Login to your account

Thread: Hello, I like to Lurk in corners!!

Red face Hello, I like to Lurk in corners!!

I'm nari.
    I'm new here.
    Please treat me kindly
    I like to RP but I always seem to have the worst luck in joining. I'm hoping this place will be different.

*sees you in that corner and tries to lure you out with cookies*

Hello and welcome! It's a small community so it shouldn't be very intimidating. You'll know just about everyone in no time and that should help with the joining! Or check out some one-on-one action to get the nerve up.

So glad you're here!
    "I know we'll imprint Whiskey with the Tenth Doctor!"
    "And then my brain will implode."
    "Yes, but we will have saved the world."

*peeks out from behind large object and takes cookie*
    Thank you!
    Indeed the more I look around the more intriging this place seems.

Welcome to WTF RPG, Naristar. :3

It's as Scriblette says - we're a smaller community at the moment, but with a lot of very interesting games and friendly and creative (so far active) people. :3 Hopefully something will grab your attention soon. If you're like me, there will be so many games you like the looks of it'd be hard to choose. xD

If you have any questions, don't be shy about asking. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Hello Hello! I see you have come from the very busy land of Gaia (judging from your avatar.) but we assure you it's a much easier process to join and get involved in a RP here. We have many new ways to create, save, store, use your character and even more advances in the creation of role play games so please exploit everything we have to offer!! [/jumps around]

If you have any questions, don't be shy about asking. :3
    I second that! We all like to work together to help all new comers and each other (trust me I ask my fair share of questions.) with anything we can.

*sees you in that corner and tries to lure you out with cookies*
    We also do have an overwhelming supply of cookies, I'm sure as you look around you will notice they appear almost... everywhere...
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Here's a question, How do journal entries effect the games?

The effects of Journal Entries/Log Books/ect...
    Not only are they a great way to add depth to your character but they can be quite useful in storing information. All of it is in character, giving your character or storyline a more authentic feel. Not everyone has to use them, it's just in certain cases it's been used to maybe give more insight on a characters inner workings and what not.

I for one love this feature, this site has given us great new ways to keep track of characters, story lines and information in clear and easy to find ways so to me this is just another feature that adds even more depth to role playing.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

It depends on the game how they "could" be used.

Some might specify that if it doesn't happen in the Game World, it doesn't "really happen", so journals may be "just for fun" and others may highly encourage players to use the journals and if they make one, then it's considered a real, physical object that other characters can find and read. So you may want to ask your game host about it.

You're able to use them for anything "in character" (which means you could also keep track of IC things without typing IC).

So far, it seems as if people use them mainly for a character's observations on what's going on in-game. (Even if they don't actually have the time or resources in-game to write in a journal, that's not really the point. xD) As Schizophrenic said, it gives players a chance to get to know their character better and define how they think and any personality quirks they might have. :3 This is especially useful if your character hasn't had an opportunity to play much yet or is at a point where you're waiting for someone else to post but want to still feel involved in the game.

Others use them for keeping track of things like who was granted permission for this or that or keeping track of money earned/spent in-game. It keeps all players on the same page and makes it easier for them to keep track of information. I suppose "technically" I should be encouraging people to make those threads in the OOC tab, but people using them this way so far seem to be straddling the line between "IC" and "OOC" and in the end, even if it were totally OOC, I would understand why they were put there and it wouldn't bother me. xD It's their game, not mine, after all.

But they can be used in other ways - like a chat room between two characters, or a series of letters between characters, or a place for characters to write letters/emails/formal documents and send them to Santa (or whomever). :3 The possibilities are really limited only to your imagination. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin