Login to your account

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: speak of the devil

Meredith began to cry she grabed jacks hand refusing to let go. she looked at fritz " NO.YOU CANT DO THAT!! '' she said looking at fritz body tht was slowly being covered in blood.

" these people are my friends.... "
    Keep calm, and call batman

"People food..." They told her. Jack was not having it. He unleashed his anger, shooting them. In the confusion he grabbed Meredith and Fritz. Running out of the village they were being chased by the Gremlins. The Red One was furious. His Queen was getting away!

"NO! Get them!"

"Shove off!" Jack yelled. Leading Meredith and Fritz, Jack came to a waterfall. Jack looked into Merediths eyes, then back at the Gremlins. Jack met her gaze again.

"Let's do it."

Meredith. held onto jackholding fritz to her also but jack was who she clung to. " ok." she said

the next thing she knew she was falling from the high water fall holding onto two boys. a child hood acutance and a man she had met only a few days ago. she lookedat jack " im sorry." she mouthed.tear sliding down her pale cheeks

Jack was terrified that Meredith and Frizt would die. Fritz was already bleeding to death. Just before he hit the water, he locked eyes with Meredith. Feeling guilty for some of the things he had done to her. Fritz was a kind man, but Jack had issues. He still was difficult to get along with...but maybe if he lived through this...he would try harder not to be an ass.

Plunging into the water, Jack was unaware that the water was healing Fritz. When they got to the surface, Jack pulled the two up on shore. He breathed heavily, falling to the ground.

"Everyone alright?" Jack coughed.

Meredith nodded still clinging to jack tightly. even though they were now safely on land she was still scared. what if they came after them? after all they still were on their land. Meredith wondered where the rest of the crew was. some were on the ship yes but what about the ones that had come with them.

she looked at jack not wanting to let go " jack... " she whispered

"Fritz?"

"I'm alright..." Fritz got up, checking out his wound. But it wasn't there. "God almighty, Cap'n, my stab wound is gone!"

"What?" Jack looked over. "How did- But, I saw- I saw you were cut really deep!" Jack got up, sand all over him. He pulled Fritz to his feet, as well as Meredith. "This is not...Any place I know of...even the water is strange..."

"You think we...are dreaming?" Fritz gulped. "Or...You think we're dead?" He referred to the here after. Jack thought that over...and then pinched Meredith on the arm.

Meredith jumped " hey!" she said punching his arm.

" I told you earlier that water heals, but no one listens to me!" she said and looked at him waiting for an apology.
    " it healed my cut..." she comented she glanced at fritz " I knew youd be alright. your a strong pirate."

"Hm?" Jack breathed, as if just tapped on the shoulder. "Did you say something?"

"Strong I am. Now lets get going to the ship." Fritz looked up at Jack for approval.

"Yes, let's go. We should cast off. Maybe drop Meredith off somewhere else." He spoke like she wasn't even standing there.

Meredith " im not leaving for the last time!" she said she clung to jacks arm tightly " I wont let go until you say I can stay!" she said she looked up at him. she didn't want to leave and she wouldn't

fritz looked at her " sweety it may be best ye leave lass."

Meredith shook her head " that's just what all you want"

"Ugh, you're so clingy. I'd rather bed a bar wench. At least they leave you alone afterward."Jack, although he said this, and looked annoyed, did not push her away this time.

"Well, Cap'n Jack?" Frizt nodded to the direction of the ship.

"Yeah, I know..." Jack started off with out warning, having Meredith stumble at first, because of his quick pace. If she was going to hold on, then she better do just that!

"Don't suppose your hands are actually vices?" Jack muttered beneath his breath.

"And what I said before, about you being a crew member?" Jack spoke. "I lied."

"Cap'n, even I think that's a low move." Fritz frowned.

"Pirate." Jack said it again, like it fixed things.

Meredith " sucks for you then because, im staying on board weather you like it or not." she said and held his hand as they walked

" if you don't like me holding on so much why aren't you doing anything about it?" she asked

fritz nodded agreeing with her " the lass has a point cap'n, she don't weigh to much. ye could shove her off."

Meredith nodded " yep but your chosing not to. why?" she asked looking up at him

"Yeah, like that worked last time. Here you are grabbing me again." Jack not stingy on being sardonic. "I'm hoping your foot will get caught in a rock, so you'll get stuck and then I won't have to worry about you anymore."

