Login to your account

Thread: General Forum Suggestions:

General Forum Suggestions:

Private Messaging is limited due to the fact of like 50 stored messages(counting a saved copy of your sent and inbox of those you have received). I hope you don't have to pay for messaging space but I think we need like storage for like 1000-2000 messages max.

I'm too tired so I forgot my second one but i'll eventually see what I think needs fixing and see that I post em here.

Perhaps 50 is a bit small and I'll look into changing that to something a little more reasonable. But 1000-2000 seems quite a lot high for me. It causes a load on our servers, which are already shared with another site (which is the reason during peak hours we seem to have a few problems with loading).
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    Perhaps 50 is a bit small and I'll look into changing that to something a little more reasonable. But 1000-2000 seems quite a lot high for me. It causes a load on our servers, which are already shared with another site (which is the reason during peak hours we seem to have a few problems with loading).
    I went with the numbers as those as 1000 is the general max for some sites. I think Gaiaonline has an inbox of that size and Soliaonline has about half of that.

Actually, I'll take it back. I went to see how many Menewsha had for its members. The number I remembered was 500, but it was actually 5,000, so I've set that as the limit here.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Thank you, Neko.

You're my favorite Admin-Moderator Thing. I say thing because you're an odd species of cat. :P

haha. xD Sounds good to me. xD

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to see how many PMs you could have as a member. I'm glad I also thought to look at Moderators, as it would have been such a shock for someone to get promoted to Moderator and see their inbox size drop from 5k to 150 messages. >____>;
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

@Neko: I can just see their reaction.

"Woo! Moderator!" *checks mailbox* "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"