Login to your account

Thread: Nightclub Gang Wars

Cool Nightclub Gang Wars

Alright, alright... it might be a pretty lame-sounding idea for my first RP here (don't worry, that's not the title--just the description), but I'm saving all my good stuff for later, okay!?

No, really, I think this one has some potential (I did it once before, and it turned out pretty spiffy), but it would rely on having enough people interested to make two decent-sized groups so as not to leave anyone without groupies to interact with.

ANYWAY ----> The gist of it is this:

(cue dubstep music mix here) It centers around this rockin' nightclub in the middle of some big metro city. To the general public, it's just another fashionable celebrity-drawing hangout. But in reality, it's the main haunt and headquarters of a mafia-esque "underground" organization. And they're not the only big dog in the yard... there's another group in the same city, and they're constantly battling to claim turf.

Right, so, obviously that's a pretty general gist, but I wanted to leave it wide open for plotting. Obviously I've already got the one side sort of laid out in my head, but I'd need someone who'd be willing to claim the other side, for starters. They don't have to use a club front for a hideout, but you could, if you wanted. And not everyone has to be in one of the gangs, either... sometimes it can be interesting to throw in a bartender or bouncer who's just an employee and has no idea of the underhanded dealings that go on under their noses. xD

BUT ANYwho, that's all stuff for later plotting... first I need to know if anyone is down. Anyone at all? >.>

Unique but i'm juggling like 10 thousand RPs and I may join in the future.

Hmm... yeah, upon thinking about it, right now is probably the worst time to be trying to start something new, since everyone just got started in a bunch. Meh, oh well.

Doesn't mean it's not worth writing up and working on, though. :3

The plot sounds really interesting and fun to play. The only reason I've kept my mouth shut is I know I don't have time and don't want to wave the, "omg yey? I could play a gogo dancer maybe. Or maybe a waitress who is secretly an informant for the other side... Oh I dunno, a small role that I can dip in or out when I'm busy or not busy is what I'm looking for..." flag and then have to go, "haha, yeah, about that... My head is trying not to explode, so I'll join.... later....?"

That sort of rambling thing. :B
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Heh, I know that feeling, Maneki. No worries -- I'll put it on hold for now and focus on the RPs I've already joined.

...at least until I get totally bored one day when no one has posted and I need something to do. >.>; Then I'll probably get impatient and try to start it up anyway. xD

Sounds like a plan to me. 8D
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Hm...I like the idea. I can be on the opposite gang if you wish. Totally up to you!

Quote Originally Posted by ||TOXYC|| View Post
    Hm...I like the idea. I can be on the opposite gang if you wish. Totally up to you!
    Sweet! Definitely! All I really need is at least one person for the other side to start plotting with, and hopefully others will migrate this way too. :3
    Are you thinking of having a character who's in the midst of the gang leaders or just one of the crew? What I was planning on starting with was the niece of the boss on my side. He lets his son (her cousin) do a lot of the day-to-day running of things, so she'll end up being pretty involved too helping him out.

ooohh! an idea that I didn't just scan certain words.. I just scanned full sentences. which is a step up for me.

But what type of stuff where you planning for it? It seems like an interesting idea and would be a different from what I normally rp so I could take up a minor role if wanted otherwise I could just be an innocent bystander who sells information to both sides and is only in it for the money.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

I have a character in mind that is in the midst of being in the gang. He's not one of the top leaders, but he is a made man...kinda like a Capo. What were your ideas for the plot?

Plot ideas are very rough and underdeveloped right now, but that's why I started here... scheming. xD My original idea was just for the club--like just a hang-out where people could have their characters come and go without any particular driving plot. Sort of just to see where that would go. But then I got the idea of merging that idea with that gang RP that I did awhile ago, and that seemed like way much fun, but I haven't completely sorted out the actual driving plot still. ^_^;;

A starting point I had was this -- my side run the nightclub, and they thrive on that image. Only people who are in the right circles know what it really stands for, and the rest of the public is oblivious. The people that do know are either totally into the idea or totally terrified of the group, so there has been no threat to them so far. But the other side is getting particularly irritated for some reason (because they flaunt their notoriety? they outbid them on some big foreign drug trade?) and have started doing little things to bring negative attention to the club... maybe even the law enforcement is starting to take notice, and it's starting to put a strain on the club, which the gang certainly isn't going to let slide.

Lest I start rambling, I'll leave it with that until the rest of my thoughts gel into something more cohesive. :} Thoughts? Additions? Suggestions?

Keep rambling is my suggestion. Rambling is the best way to get a plot and setting and such.

True... but that only works if your thoughts are cohesive enough to put into words. xD Also, I'm not sure of how far to take some things. That other gang RP I did that was so fun was also pretty dark... very raunchy and/or bloody sometimes. Obviously I could make this an Adult RP, but I also think the pool of people that I played with on the other site was more into that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie Styx View Post
    Plot ideas are very rough and underdeveloped right now, but that's why I started here... scheming. xD My original idea was just for the club--like just a hang-out where people could have their characters come and go without any particular driving plot. Sort of just to see where that would go. But then I got the idea of merging that idea with that gang RP that I did awhile ago, and that seemed like way much fun, but I haven't completely sorted out the actual driving plot still. ^_^;;

A starting point I had was this -- my side run the nightclub, and they thrive on that image. Only people who are in the right circles know what it really stands for, and the rest of the public is oblivious. The people that do know are either totally into the idea or totally terrified of the group, so there has been no threat to them so far. But the other side is getting particularly irritated for some reason (because they flaunt their notoriety? they outbid them on some big foreign drug trade?) and have started doing little things to bring negative attention to the club... maybe even the law enforcement is starting to take notice, and it's starting to put a strain on the club, which the gang certainly isn't going to let slide.

Lest I start rambling, I'll leave it with that until the rest of my thoughts gel into something more cohesive. :} Thoughts? Additions? Suggestions?
    I like it We can start with a peace treaty for a while until something big happens. Don't have a clue what that would be tho. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie Styx View Post
    True... but that only works if your thoughts are cohesive enough to put into words. xD
    Haha! xD Epicly true.

I like adult dark rps... they are fun and I don't have to worry about offending anyone if I swear or try to rape their character in a thought out plot. I would say what ya have is a good start.

Yes dark is uber cool

Haha, well, okay then! Now the question is, are there too many new RPs going right now to get this one started? :/ Or is that silly? Maybe I should just get things going and not worry about having the right timing to draw in enough people?

...do I think too much? >.>

Oh! Also, I wanted to see if special characters would show up on this site... Ͽ || Λ testing one two three!
    Last edited by Nixie Styx; 07-02-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Lol I don't think it's silly. It would give more variety of choices in the games that we have so far. =P

And I didn't see the first symbol my computer, but I can on my iPod. The others work fine

thinking too much i would say... doesn't seem like too many new rps coming on right now so it might be a good time. Besides as long as it's active it'll draw people in I think. If that fails then inviting from the character pool works.

Ah, yes... I forget about the character pool. Well, alright! Hopefully I'll have some time later tonight to get it started, otherwise I might have to wait until the beginning of the week. Busy Independence Day weekend I've got going. :}