Login to your account

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: ʜᴀʟ ❖ ᴄʏᴏn ; ooc

Clumsy Apprentice ChainsawLover's Avatar
    Why are you still awake? Are you a vampire or something?! LOL
    Thanks by the way. Skylar's rather disconnected with the others at the moment. My bad for posting late. Anyway I'll make her interact more with them later on.
    Can't wait to learn about the missions lol

“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.”
    ― William Shakespeare

Haha, I... I don't know why I decided to stay up... lol. But I'm so much more productive and... efficient at this hour than I am when I should be. ;_____;

Plus, I decided to keep you company! Haha. <3

Ah, the power of time zone differences, haha. Well, don't worry too much about forcing yourself to post earlier (if it is inconvenient). There will be better opportunities to interact with other characters during the missions (smaller groups, less chaotic, haha). :D

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

OMG such a night creature you are. I would be half-dead if I had to stay up til that late.

Yes you're right. The gap between you guys and my time zones is pretty big. So basically, I get surprises every morning.

“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.”
    ― William Shakespeare

It's almost 6AM for me... but I'm not tired at all. I think I got over the "need to sleep" phase and I'm just in the "might as well carry on" phase... lolol.

Haha, I've noticed. I'm not sure the pacing of the RP (post-introduction, because I am trying to rush the introductions... don't want to spend forever lingering in the conference room, haha), but if you find the pacing of the missions to be difficult to manage, please let me know!

I'll make sure that, whichever team you're on, will give you time to respond and actively participate, etc. I just don't want you to feel left out or something. ):

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

After a lot of thought (and quite a bit of research), I've decided to re-tag the game. :/

I know it doesn't really matter since... the game has already started and I don't think anyone really pays attention to the tags anyway, ha... But, since I'm up and available, I thought I should go around cleaning things up! (:

In any case, I settled on the following tags: Action / Urban Fantasy.

My reasoning? Halcyon is, without a shred of doubt, an action-based story. This was never a contested point. "Urban Fantasy" came about after poking my head around the net for a good generalization of what Halcyon is. I had debated whether or not I should even keep a "fantasy" tag because the only "fantasy" element of the game is the abilities. And, later on, it might not even be truly fantasy.

I removed the "mystery" tag because the game, despite having highlights and occasional focus on secrecy in the plot, it isn't a primary point.

Essentially, I took out the "side" genres and kept the most important(?) ones on display, haha.

But if anyone knows any better genres to describe Halcyon—let me know? I'm balls at labeling things.

Last edited by joonsexual; 03-02-2013 at 02:17 PM.

TUMBLR.

To answer the possible question: yes, there is a pocket of time between Maalik entering the room and Wen's (last) post. I'll say that it's roughly 15 minutes between Wen's question and Maalik's entrance.

Additionally, with the introduction of Maalik, we can... almost start the missions. I'll let everyone post through until tomorrow evening-ish and then I'll bring in the agent (NPC) to debrief everyone. (:

TUMBLR.

i have a question. why do the missions keep popping up in the first scene and then disappear?

.....???

The missions should be locked. You can see the location, but the posts themselves should be hidden???

In any case, don't worry about them? Haha, they'll be revealed in due time..??

In the meanwhile, I'm going to head out for lunch-ish. So, I'll be back... when I'm done. Haha.

TUMBLR.

A Shining Example Sweetsunnyrain's Avatar

Q u Q So many posts omg
    -goes to read-
    I'll reply soon~ ; o ;

I like Locke so much LOL
    Good summary of nicknames/titles, A Simple Sigh
    *laughs at that post*

And MMO's post made me feel so young xD
    Last edited by ChainsawLover; 03-02-2013 at 07:49 PM.

― William Shakespeare

Clumsy Apprentice A Simple Sigh's Avatar
    I try~
    I'm glad you like Locke. He's a challenge for me to play.

; v ; I love all the characters, hnngh

Haha, sorry to have bombarded you with the posts. ^____^;

I was debating, for a while, when I should advance the scene and... I thought I'd just... shuffle things along a little.

