Login to your account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OOC : Plot discussion, random ideas, world building and such

So I guess this is the place for info dumping and RP relevant chatter. If there's anything you wanna add or ask about, fire away.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Earlier, scarlightning was asking me about the plot, so I'll just say here what I told him and then maybe a bit more:

There's the war in Avalon that's starting to get under way. That becomes very important later on. For now, there are refugees coming to Camelot and its the local Gunslingers' jobs to guard the city and make sure everything goes smoothly. It will eventually turn out that everything won't go so smoothly. Anyways, if your characters have their own agenda, they are by all means allowed to pursue it.

The way things are looking right now, I say so far, so good. We're getting a nice flow of action going on here - I know I didn't exactly plan that confrontation between Landarin (scar's character) and the two Gunslingers at the gate - and I like that, the way things are developing organically (as pretentious as that sounds). Depending on the way things are moving along, expect things to get more interesting later.

Morpheus, I reckon now's a good time you see to John's history. In my latest post, I used your first post as a reference and sort of expanded on it, that whole thing about killing 7 Gunslingers and going awol for 4 years. I think you can take it from there. Or not, I'll leave that up to you.

rumxcoke... hello. Nice first post.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 02-28-2013 at 02:25 PM.

I'm a guy LOL

It's hard to tell here sometimes... though I suppose the Skype username I never noticed shoulda been a big clue, so I shut my mouth.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 02-28-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Nah its cool man I get it xD

Well anyways, while we wait for things to happen, help me out here. Which of the following pics do you think ought to represent the king of Camelot?

Callahan (original).jpg or the_legend_by_berylune_and_kanaloa-d4vb5b2 (original).jpg

Never mind, I've decided that the first one is streets ahead of the second... Nao moar pics!!!

Morgana
    witch_by_enmi-d4ydrpa.jpg

Gunther's son whose name I haven't decided yet
    wyatt_earp_by_ethrendil-d3fizhp.jpg

Everyone's white!
    Last edited by enkerzed; 02-28-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Well, Arthur Pendragon was a British Celt so white's not so terrible. BUT! His descendant could have mixed marriages. Make him half white/something.

I was hoping someone could help me come up with what history to give Angus McNair, Nuala's father. He's supposed to be really respected as a legendary Gunslinger. But he grew up rough, like gun-gangs and thievery, until he met Rose who aspired to be a Gunsmith. He became a Gunslinger to help people instead of using his skills to harm. I know that I want him to be famous in a good way presently, and have something dark in his past he could be known for but isn't proud of. Kind of like a mix between Aragorn and Shawn from Boy-Meets-World. Nuala will really only know about his present life.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate ideas since I don't know what makes one so famous in gun fights. Otherwise I'll just copy off John Wesley Hardin or some other famous gunner from our true history.

By the way, her name is pronounced 'FIN-new-la' the nickname is 'New-La'. Just thought you guys might not know.

Duly noted. Now as for Angus, yes, sounds interesting. Mayhaps a former bandit, a young gun who went marauding around the out towns, the ones far away from the big city. Anyways, he's a Caliburn Knight, yeah? One of Gunther's own, a legend in his own right, yada yada and so on. So he'll have a Caliburn Gun that he maybe found before or after becoming a Gunslinger, or acquired through some other means like besting another Caliburn Knight in a duel, or inheriting it from a friend (who was maybe dying on the battlefield or something else), or from whoever trained him (IF anyone trained him, he probably would have been too old to be a squire by the time he turned from his days as a mean hombre).

As for what makes fame in gun fights, great deeds I reckon, uncommon acts of sheer balls-out badassery and the like. Also age. Old Gunslingers tend to command a good deal of respect. Something about living to a certain age where most others living by the gun would be dead or retired.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 02-28-2013 at 04:19 PM.

OMG, thank you, I have such great ideas flooding my mind right now, I almost can't contain them! I have to get on that as soon I can during breaks and after work. BTW, I love your RP! And I was hoping Nuala might already know Mitchell a bit, maybe be even have a little crush on him, is that okay?

