Login to your account

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OOC : Plot discussion, random ideas, world building and such

Sounds good to me! ^_^

My only thought: It doesn't have anything to do with what you just said, but I was wondering if you still wanted November to be Spring, since Britannia is in the Northern Hemisphere, where the Arthurian Myths took place... If you still want Spring in November, where on the globe is Avalon and Camelot? What I mean is, what continent/place surround Avalon/Camelot?

Woops, sorry, I'm Australian. I forgot that seasons worked differently up north. Uh, whatever the season would be for a November up there.

Fall it is then. Yay, I love colored leaves. ^_^

We should have it rain every now and then, make it feel like it's Fall...And also that it's in England. Lots of rain and dreary weather.
    Last edited by rumxcoke; 03-17-2013 at 09:43 PM.

There will be storms.

Yes! I love storms. Oh, I hope there will be thunder and lighting.

Very, very frightening me

(Ha ha ha! Bohemian Rhapsody.)

-I'm listening to 'Enter Sandman' by Metallica right now.
    Last edited by rumxcoke; 03-19-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Short thingo about Avalonians. Picture Amish people. There ya go.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 03-21-2013 at 11:51 AM.

So I see that Epic Faye's character has entered the fray. She's dressed as an American Indian, which is sure to strike a chord with John and Landarin, although she doesn't exactly look like one. Why she's sneaking about Camelot and leaping off rocks, perhaps we'll find out soon. Right now, I'm thinking that after whatever happens next, there's going to be trouble involving the refugees. Skills will be put to the test.

rumxcoke, if you take a look at The Wizard's Apprentice side story (just the latest post), you'll see that I'm... foreshadowing, I guess, Rose's involvement with the story. For now it's a hint, hint, nudge, nudge sort of thing, so let's talk about Rose before setting anything in stone.

Nom, I was thinking of sending Roland to Avalon before everyone else, but then I also had another idea. I'm a bit conflicted so PM or catch me on Skype. I wanna know your take on things.

So I forgot to update the rules section in the game overview. Just did it now and here it is:
    Now here's an actual rule: When the main story goes for a whole week without new posts, I make it fast forward a bit whilst keeping in mind what certain characters would do in certain situations, essentially making them NPC's until their owners tell me when they're ready to write again and make a post.
    I was also thinking of the same thing applying to characters in the main story. So if a character isn't in a side story, is involved with what's currently happening in the main story and goes a whole week without a new post, that character becomes an NPC until the owner bla bla bla. Of course, it wouldn't apply to characters that have been created but haven't appeared anywhere yet (looking at you cpteleon), so no one has to worry about me hijacking characters in that kind of a situation. Anyways, does this all sit okay with everyone?

Also, this is about the level of difference between a Caliburn Knight and other Gunslingers as it should be, and this was my inspiration for the whole dealy about rearmament in The Wizard's Apprentice, and this whole paragraph was just an excuse for me to show off videos that I find awesome.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 03-22-2013 at 05:14 PM.

So how's this for a theme for the RP?

Yellow one and all.

enkerzed, I finished reading all the characters and I think having the zombie thing as a minor epidemic would be better, considering there are a couple of other characters that are also from the southern U.S. or have visited. I'll probably refer back to it though, so it isn't an entirely useless backstory. Might bring up the dodging bullets thing again, since she'd have a problem with duels. Would it be a draw, if they ran out before someone died or would it just continue?

Meant to ask this before, are there any doctors around or are they kinda merged with the idea of mages/witches/whatnot. I know there was a split between healers the Arthurian period and the western doctors, but considering the mingling of the two I don't know. Anna is going to have next to no idea how to recover from that long without food. I figure that such a person would help with that and also direct her on herbs to consume at some point, unless the healer flat out uses magic.

Also, speaking mildly, you guys put a lot more effort into RP than I have experienced before, so forgive me if I fall short. I am trying out that Skype, though I am hating that my name is showing up.
    "Ew. Did you check to see what date this raw milk expires?"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."
    "It's the cream. The fat floats to the top."
    "Oh, I just thought it was Bridgid's backwash the first couple of times."
    "Wait, why didn't you say 'ew' when you thought that?"

Hm, that's all something I'll have to think about... and don't worry, you'll do fine here I reckon. Since you have Skype now, also remember to add me. My name on it is the same as over here. Welcome to the gang.

About vampires, they used to be quite a problem for the people of Camelot back in the days of old. Before guns, the only way to kill them was either by fire, decapitation and then incineration, or stabbing through the heart with a wooden object, which was quite difficult considering a vampire's nigh unmatchable strength and speed. Even with the creation and refinement of guns, the only effective method with firearms were incendiary rounds (whether magically enchanted or chemically engineered did not matter), the supply of which was limited by the number of Gunsmiths skilled enough to create them. The vampires being quick enough to dodge bullets was a problem too, and the fate of Camelot would have turned out quite grim were it not for the work of Samantha Colt.