TUMBLR.

another observation. The onlhy girls are the rookies. and does anyone wanna plot together? I'm in the mood for plotting

I don't know if I have ever made any mention of this in the overview or the indexes... or the ooc, but... the agency is a primarily male-dominated organization. So, the ratio of female to male (1:3) is actually fairly accurate. ;D

And I'm back from dinner... I slept too much today (side effect of staying up all night) and did nothing productive. But, agh.... boiling crab. * w*

TUMBLR.

I just found it funny that the rookies were the only girls, not that there were only 2 girls.

And i posted because we seem kinda dead today.

SCENE SET-UP / DIRECTIONS

SETTING: REFER TO RESPECTIVE MISSIONS
    DATE / TIME: REFER TO RESPECTIVE MISSIONS
    WEATHER / SEASON: REFER TO RESPECTIVE MISSIONS
    WHO IS IN THIS SCENE: SPLIT SCENES

It is four days after the debriefing and the agents have already been split into two teams. For further information concerning the missions, please refer to the specific mission location.

You guys BEGIN at the location given. Agent Acaelus Trusz Muir and Agent Maktub Maalik will be taking lead on their respective mission locations.

Feel free to control all minor villain-NPCs when you need them. I will, mainly, control the pictured-villains.

Last edited by joonsexual; 03-04-2013 at 11:48 PM.

TUMBLR.

LOL the groups have changed?

― William Shakespeare

Nooooooo!! haha..

No, they haven't! That was a mistake on my part! Haha. ;______;

TUMBLR.

So fired up for the mission! I'll post tomorrow as my energy's already been drained away by the (evil) assignments.
    Gotta jump into bed before blacking out in front of the laptop.

― William Shakespeare

Haha, alright! And I'm excited for this too! ;DD

TUMBLR.

Hnnngrh, I'll try and post soon! C:

Haha, yay! ;D

I'll think about my posts... lol. And write them when I'm done thinking about them, haha...

I'm having a lazy day. ._______.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

“If you insist Mister Grey, but I assure you- your waistline is not thanking you with these extra cans of tuna.”
    OH GOSH. I can't, hahaha. Stop it. My heart is dying from lack of oxygen. LOLOL. ;______;

TUMBLR.

Haha our team is more active! Well, at the moment.
    Last edited by ChainsawLover; 03-05-2013 at 06:02 PM.

― William Shakespeare

Haha... if this was a race... we'd be winning, lolol.

If this was a race.... We should have a mission, later on, where it is a race to finish first.... a race against time, maybe. Hmm... what do you guys thinks? A mission where we have to complete it in a week or two weeks (real life) and if we don't, we fail the assignment??

Also, MMO, the degree classification should be "angelic," not "heavenly." There's a specific reasoning behind the labels, but we'll get into that at a later point in the story, haha...

TUMBLR.

ohk i'll edit. i'm doing it on my ipad and couldn't easily get to the other tab.

Thanks. ;D

Also, in Maalik's post, if we keep walking straight, we are going to meet up with three people. I haven't identified them as being gang members and their identity is entirely up to the person who choses to meet with them first (so, whoever writes about them gets to decide who or what they are, haha).

You guys ARE free to control minor gang members (there are a total of seventeen of them, not including Markus Errol) and to initiate encounters without asking me or anything. You just can't control Markus (I will introduce him at a seemingly appropriate time).

So, don't be shy to start things in the mission. The same goes for the other team. You guys can control any minor gang members you guys like or need to. You just cannot control Candy Pops, Jake Reynolds, or T.K. Bonds.

TUMBLR.

p u p I need to figure out what to post, ahaha...

Haha, yeah... the sudden switch in scenery (with a lack of scene-setup) might be a bit jarring.

I think, next time, I might have a post where the NPC describes the setting a little more thoroughly so that... you guys have more things to work with? Haha...

TUMBLR.

I have a question. Is it possible for two people to sort of... mix their abilities? Or um... How to explain... Okay example: If I were to have Acaelus bring up that Masami could use her ability to bring on a fog and then he could sort of add to the ability by using small illusions in the fog to draw attention away from themselves? I don't know if that sounds dumb or not. But yeah... Um. Just wondering xD

Also I'm making up a post right now! Sorry for not having something up sooner. I know that Acaelus is sort of the leader of our group.

'shut up and listen and feel something'

I think that the two week time frame assignment thing would be a cool thing to do.