Sounds lovely. Town folks under the umbrella of Camelot ought to know some of the local Gunslingers, even if it's usually less so the other way around.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Oh hey, rumxcoke, I just thought of something. This pic the_legend_by_berylune_and_kanaloa-d4vb5b2.jpg could be Angus, or maybe his friend in Avalon. Hm, what you think?
    Last edited by enkerzed; 02-28-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Cowboy_by_13star.jpg'

This is not Angus. I'm still looking for him, but this is Nuala's grandpa 'Mac'.

Your picture there, will be his old buddy 'Andrew Jax'. I'll send you Angus's history later. Expect a picture of Angus soon.

Okay I found a few images that represents Angus...

78234da2000627367f045e227dacd62a.jpg

and

Viggo_Mortensen_fanart_by_Veiz.jpg

and

everybody-has-a-plan-trailer.jpg

I understand that they are all of Viggo, but that's who I thought of. But with more grey hair. He's like 54, or so.

Okay, I have to go to work again. I'll post after work. It will be Angus's history. I want you to tell me what you think.

Wowee, I never knew Viggo did any Old West thingies. Groovy, most groovy. All right, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Just put up Angus. As soon as he's approved I'll disown him so you can adopt. Go ahead and changed things, if it will benefit the RP.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

I just disowned him. But I don't see him on the list anymore. Should I try again?

He was locked, but dw, I've sorted things out.

I'm wondering where the three of you are going. Maybe Naula can go there to look for her father, if it makes sense. Right now she's roaming around his usual spots.

Also, it would be nice to get a list of where you think Angus would have his haunts. I can work them into her posts and maybe even add to the forthcoming drama of the war by 'noticing' things around Camelot as Naula walks around.

Mitchell is leading John and Landarin to see the Merlin, who'll be hanging around his personal workshop in the upper reaches of Camelot (hence the mention of turns and steps in my latest post). Caliburn Knights being the equivalent of captains and royal guards, Angus might be guarding the castle grounds or the Merlin himself. Otherwise, he'll be leading patrols around the city, or mentoring squires in the training yard. In his off time, he'll be taking care of Andrew Jaxx's manor - even though there's already a servant tending to the place - and sleeping there, barring any late night shifts. The way you wrote Angus's character description, he doesn't strike me as the drinking type, so I figured he'd be more of a reader of stories and such, or maybe an enthusiastic chess player against other Caliburn Knights. How's it all sounding?
    Last edited by enkerzed; 03-02-2013 at 10:04 PM.

I was a little confused about Jax having a manor, but I realized I didn't mention much about him. I was hoping he would be the drinking type, and a fist fighter. A 'poor' man to the eyes of others, but rich in friends. He bunks at the Sheep farm when he visits. Even so, I'm curious to know what a Caliburn Knight does to take care of a manor. Is it just guarding? Or does he clean? He probably doesn't clean, but that just came to mind for some reason.

I like that you got that Angus isn't much into drinking. He drinks, but not like Jax, or even Rose. Rose drinks, which is a surprise to most, but she's not a raging drunk or anything. She enjoys a pipe and a shot or two of her favorite whiskey, 'Tullamore Dew'. The pipe she has was hand carved by Nuala, who has made her own as well. Nuala doesn't smoke often, but when she does, it brings to mind memories of warm nights of the porch with her family.

Jax spends time in bars, so Angus might go there to visit him, but I love the idea of him playing at chess. Oh, and poker. And indeed he loves stories. I got way into his rough sides when I should have put a little more focus on his likes/dis-likes. Anyway, Nuala still has him tell her a story for bed from time to time. Just to hear his voice as she falls asleep.

That said, I'll write up a place for each activity and have Naula search them before going to the Merlin as a last check. Then hopfully we can play off each other when she finally finds Angus.

Not Jaxx's manor then, whoever it was that went to Avalon in Angus's place. Now by taking care of the manor, I meant pretty much just keeping it occupied. If the owner had a pet, Angus would be feeding it as well.

So we're all off to the Merlin then. NomDePlume, any time now would be a good time to introduce your character, Roland Reinhardt II.