As the Merlin of her time, only Samantha Colt had the skills and knowledge required to create the Caliburn Guns from the melted down remains of the legendary sword, Excalibur, without destroying its powerful enchantment. Samantha's detractors later sought to have her hanged for the perceived desecration of such a holy relic, but the king acknowledged the necessity of her actions and had personally approved the creation of the Caliburn Guns. In any case, these guns were given to as many Gunslingers in Camelot as possible and just like that, the tide had been turned in the battle for survival.

Indeed, once the Caliburn Guns had entered the fray, the situation quickly transformed from desperate survival to the brisk extermination of vampires, wherever they might have dared to claim dominance. So did the hunters become the hunted, and the golden, bloody age of vampires fell. The surviving vampires of that time who were once self-styled lords are now decrepit old beings, hiding in the dark shadows of the land and quivering at the hint of a Caliburn Knight's presence.

Though the vampires are not exactly extinct, they are few enough that they aren't as much of a problem as they used to be. On the frontier however, far from the light of civilization, their numbers are on the rise and they grow bolder with each generation as the number of Caliburn Guns continue to diminish over time, lost on old battlefields or failed quests in far away places. This is partly the reason why Caliburn Knights are strictly kept close to the capital, unless it is absolutely necessary for them to go abroad, such as now in the time of the war in Avalon.

Vampires are able to create other vampires by feeding their own blood to infectees, that is to say those who have already been bitten and not cured over a certain period of time (vampirism may be cured through healing magic). Those who drink a vampire's blood but aren't infected will merely become infected and only acquire the weaknesses of vampirism (allergy to sunlight, dependence on blood, no changes in rate of ageing) rather than its strengths (immortality, super speed and strength, growing razor sharp claws and fangs, the ability to fly, the ability to hypnotize, etc.), for as long as they remain in an underdeveloped state.

Becoming a vampire requires a regular amount of blood from the patron, who should be a full-blooded vampire and not merely another infectee. So long as full-blooded vampires feed on blood, they can live indefinitely and grow more powerful over time as they master their powers through practice. Possibly the most dangerous aspect of vampires is that they retain the intelligence they had as humans, which may be sharpened for as long as they live and learn, but without enough blood, they can age and lose their sanity (if they haven't already).

Vampires are also able to heal from any wounds by drinking blood, but not before then. Most are forced to live on animals, but blood from a living human being undeniably yields the best results. Additionally, although vampires may retain their intelligence, the same cannot be said for their sanity or emotional state. New full-bloods have trouble controlling their aggression, and older ones will feel nothing but malice towards anything for any reason. At the height of their power, they lived as decadently as possible. Now, they are far less 'civilized' and tend more towards savagery.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 04-02-2013 at 06:08 PM.

I thought you updated the vampires? How do they turn people?
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

Just updated it. Took a bit of time was all.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 04-02-2013 at 05:53 PM.

I heard this on "My Name is Earl" and wanted to share. Now, kiss my grits. :P
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

I'll post right after John/Landarin/Mitch is brought back from near-death, whoever is chosen.
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIM6N...D045A4DC921FE9

the part i like is just as i got to read the sentence of the house in the nightmare the song says "follow me"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."

About healers, aka Apostles. These are the devout Christians who seek to fulfill the duties entrusted by Jesus to the legendary Twelve Apostles. From mending flesh and bones, to easing a troubled mind and soul, or even exorcising malignant spirits, the healers of Arthuria are expected to do it all and the most experienced are virtually miracle workers, though there are only a few for among all professions in the land, being a healer is the most demanding.

Before Gunslinger and Gunsmiths, or even Camelot, healing was the sole province of wizards and witches, who were as likely to cure diseases as they were to cause them due to their early trial-and-error experiments. Healing has come a long way since then, but much remains the same. Unlike Gunslingers and Gunsmiths, the ability to use magic is mandatory for healers and the training is many times more intensive.

Training for healers takes place at special monasteries throughout Arthuria, of which there are only four currently still standing of the original twelve. Aspiring healers (known as acolytes) must complete a minimum of an entire decade of indoctrination and education before being recognized as an Apostle, to ensure that all are fully able to work independently and none may ever misuse their skills (rare but not unheard of).

What happens afterwards varies between monasteries, since each have their own way of doing things. For example, Apostles on the frontier seek to root out demons more than tending to illnesses, whereas Apostles in or near cities such as Camelot are more spiritual than physical healers.

Generally, freshly ordained Apostles are allowed to wander the land to offer their services and skills, and are expected to return to their monasteries one day to contribute new knowledge and train acolytes, or settle down elsewhere and establish a healing house, or perhaps a new monastery.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 05-29-2013 at 05:33 PM.