Login to your account

Thread: POOF! I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

POOF! I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

I know it's a cheesy introduction, but those are the most fun. Hi, I'm Kriemedean (crEEm-ed-dE-an), like comedian, except I make milk products; you can call me Kriem. (Neither online nor in real life do people remember or use my name, unless family. I normally get nicked anyway, so I'm choosing it this time. ^.^ )

I started writing by first reading and reading anything, including dictionaries--all those fun words. My second favorite book is in fact a dictionary. My first is the Bible. My third is...I don't know. I like a lot. I started out writing stupid little kid stories and graduating into longer, more descriptive books--I love great descriptions--and I went into tandem storytelling a decade ago.

I started slow; my friend actually made my person slap hers because I was afraid to, but regardless I caught on quick and, when our floppy disk (yes, it was that time in history) refused to open the file, she broke out in tears. We have both made react emotionally through plot and made a game out of making the other blush...I won. (I would definitely like to have more of a relationship with the other writer(s) so I can make the best person for our stories.) We have written so much together that I could predict what she would do. It was awesome for a while, a lot like dancing with a partner. However, we both felt like she was in a box when it came to personalities and plots--and she's allowed to make limits on what makes her comfortable--so we decided to go different routes, since we don't want to rehash.

By the way, I love plots, especially mystery. I have noticed that we did better with (since there was always romance) the author doing the woman also having the main plot, but intertwining and switching from one author's planned situations to the other's and to the other's kept the story fun and alive. World creation rocks and is a passion of mine. I like all genres that I can think of off the top of my head and I enjoy mixing themes a lot. I don't mind constructive criticism; I want to be better and not fall into creating repeat offending characters.

Unfortunately, I can make people uncomfortable with some of the persons I create, but I really don't think I am straying from fundamental standards. *shrugs* As long as I know the extent of what's allowed, I'm good. Personally, I don't do naturally non-adult, non-human, non-heterosexual romances (How's that for a double negative?), though I do have characters who disagree with me, even if I will neither pair them with anyone's character nor describe outright or I will be sick. (The previous has been removed, lol) I realize there are people out there with different opinions, so don't be alarmed by me playing anything from the most mentally-disturbed murderer to an innocent infant. I hope no one has left by now after all this, but let me end with, "Yay for roleplay!"
    Last edited by Kriemedean; 01-31-2014 at 04:56 PM. Reason: misspellings

First, welcome to the site, Kriem! I'm Jing (ignore the username—it's completely irrelevant as almost no one on the site refers to me by it).

Second, if you're into world-creation, I think you'll find plenty of people who share that particular vein of interest (I can name a few off the top of my head). Personally, I'll do it if I have to, but I won't get particularly excited about it. Call me lazy or unimaginative because I'm both, haha. /bricked

Third, character varieties! No one is going to shun you for wanting to play characters outside of your comfort zone. Every writer hopes to broaden their horizon and the best writers will try their hands at the oddest composition. So feel free to make characters the way you like and want to. (:

Finally, I hope you come to love and enjoy the board as much as the regulars! If you ever need anything, feel free to toss me a VM or PM. I'm always more than happy to help (as is most everyone else here).

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post

First, welcome to the site, Kriem! I'm Jing (ignore the username—it's completely irrelevant as almost no one on the site refers to me by it).
    LOL, isn't that always the case, right?

Second, if you're into world-creation, I think you'll find plenty of people who share that particular vein of interest (I can name a few off the top of my head). Personally, I'll do it if I have to, but I won't get particularly excited about it. Call me lazy or unimaginative because I'm both, haha. /bricked
    Nah, everyone has a reason for world-creation; Tolkien made his worlds for his languages, so when the inspiration comes, it comes. It's not lazy. I just watched Face Off last night and yet again being unenthused messed someone up.
    Also, please name a few!

Finally, I hope you come to love and enjoy the board as much as the regulars! If you ever need anything, feel free to toss me a VM or PM. I'm always more than happy to help (as is most everyone else here).
    You'll regret having made that offer.
    Last edited by Kriemedean; 03-20-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: double-pasted
    "Ew. Did you check to see what date this raw milk expires?"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."
    "It's the cream. The fat floats to the top."
    "Oh, I just thought it was Bridgid's backwash the first couple of times."
    "Wait, why didn't you say 'ew' when you thought that?"

Haha, you misunderstood. I never want to put in the effort in crafting worlds. I do it because it's necessary for a) the game or b) joining. Haha, I just want to play in a world that is already given to me. ^^;

Whenever I think of world-building and big, grand environments, Strude is definitely someone that comes to mind. She always has one of those "epic" RP on mind. And, recently, I've met someone else who seems to enjoy it as well: balam acab.

And, I should hope not! Haha. I like to think I'm a fairly helpful person... and that I enjoy helping others... Maybe. Haha.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Humble Farmer With a Sword balam acab's Avatar

Cheesy? What was cheesy about it? It seemed pretty informative to me.

But, welcome to WTF Krimedean! I'm Balam Acab (the name of an ambiance musician who I listen to when I do all my writing) but you're welcome to call me Taylore.

You'll definitely be a very special asset to our little family <3 It's always lovely to meet people who are passionate about world building like myself and a few special others I can think of (*coughcoughJingandStrudecoughcough*). If you ever want to get together and, I dunno, create this massive world ... I'm your lady. Muahaha.

As for your signature ... I was at Comicon when the video "Deadpool Does Comicon" was filmed, I saw mostly all of the people he party-boyed that weekend, buaha.

@joon I'm flattered that you mentioned me >////>

Quote Originally Posted by balam acab View Post

Cheesy? What was cheesy about it? It seemed pretty informative to me.

But, welcome to WTF Krimedean! I'm Balam Acab (the name of an ambiance musician who I listen to when I do all my writing) but you're welcome to call me Taylore.

You'll definitely be a very special asset to our little family <3 It's always lovely to meet people who are passionate about world building like myself and a few special others I can think of (*coughcoughJingandStrudecoughcough*). If you ever want to get together and, I dunno, create this massive world ... I'm your lady. Muahaha.

As for your signature ... I was at Comicon when the video "Deadpool Does Comicon" was filmed, I saw mostly all of the people he party-boyed that weekend, buaha.

@joon I'm flattered that you mentioned me >////>
    Yay! Messaging now. Admittedly, it's been a while since I got to do so with another person, so just set me straight if I go too far.
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar

Whenever I think of world-building and big, grand environments, Strude is definitely someone that comes to mind. She always has one of those "epic" RP on mind. And, recently, I've met someone else who seems to enjoy it as well: balam acab.
    I see how it is Jing.
    I
    SEE
    HOW
    IT
    IS.

Anyway.
    Well met! I was just perusing through the introductions (looking at people because I'm a fun stalker like that yo), and I was like 'oh that is a funny subject line', and then 'double oh DeadPool'. I love new people! I especially love new people with a sense of humor! I love humor! And now I'm rambling!

Well met and if you are need of folks for an RP I'll probably be on it like white on rice.
    Seriously.
    I love to join other people's RPs (this has nothing to do with the fact that I am too lazy to format... so lazy to format...).

I am so happy to see so many know Deadpool. He and Spider-Man (especially original) are my suga' dumplings.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...elf6o1_500.gif

Oh, and world-building, that's sweet, too. Whenever I start one, I'll remember to invite you and, if you ever need help formatting, I can do those too, but expect a lot of questions. Did it for a guy I knew after his mom's girlfriend deleted everything (on purpose) and destroyed his will to write. His faith in humanity was restored.
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."