"Cap'n!" Fritz wagged a finger at him. It was like Fritz was a father to Jack, scolding his troubled son.

"Ugh..." Jack grumbled. He said a very low sorry, almost a whisper. Was Jack getting warmed up to Meredith? Or was he just planning an attack later, so better to stave off suspicion now? The ship, at the moment, was now in view. Not one could be seen on deck, but then they might be eating in the galley.

"I feel like this trip was overly useless." Jack grimaced. He glanced at Meredith, as if to say it was her fault.

" I wasn't the one who said to we needed to find land to get rid of me!" she defended her self quickly

" besides your captain. so techiclly its your fault." she retorted she found the little boat that they had used to get over to this island

" shouldn't you be worrying about the rest of the crew that came here with us. not just playing the blame game?" she snaped she climbed into th eboat

"The 'blame game'?" Jack cocked a brow. "Very grown up, Meredith." He rolled his eyes.

"It's my fault? Maybe you're right..." Jack began to row. "I never should have made the mistake of saving your life."

"Ye know ye don't mean that, Cap'n." Fritz tilted his head forward. "Stop being a fool."

"Ye know I could have you're hide for talking-smack like that, Fritz." Jack glared.

"But ye won't." He leaned back. "I know ye Jack, you won't."

Getting to the ship, all seemed a little too quiet. Climbing up the latter, the horror on board nearly sent Jack in a rage. His crew were slaughtered! Bodies lay around, large gashes in their chests. Jack went to his mates, a tear threatened but Jack staved it off.

"What the HELL? What IS this place? Who...Who did this?" Jack clenched a fist. Then a shadow caught his eye. Jack had enough time to snap his head up to see a hand grab his throat. A figure taller than 7 feet lifted Jack off the deck of the ship. All around them, shadows sprang forth. Fritz held Meredith.

"Answer me, mortal..." It's voice like a hiss in the wind. "From whence dost thou come?" It seemed a simple enough question, yet there was something wrong. Did this thing ask that of everyone else? What was it? Jack tried to talk, but he couldn't. His air was being cut off. Fritz was racking his brain. There was something familiar about this situation.

"Don't tell em! Don't tell em where ye come from!" Fritz spoke. "Think boy! Look around you and think!"

The Shadows stared into Jack's eyes.

"Go to hell." Jack managed to cough out. So then they dropped him and snatched Meredith up. Jack had to be held down by Frtiz.

"Answer me Mortal..." The Shadow spoke to Meredith. "From whence dost thou come?"

when they got on board Meredith looked around at the bodys. the boys that had been laughing and drunk tourturing her for their amusment just last night, now lay dead. the dec kwas covered in blood from all the bodys. The once decent looking crew of pirates was now an eye killing sight. she turned away then saw the silhouette of a mans body, extreamly tall before she had time to blink the thing grabed up jack by the throat demanding him tell them where they were from. fritz was yelling not to tell and all jack was able to spit out was 'go to hell' the thing droped him quickly lurching for little meridith grabing her by her throat wit hease.

Meredith looked at jack tears filling her eyes. he was still frustrated with him but she had heard fritz tell jack not to tell where they were from. so what was she supposed to say? was she not supposed to tell. " let go. ' she whispered.

she could feel her throat ache it hurt so bad. she reached her hands touching the things claws that were around her neck. she was losing air rapidly, if she didnt let in a gulp of air soon she would pass out maybe even die.

The tall shadows dropped Meredith to the floor. They were irritated, all of them were. How do they siphon their souls and eat their flesh if their questions are not answered? The seven of them gathered and melded within the shadows. Jack helped Meredith up. Things kept popping out here and there, causing so much trouble. He considered his attitude towards the girl. Maybe he shouldn't be so harsh. After all, it was just them three now.

"Are ye alright?" He asked softly.

"We either need to head out now, or risk another attack." Fritz spoke.

"Where do we go? With out a crew...It's not going to work, Fritz."

"Yes it will. I'm not giving up, Cap'n."

"Don't call me that..." Jack turned to servery they dead. "A Captain needs a crew, I have no crew."

meridith " you have me a fritz we are your crew." she said and hugged him softly

" don't be so down.... we can uhh try to make the best of it." she said and looked up at him " we need to get away from these things..." she looked towards fritz

" why did you not want us to tell them where we are from. such a harmless question if you ask me." she said. it really was if she had simply told them where she was from what would they have done? that information ushually isn't of much value. but fritz seemed intent on keeping it a secret from all these things. where were thye any ways

"No, you don't understand ships. This is a ship, we need more men...my crew, my friends..." Jack motioned for them to stay there, and he went inside to get something.

