I want to start this thread in the OOC section, but I don't know if I should. It seems kind of pointless, but somewhere in the back of my mind, it seems like it could be fun. I don't know... ha. Maybe I just want an excuse to talk about myself, lol.

HI. MY NAME IS...

I know.

We have another thread almost identical in concept to this one that's also on the front page (and thus, theoretically, completely accesible to everyone). But before you burn me at the stake, let me explain:

I wanted to create a thread that didn't really ask big questions or relied on some central character to offer daily prompts. I also wanted to create a fresh space for people to share with the forum a little bit of themselves. In essence, I'm creating a thread that emulates the introduction sub-section, but minus the usual awkward that coats every intro thread.

I want to know what are our member's favorite bands, go-to comfort food, and ideal vacation spots. I wanted a place where we could share ourselves without feeling judged for the things we like or the things we don't like. And, in general, I just wanted to be a bit more connected with the community.

The thing is, this thread doesn't really raise questions, which means I'm depending on everyone to contribute and say things. So tell us about your day, let us know that you loved the movie so-and-so, and don't be shy to share your passion for whatever it is that you have passion for.

Note: For a bit of fun, we can always pretend to write/speak as if we were in one of those meet-and-greet conventions. I guess we can treat this sort of like a loose role-play, but it's not mandatory. It's just how I envision this thread when I picture it, ha.

I guess I'll start.

Hi, you can call me Jing. I'm twenty-something awesome, I'm female and I love fashion, make-up, and all things generic of a girl. I like pretty boys. I love blonde hair, beautiful smiles, and strong jaw lines. I can speak three different languages with varying degrees of fluency. I actually know four, but I can't speak the last one (so we'll pretend like it doesn't matter). I love traveling. I want to teach. And my favorite color of the moment is: teal.

Also, my day has just started, but it's already beautiful.