Login to your account

Thread: Role-playing games and communities. Discussion and opinions!

Role-playing games and communities. Discussion and opinions!

Hey folks!

I'm currently in a "phase" where I'm looking into underrepresented genres of gaming, this seemed like a good place to gather more connections and feedback on it. I've recently been curious about role-playing online. First hand reaction you get when I tell people I'm looking into role-play... well, let's just say it seems to be a hard sell. Hear me out though. Have you ever played GTA? Good.

Imagine an online GTA where people own houses, arranges "street racing" with in-game money betting, where some players plays cops and scouts the city for races or illegal activities, and so forth. More or less an alive city with people playing for different factions, goals and ideals. I got convinced to play on such a server, it took me a few days to get into the flow but once I understood the approach... it was most probably the best gaming experience I've had. It felt like an interactive digital movie.

Unfortunately that place shut down and I'm now looking for more like-minded people or interesting projects on role-play. Are there any suggestions, ideas or people playing currently on role-playing games?

I've been getting some suggestions on World of Warcraft role-playing. www.prologue-wow.com looks very interesting but I have not tried it yet, anyone here playing WoW RP with more knowledge?

It sounds like you're describing an open-world, sandbox-type game. I know there were several attempts to make a game like this (see: caravan riders and Brookstone).

So, there's definitely interest for such a game—it's just a matter of finding the people to collaborate with you on building the game. (:

Last edited by Strude; 03-08-2013 at 07:20 PM.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.