"He's in a bad place right now, Lass." Fritz said to Meredith. "Give him some time."

Jack took a long while before he came out with a sack fill with body bags. Wordlessly, he began cleaning up. Fritz joined him, telling Meredith she had no obligation to help, so not to worry about seeming rude. He understood they weren't dear to her in any way.

"What are you going to do with them?" Fritz asked.

"Toss them. A sailors funeral" Was all Jack said.

Meredith sighed and helped anyways. being extra careful " im sorry guys... I know they meant a lot to you. and youd rather have me dead then them... I should have just stayed then jack wouldn't have gone.... and none of this would have happened."

she looked down wiping her eyes. she stoped what she was doing and sat there crying for a minute. " I just wanted to prove to jack that I wasn't worthless that I could help but I did the opposite." she said wiping her eyes again. she had just wanted to impress jack and look what had happened

"No, don't cry." Fritz held her. "Don't ye cry lass. Not right now." Fritz had her stay in place for a moment, asking her to tie up a bag as he stole away. Secretly placing Jack-Jack into a bag. Meredith shouldn't see her dog was...was...

"Lass, why don't you get Jack back over here to help set the men at sea?" He called to her, hiding the poor thing from her sight. "That's right, I'll see you two in a bit now. Go on." Fritz respectfully tied the fellow up in a bag with a pirate he knew the be kinder than the others.

"Poor lass..." Fritz shook his head. Then a movement to his side caught his eye. Spinning around, it was-

"A fairy?"

Meredith felt something touch her shoulder " fritz im going." she whispered she looked at her shoulder but instead of frtitz hand was a little light coloured fairy.

" umm" she looked at the boys quickly before deciding what to do " hi there." she whispered wiping her eyes

the fairy smiled " why are you crying?" she asked her voice sounded like little chimes it was so beautiful.

Meredith sighed "look around us..." she said softly

"Oh..." The small thing fluttered around the ship, inspecting the bodies that were still on board.

"The Shadows asked them questions and they answered..." The fairy sat on the rail. "They did the same thing to other men. They like to eat them. I'm Gala by the way. A spark Fairy from the west shore."

"Fairies...they aren't-"

"Real? I always thought it was strange that mortla man have no fairies in their world." Gala twinkled her toe in the air.

"Our world...so then...where are we?" Fritz asked.

"I call it FallenLeaf, because I like leaves when they change colors and fall down. But most here call it Morlear the Dark Song."

"Why?" Jack asked.

"Because it was made by a dark song." She laughed at their ignorance.

"Were you born here?" Fritz asked.

"Yep!" Gala beamed. "I see that you weren't. Are you guys going to go back? Oh, please stay! I don't have many friends."

"Go back? So we can leave?" Jack was wide eyed.

"Sure, but you have to go up the Sky Mountain, and to do that you have to fly." Gala spoke, flying up to point at a swirling mass of dark clouds. "When yu get there, you find the black fountain, think of home, and dive in."

Meredith sighed " we cant fly though." she said and looked at jack. then at fritz

" hey whers jack jack?!" she said and ran down to the lower deck searching for him. she opened up the room leading to the hammocks.

" jack jack. where are you?" she asked getting on her hands and knes searching for him. she began to cry. where was he?seeing he wasn't there she ran back up and jumped into fritz' arms " I cant find him fritz.... they probably took him!" she wailed " hes only a puppy..."

"I don't know, I- I didn't see him." Jack peered around, even calling the dog. Fritz went along with it for a while, and then suggested they finish their job of giving the crew a sailors burial by way of sea. Jack patted Meredith on the shoulder, trying to be sympathetic.

"Hey...we'll find him okay?" Jack spoke, helping Fritz with the bodies until each one was cast off.

Meredith sat down " ushually hed come to me soon as im near..." she said looking down at the decks floor. it was unusual for jack-jack to not be by her every second. she looked up at fritz

" do you think they killed him?" she asked wiping at her eyes once more. she looked back down " I hope they didn't hurt him to bad.." she said of course she didn't know he was dead, she walked over to jack and hugged him softly

" they have a good captain to see them off." she said looking up at jack still hugging him " I didn't know them that well but I could see that they respected you jack"
    Last edited by monsters_inside_us; 03-29-2013 at 01:05 AM.

