Login to your account

Thread: Hello.

Hello.

Well, I made an account a few days ago but didn't do much. (And because it was really empty and I didn't feel like being one of the first ones to post anything) So yeah.
    Seems like a pretty cool website, though still kind of confused as to where exactly everything is. xD

My name is actually Nhi, but I got 'Shara' from Rune factory 3, which is a pretty awesome game.
    I am almost 15 years old and I live in the state right above Texas.
    I like reading when I have time and drawing when I don't feel so lazy. Which is rare.

I've been role playing for about a year or so, but I haven't been in any long term RP's.
    I'll do most genres except horror and historical. Horror, because it just creeps me out and historical because I don't know that much about history.

....Soo...yeah.
    . U .;

Welcome to the forum. *pulls out bag of cookies* Grab one OR ELSE.

Why thank you.
    -Grabs a hand full of cookies-
    o U o

You're in Oklahoma... I'm in Texas! It's almost like you're sitting on my head! ;D

...>.>; Yeah, I dunno. But welcome!! Do some clicking around, and you'll get the hang of where things are located. And everyone is super-friendly, so questions are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie Styx View Post
    You're in Oklahoma... I'm in Texas! It's almost like you're sitting on my head! ;D
    Can I sit on your head too?! MAKE ROOM, NEWBIE.

...>.>; Yeah, I dunno. But welcome!! Do some clicking around, and you'll get the hang of where things are located. And everyone is super-friendly, so questions are always welcome.
    Thanks!
    I've been doing that and I think I know where everything is. It's...still kind of empty here though.

Current Obsession(s):
    Getting back to Role playing!

Quote Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
    Can I sit on your head too?! MAKE ROOM, NEWBIE.
    Omigosh, I'mma need a bigger hat or somethin'... O_O;

Quote Originally Posted by Shara View Post
    Thanks!
    I've been doing that and I think I know where everything is. It's...still kind of empty here though.
    Yeah, everyone here is still pretty new, so I think we're all getting into the swing of things. xD

Omigosh, I'mma need a bigger hat or somethin'... O_O;
    It's ok. Skinny kid doesn't take up that much room.

AHEM. I was on his head first. > O >

And yeah, I see that. It helps makes me feel less like a newb.

Current Obsession(s):

AHEM. I believe it's a she.

Once it gets full and we start getting some moderators is when the real fun begins. Of course I hope mod selection won't be too harsh especially since it's 18+ but I know sites hire any age as long as they show they can handle the job.

AHEM. I didn't noticed that. xD

Hmm...It seems like that will take a while though. D:
    Did you want to be one?

Current Obsession(s):

AHEM. Ahem?

I'm just saying that as this forum grows larger is when they're going to start hiring. Normally when you see mods is when the community is big enough to need it. I'm guessing 500 or more is when we will get mods. Not 500 registered but active as one time.

*GASP!* Did I just get called male...? OMG DO I TYPE LIKE A MAN?! *weeps*

Moderators scare me. I've had bad past experiences. :|

@Nixie: Once we get mods is probably when the community will be alot serious and I expect it to happen. I expect people who RPed alot will RP very little and deal with their mod duties while trying to still RP if anything.

And it's ok. Free hugs for you. *opens arms up for you to hug me* Though you gotta hug me first to initiate the offer.

AH-cough-. Enough of that. xD

@:Nixie: Sorry, I glanced at your avatar pic and thought it was a male. xD Just saw your profile one, and yeah...sorry. xD

@APB: Hmm...I guess so. Still, we're going to have to wait since it is so empty right now and most people make an account and forget about it. xD

Current Obsession(s):

I'm a moderator. ;_; Sort of? I'm not too scary, am I? D:

Don't worry, anyone I take on (eventually - I won't start looking until mid-August or when I can no longer handle things myself - whichever comes second) is going to be intended to be as easy-going as I try to be. xD A "hey, knock it off" or so followed by a, "Dude, maybe an infraction will make you see I'm serious?" That sort of thing. WTF RPG is meant to be a place to hang out and have fun and as long as adult stuff is kept in adult places and illegal things aren't posted at all, I'm a happy turtle. :3