Also (figured this should bare mentioning), real life references like Wyatt Earp, Colt, Andrew Jackson, etc. is fine, but they'll be different in the setting of the RP. For example (correct me if I'm wrong, rumxcoke), the maiden name of Nuala's mother, Rose, is Wesson, which is a family of notable Gunsmiths. Colt will have a similar story... as a matter of fact, I'm considering that the name of the Merlin who created the Caliburn Guns ought to be Samuel Colt, and all revolvers made by his descendants are based on the same design. So yay, we know what Caliburn Guns look like now. Colt revolvers that are different from the rest because they've been alloyed with the shards of Excalibur, which turns the metal of the gun... what would be a good colour? Something distinctive, or maybe they could just have some sort of marking on the grip, that might be better... anyways, you get the idea. Irl references ought to have different but similar reflections in the RP.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 03-03-2013 at 02:59 PM.

I like mercury and ivory. Or Ebony.

One can also, if you think it's fine, 'paint' designs on a Caliburn. Making it distinctive on top of it's natural change in metal.

Wesson- Yeah it's from SxW, the 'Smith and Wesson'. I thought that would add flare and credibility to Rose being a talented Gunsmith, before she fell in love with wool. I definitely understand the world is our Earth, yet on a different time/space/dimension that allows these things to exist. History is there, but it can/will be changed.

Exactly. It's pretty much alternative history / Arthurian legend / western / fantasy / ohmygodwhathaveIcreated.

I love it, I love it! I do that all the time with my stories. Never thought to do something like this before though, so I'm ecstatic!

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    Idon'tknow.

To be honest I hadn't thought it was set in an Earth alternate setting as most Arturian legend is deemed well- a legend. So I totally didn't ground Roland into any Earth-dynamics. I may try to integrate those during the RP so he isn't just roaming about all fantastical and what not.

Anyway- I guess I'll set up Merlin's workshop, and hopefully not mess it up too very much. And then just wait- wait for everyone to move that general direction.

It's got magic and there'll be unearthly beings featuring later on, so don't sweat it Nom. I was just saying that if you wanted to incorporate aspects of real life history, you can. Originally, I considered it a no-no, but I reckon things would be cooler this way.

First of all, sorry for any bad grammar or typos. I try my hardest and proof read my stuff but my laptops broke so I'm on my phone atm and will be for a long time. But anyways, I was thinking the merlin could help Landarin find a home. A piece of land would be bes. A little away from civilization. It doesn't need to have anything on it Landarin has some tricks up his sleves. Also, to clear things up, his hoard isn't just like gold and jewels, although there is a good bit there. A good portion of it is historical items and artifacts, many of them magical. Also, he has a library but its not very big. However, all the books in it are extremely old and rare.

And all on Avalon, yeah? Or is he getting his stuff moved to Camelot somehow? Maybe he's got someone hanging onto all his belongings til he finds a place to dump em. Anyways, just keep a writing, have your character say what he'll say to the Merlin and we'll see how things go from there. And don't worry about your grammar and spelling, it all seems fine to me.

It's all in avalon, hidden in his home and protected by magic.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I think you or nom should make the next post considering I dont know what the merlins shop looks like at all and it would be pointless to make a really short post on Landarin walking in.

So I have this post I want to put up, and I want to know what you think, I'll PM you.

I improved Nuala's profile. Has more flesh to it, easier to read. She was actually very first RP OC. So it was kind of put together funny. Hope her profile is enjoyable and brings some more depth to her.
    Last edited by rumxcoke; 03-04-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Very prudent, scarlightning. Should be all right for you to make a post now, though.

rumxcoke, good job, especially with the good, the bad and the ugly, lol. Haven't seen that movie in forever.

On the subject of magic, the ability to use it is a hereditary trait or directly bestowed upon by someone who knows how (like the Merlin). I won't go too deep into it right now considering that magic is always an obscure sort of thing, and it'd make sense for it to be especially obscure in this RP where it's not as prevalent as it used to be. All I can say is that it exists and might be quite important later on. Caliburn Guns are an example of magical items, on account of them being able to harm any being. Anyone a fan of Supernatural? It's like Sam and Dean's Colt, except the magic's just in the firearm, not the ammunition as well.

About the Goblin King and his army. No one knows who the Goblin King is or where he came from, but his army of goblins (think orcs from LOTR, which are also called goblins by J.R.R. Tolkien) are an ancient and barbaric race that have been around since before Camelot. They've never been a serious problem before as they're a subterranean race, highly superstitious and rarely visit the surface world, but they multiply like rabbits under the right conditions and can be a real terror despite their primitive technology and ways, as the Gunslingers in Avalon are currently finding out.