"It could very well be lass, I'm sorry." It was better to say it that way, then to out right crush her heart.

"Not a Captain...please stop saying that." Jack then turned to the Fairy who had been listening to them.

"You, Gala, how can we get up to the Castle?" He asked in seriousness.

"I told you, you have to-"

"I know! We have to fly, so tell us how we can. You have eyes to see we do not fly on our own."

"Well, you can asked Miraak...but he's a grumpy dragon, he might want payment of sorts." She shrugged. Suddenly a fish jumped out of the water, trying to eat her before it dropped back in to the ocean. Jack stabbed the fish and the Fairy was eternally greatful.

"You saved me! Oh, Hail Jack! Hail Meredith! Hail Fritz!" She cried. "I will do you this favor, to help you three to get home, since you have saved my life." Gala gave Meredith a warm hug on her hand. Jack and Fritz were ignored.

"Hey, I saved you, not them." Jack felt cheated.

Meredith giggled and fixed the little fairys hair then set her down. she looked at jack

" you know you could hug me back when I hug you. " she said raising an eyebrow " or do you refuse that sorta thing and prefer to only forcefully touch me?" she asked then looked at fritz. she sighed and looked at gala

" ok so gala, how do we get to this dragon then? and whats the payment. im pretty sure we are willing to pay a pretty penny to get to go home..." she said she then remembered what would happen if they went home. Jack and fritz would ditch her and shed have to continue onto her aunts house, to go to a private school. she didn't want that. she looked at the two boys. she now had options she could try to mess up all three of their chances to get home and be stuck in this foreign land or she could go along with it and hoe and pray that the boys don't ditch her.

but which would she do? did she really want to stay with fritz and jacks so bad that she would sacrifice her going back to 'earth'

"Come with me." Gala motioned. She flew across the water and Jack sighed. They had just come from there.

"Just a sec, I need to get some things." Jack fetched a sack with some food, a cup for boiling water, and a few medical things. He would have to leave his ship, if he wanted to get home. Home where he knew he could survive. Where he felt safer and nothing was as unpredictable.

"Alright, Mere, Fritz. Let's get rowing."

Meredith " im tired." she said and put her head on jacks lap. she kissed his hand then smiled at him

" ill help out later ok?" she asked

before he could answer Meredith shut her eyes and snuggled into his lap softly falling asleep muttering her goodnights to everyone

Jack was not happy for the kiss on his hand, or the seemingly sleeping lass on his lap. Fritz shook his head when Jack motioned that he wanted to push her off. The girl was an odd one indeed. Why was she so...relaxed around him? She should be scared, she should be wondering what sort of man Jack was, not snuggling up to him.

"Honestly, I had no idea she would be like this." Jack told Fritz. "I expected her to keep in mind that I am a pirate. To think about the men I've killed or the women I've slept with. But all she's done is hold harder to me. No matter how much I push her away."

"Maybe you need someone like that Jack." Fritz spoke.

"Why? It's annoying." He spoke flatly. "She's clingy, and whiny. She keeps talking with me as if we've been buddies all our lives. We aren't buddies."

"Like I said, maybe you need someone like that Jack."

"I have you."

"Ha ha ha ha! Oh Jack, you know that's not what I mean. You chase after girls and then drop them cause you get bored. Are you bored with this lass?"

"Not the point." Jack crossed his arms. "I seriously regret not tossing her overboard."

"You did."

"Not then, I mean when we first found her."

"Why didn't you?"

"I-" Jack thought about that. "I was curious. I hadn't seen her for years, I was just...curious is all. When I saw her on the docks, when Hex and Clint were bothering her, I noticed her as soon as I saw her. But she didn't notice me. It was interesting to hear she still remembered me....thought about me...I wonder if my real family even cares that I had gone. Mere said they told everyone I drowned. Sounds like a typical things. Make something sensible up, not bother to find the truth...I guess it was a breath of fresh air to hear what Mere had to say...but I still think we should have not taken her aboard."

"She's in danger here. This place is mythical, it seems." Jack said, a bit of worry in his voice.

"You don't sound like you don't want her here."

"Hn" Jack ignored that and rowed till morning.