Anyhoo! Welcome to the site, Gentleman Pichu! I mean Shara. :3 Rune Factory is such a great series. :3 Of course, I only speak from experience of the first game. >_> I want to beat that before playing the next one. :3

If you have any questions, many of the users here are active enough they know the site nearly as well as I do (and I've been beta-testing it for several months now xD) and of course, I don't bite if you had something to ask that they weren't able to answer before I see it. :3

Welcome, welcome. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
    And it's ok. Free hugs for you. *opens arms up for you to hug me* Though you gotta hug me first to initiate the offer.
    *lipquiversnifflehug*

Quote Originally Posted by Shara View Post
    @:Nixie: Sorry, I glanced at your avatar pic and thought it was a male. xD Just saw your profile one, and yeah...sorry. xD
    o_O Now that you mention it, I can see how that assumption could be made at a glance. I'll be off, then, to go search for a girlier avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    Nuuu, you aren't scary! c: I'm talking about the kind of moderators who are all, "Hem-hem, you distinctly said bewbies in your non-adult-rated RP. Good luck logging in for the next three weeks." *BAN*

Don't worry, anyone I take on (eventually - I won't start looking until mid-August or when I can no longer handle things myself - whichever comes second) is going to be intended to be as easy-going as I try to be. xD A "hey, knock it off" or so followed by a, "Dude, maybe an infraction will make you see I'm serious?" That sort of thing. WTF RPG is meant to be a place to hang out and have fun and as long as adult stuff is kept in adult places and illegal things aren't posted at all, I'm a happy turtle. :3
    I'm not going to say the requirements for becoming a mod is bad. It just limits who is going to be chosen. I mean...yeah you have the general adult stuff but you should also open it to younger as well as long as they can prove they can uphold their duties. You should at least trial moderators of all ages instead of just 18+ to moderate the adult sections. I'm not saying have the younger moderators moderate the adult sections but select parts of the forum such as perhaps the Welcome Center or something of that sort. Split the mod duties.

Sorry for going on about this but i've just held high positions on forums prior to this and just saying my mind of what would make this better and more open for users.
    Last edited by APBCole; 06-23-2011 at 12:17 AM.

@Neko: Happy turtle!
    Thanks. I picked it up randomly at the game store, and was like, "This looks like a fun game!"
    They should really put warning labels or something on games that are extremely addictive because I actually ended up playing the game for about six hours straight! e _ e;
    I haven't played any other Rune Factory games or Harvest Moon? (Since it's suppose to be like those games or something?)

And I'm think I'm good. I'm just sort of waiting for more people to come. I'm too lazy to start any threads of my own. xDD

Nixie: Yeah, sorry again. I was like: "Short hair = boy" xD

Current Obsession(s):

APBCole - Perhaps. I'd have to think about it. The most I'd really be comfortable with is letting someone under the age of 18 join a "welcome wagon" type group, but they wouldn't have moderator permissions because it would make them be able to see 18+ content. And that's just not responsible to tell them to cover their eyes. :P

Shara - I like being a happy turtle much more than a sad panda. xD

LOL. Yeah! I know what you mean about warning labels for addiction. xD I play when I ought to be sleeping, sometimes. xD;
    The first Rune Factory was cute, but I don't know how it stacks up to 2 or 3 (they could very well be way more fun to play). xD Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar should be easy enough to pick up since it's meant to be one of the "easier" of the newer DS Harvest Moon games. I really like it, but I think I've already bought all the expansions you can have and I'm only into year two. (Soon I'll go seriously courting a boy!) Sunshine Islands is my second favorite of the newer ones, but it'll suck away hours and hours of your life because of all the things you need to do to unlock this or that. xD Harvest Moon DS or DS Cute is the one I'd recommend third, which can be as time consuming depending on what you're interested in unlocking. There's no major "storyline" to fulfill in that one, that I remember. :3 Looking forward to Twin Villages. >3<! Only DS/DS Cute really have a battle system similar to the one from Rune Factory. I don't recall fighting anything in Sunshine Islands and I know you don't in Grand Bazaar. :3

