Login to your account

Thread: Obligatory Introduction Post

Obligatory Introduction Post

Greetings WTFRPG (what does that acronym even stand for..?). I'm StoneBasilisk; a wandering roleplayer in search of a purpose in life. I'm no stranger to RPing, but I've never had the chance to try forum-based gaming yet.

My origins are a lesser-known backwater known as the Cortex Roleplaying Engine - a mod/'custom game' for Starcraft II that presents the roleplaying genre in a visual format. I could spend hours rattling away about it, but suffice to say that it was how I started RPing in the first place, and that I eventually got sick of how very few people tried to improve themselves, and how -

Well, apparently I'm rattling about it anyway. Sorry about that. Next time, I'll let some poor sap ask me about Cortex before I launch into a eye-gouging rant.

Long story short, I decided to look for greener pastures elsewhere. Unfortunately, it's difficult to adapt when everyone else takes the forum style for granted. Several times I've joined a new site, only to retreat later because I lack the nerve to join a game. Not to mention the sites like RoleplayGateway that place emphasis on customized, unorthodox systems that I simply can't figure out.

Anyways, I'm here now, I joined up because whatthehell, and I hope this will be more fruitful than most other times.

Towards roleplay styles and preferences... I generally play female characters, and I have a soft spot for eccentric personalities. I enjoy fantasy more than futuristic/tech settings, if only because I find a wizard a bit more interesting than a cyborg commando.

Generally, I prefer to play a secondary character, rather than be forced to uphold an RP as the main hero/villain. I also place more emphasis on character interaction and development than story. Perhaps that last one's a bit of a flaw, but I was raised to appreciate such details.

I also tend to bite a bit at cliches like zombie hordes and expies of Lord Sauron, and I'm not fond of godmodders or Mary Sues either. A bit of baggage from my Cortex days, mostly.

I have no idea how to make this introduction end without being so sudden, so I'll just cut away right now. Hopefully, I'll amass the nerve to join a roleplay here that doesn't require a lengthy archive binge beforehand so I don't end up skewering the lore and embarrassing myself. This 'Character Pool' system sounds like a lovely idea, though...
    There is a curse...
    They say:
    "May you live in Interesting Times."

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    What The Fuck Role Play

But it really is meant to stand for anything you feel fits the letters.
    I figured as much, but didn't want to assume...
    There is a curse...
    They say:
    "May you live in Interesting Times."

Hello there Basilisk!

We've got a lot of RPs going on right now and quite a lot of them don't require any extensive research beforehand. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that suits your fancy. And even if you don't, feel free to start up your own! We're a friendly bunch.

There's a lot of room for character development here, so just give a shout if you need help navigating any of our site features.