Login to your account

Thread: Inventor's Log

Important NPC
    [Neat, careful writing fills the pages of the thick, leather-bound tome. It looks intensely ancient, but not nearly as well-used. The first page states this:]

My name is

[There are large smears and scratches afterward, looking as if someone had written something down but made a mistake and had to scratch it out. Finally, after several tries, a full sentence is formed.]

My name is Simon.

[More smears and scratches, far more numerous than the first, until about the middle of the page where it reads:]

My name is Simon Emilio Leonardo Nicholas Artephius Kotar Ninegal Gofannon Spanner.

I am not human.

I am unique.

I am special.

[Still more scratches and smears. At the bottom of the page, almost as if squeezed in, are two legible lines.]

I am lonely.

I want a friend.
    Last edited by Aleyn; 03-17-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Important NPC
    [A sizable portion of the pages after the first are missing, visible by the gap in the binding. The top of the first page after the gap reads:]

This is the compilation of notes and writings penned by Trismegistus, as a record of both the saga of the Time saviours and the many inventions I have created.

[A gap of space. More writing begins about a third of the way down the page.]

Modern Roman solar calendar Thursday December XIII, year MMXIII anno domini. Time 0000.

Time is broken. Janus has told me everything.

We must fix Time. It is the only thing that helps the world to live.

Janus has told me there will be visitors. Chosen humans to help us repair Time. They represent the elements.

I must become a teacher. I must teach them how to wield their new powers.

I must become their helper. My inventions can help them.

They are here. They have arrived.

I am happy.

I am excited.

I am nervous.

I am scared.

I have always been alone.

I do not know how to be friends with humans.

I do not know how to teach them.

I do not know how to help them.

I do not know how to protect them.

Help.

I don't know anything.

Can you be my friend?