Login to your account

Thread: Graduation Day

The children... I suppose I shouldn't be calling them that anymore, they're all young adults now. Well in any case, they don't know it yet, but today is their last day of training. It's a day that I've both hoped for and dreaded in equal measure. They're finally ready to pick up where Archer left off, but - and I know this is going to sound silly coming from me of all people - I worry about the dangers they will face out there in the real world. They've had the best of training from the best of people, but they are still so young. Once the other instructors go off into retirement, I'll be the only one left to watch out and care for the kids. It... scares me, but I suppose that the way things are is the way they have to be. I'll be showing them Archer's last video soon. Don't know how they'll react to learning that he's been dead all along, but once that's done, I'll have to give them their new identities and send them out of the nest right away. Not forever of course, but it still feels like saying goodbye in a way. I can only hope that they're ready for their first assignment, the one that got away from Archer before he got sick. To think that no one's managed to catch the bastard yet... well that's going to change real soon.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 12-30-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Last edited by enkerzed; 12-17-2012 at 02:01 PM.