Understandable. Did you look at the Roleplaying tab at the top to see the games there? Or does none of the stories there really grab you? :3 The roleplaying forums are, as you say, kind of dead right now. xD But I know at least one of the games in the tab is around 1,000 posts by now. xD (It was over 800 posts last I looked, but they work fast. xD; )
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

APBCole - Perhaps. I'd have to think about it. The most I'd really be comfortable with is letting someone under the age of 18 join a "welcome wagon" type group, but they wouldn't have moderator permissions because it would make them be able to see 18+ content. And that's just not responsible to tell them to cover their eyes. :P
    You should be able to fix it so certain moderators can only moderate specific sections of the board. I know boards have this feature. They wouldn't be able to see anything else/moderate anything else except the forum section which they have been chosen to moderate.(Note: They'll be normal users on other sections and mods on specific ones.)

It's possible to make sure they don't get access to it. Just make a separate moderator permissions group without the access to the adults sections. And then once they hit age transfer them to the one with access to the adult one. You should have choice boxes or something which show what ones they can see(moderate) and see that you uncheck or whatever.

Welcome!
    I love Pokemon dressed as gentlemen~!
    You seem like you can handle the madness, so you'll fit right in!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Neko: I played around 1 - 2 am under my blanket so my parents wouldn't yell at me. xD

I think I'll buy a Harvest Moon game right after I marry all the girls. Sounds like they're fun, and good video games are the ones that waste most hours of your life. I'll stick to the ones that have fighting though, since fighting is always fun, as long as it's not bloody.
    Rune Factory 3 had fighting and it was pretty fun. You can fight as a monster too since the main character is half monster and you can transform into a golden wooly. The storyline kind was...simple, but it was still really fun. xD

Yeah...I looked at the games and this was basically my reaction:
    "Hey this looks fun! *Looks at post count, which is 0"
    "ಠ_ಠ"

So yeah, maybe later~
    xD

Schizophrenic: Thanks a lot!

Current Obsession(s):

I remember those days. xD I used to get into trouble in middle school and high school not for doing things like coming in after curfew, but for staying up reading or on the computer past 'bedtime'. >_>; I think I spent most of my middle/high school years living on 6 hours of sleep a night. :x

Naw. xD Wooly. <3
    I didn't mind the fighting in Rune Factory too much, but didn't like it as much in the mines in DS/DS Cute. But it should be very cheap to find since it was the first Harvest Moon game on DS. The monsters aren't as much fun as the ones in Rune Factory, though. :B They're mostly bugs and dark versions of other animals in the game (chickens, for example).

Aw - that's not as much fun! But if everyone sits around and waits for action to start in a game they're interested in, a game host may not know that someone is interested and give up. xD; You should at least post in their OOC thread to say that you're interested but hoping for more players before you want to commit.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I remember those days. xD I used to get into trouble in middle school and high school not for doing things like coming in after curfew, but for staying up reading or on the computer past 'bedtime'. >_>; I think I spent most of my middle/high school years living on 6 hours of sleep a night. :x
    When I was still in high school I had the same issue. I wouldn't sleep until 3. It started out with my mother taking away my keyboard... which then I would pull up the onscreen... and then escalated to the whole screen being removed as well. ;_; Oh what a sad time in my life that was.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

@Neko: The monsters in RF 3 aren't exactly scary either. There are chickens, cows and squirrels!!
    Buuut, in the game you get to befriend some monsters and keep them in your barn, and some of them give you items. Like, a chicken gives you eggs. xDD

And you're right about posting in the OOC thread! I should probably do that...

Current Obsession(s):

They probably recycled a lot of the monsters from the first Rune Factory, then. :3 I should really get to playing them, though right now I'm playing Monster Rancher, which is somewhere between Harvest Moon and Pokemon, I suppose. xD (Though not as involved as either. Perhaps it's more like the battling section of Pokemon and the training part of the Princess Maker game.... :' )
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin