon jack. I cant snuggle with a dragon or hold its hand." she said and turned away. " I want jack back. I don't want this damn dragon!"

"So then..." Jack cocked a brow. "It is true. You don't love me, because of who I am. You loved me because I was human." Jack stood up and grumbled a deep sigh. "Despite the fact that you CAN hug a dragon and snuggle a dragon, I'd say that it would be impossible to snuggle or a hug a brat!" Then Jack turned around, walking off into the woods. He was loud and angry. The trees were getting in the way. Making it a slow trek.

Meredith chased after him. " jack no!!!!!! its not like that!!!!!!! I just want to be able to ft you in my arms!" she cried. she couldn't catch up to him his long strides were to fast for her tiny ones. she plopped down after awhile not ebing able to walk let alone run. she sighed

Jack heard her yelling, but he refused to turn around. He got to the lake and laid down. He was very pissed off. Fritz was there but he wasn't going to say much. He has seen Jack in this sort of mood. It's bad enough when he was human, just think of what a dragon might do.