Login to your account

Thread: •【 FATUM 】 ◂— (inviteonly)

•【 FATUM 】 ◂— (inviteonly)

My bad, I thought we didn't need to plot, but whatever.

This is what I want: a steam-infused world, magical proponents, fantastical sky pirates, sexy bounty hunters, and a mythical treasure hunt.

I also sort of want this to have a backdrop of war (some sort of political tension). I was thinking that there were four noble houses, an inevitable power struggle, and then the eventual power displacement. Story can begin with one house already having taken over another house (thus making this particular house the strongest) and the remaining two grappling at straws to refuse defeat? Something like that? Have the game begin at a peace summit/attempt a peace conference? Something like that?

Also, this is invite-only. At the moment, I guess this just means Josie and the loser, lol.

Last edited by joonsexual; 12-27-2012 at 05:50 AM.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

in terms of magic, let's not go with the typical: water/fire/earth stuff. i think we should do something that reaches back to rpg roots. we can use the distinctions that square created.

are we going for a lighter version of anathema? or are we doing something completely different? i also really want to play twins.

and, #1 badamir in na. rofl. get carried, fool.

LMAO

I will have you know that I am the best! OK? THE BEST! A++++++++
    (ugh, let's play again. i want to be 30 already, brah. carrrryyyyy meeeeeee).

But, yeah, that looks awesome. And, I think we're going to do something like: There's a peace summit being held, but it's really just a formality. War is unavoidable.

Like, the powerful house (the one that disturbed the balance) decides that they will submit to talks, but that's only because they want to showboat a little and the remaining two nations are also fully aware of this. I kind of want to revive Maktub (you know, the clairvoyant) and have him sided with the powerful nation. Sort of... like Archon... haha.

But, in the middle of this, there's got to be some sort of event that triggers. Like, there's war, but there's also something else and that something else ... matters, haha. I don't really want this to be all about a war... I mean, maybe we can divide it into chapters? Like... the war is happening in one instance, but in a smaller, local level, there's something else?? Do I make sense?? Haha.

TUMBLR.

I like the idea with the classes. And, if we're planning on limiting the availability of classes, here are my suggestions:

Warriors/Knights
    Dragoon/Dragon Knights
    Black Knights
    White Knights

I think all of the knights, including the black knights, should be under the service of royalty. Like, in general, warriors exist, but if you work for the Crown, you're "knighted." Does that make sense? I just feel that if we're going to be using the war as a story, we should make it sort of clear?

I definitely want some sort of tension between the regular folks and the imperial lackey. I just imagine Knights being more arrogant (since they'll be a status difference, I think. I might be going too medieval with this whole thing).

Warriors
    Monks
    Thieves
    Rangers

These are just regular people- bounty hunters and the likes. I'd imagine that there would be some pirates thrown into the mix as well.

Black Mage
    White Mage
    Blue Mage
    Summoner
    Bard

Magic classes. We should definitely involve summoners. I don't know how you guys might want to mix and match everything, but these are the classes that I'm thinking would be, you know, relevant. Story-wise, I don't mind the backdrop of war. I think having war is a nice cover (lol, look at us, already trying to do an easy cop-out for possible holes).

I also like the idea of bringing in LoF/FH into the story.

We can make it where the two stories converge at a point (Team A is searching for some sort of long-lost treasure, stumbles across a rather relevant object instead. Team B, the one involved with the war, gets wind of this and sends out their dogs to recon, etc, etc, etc).

Also, for setting, how are we going to do that? And how many characters (roughly) per person? I'm thinking that, for this kind of a story, we're already looking at 5-6 characters per person, which is sort of rough, lol.

why the hell are we talking about this? you're at my apt and we're on this site. lol. gg.

Haha, can't help with that!
    There's nothing to do here ;C

Where are you Sophiiiaaaaaaaaa? DOKO? DOKO DESUKA?!!!??! lawlz.

But yeah, idk, we should do something...

let's get dinner. and then league. she's probably on league. lol, dat 30.

oohh, wait. new rotation. aight. im down for a game. after dinner.

LOL. fuq u two!!!

h8 u guys. die. also, invited bear and aims.

and now im gonna school you guys with my ap sona. har har har. dhfkhsjfds.

TUMBLR.

i got an idea: why don't we make this multi-dimensional? every character is, in essence, the same, but different as well. we can play in a variety of timelines. the stories don't really have to occur before or after one another. they can occur concurrently with no actual ties other than the fact that they are the "same" person.

idk if this is feasible, but i figured it'd just be pretty neat. we can make it so that each character develops a growing attachment to each other (can see the other world in dreams or what they think are dreams). as events occur, things develop further and their attachment grows until they share a singular consciousness or something.

we can figure out what that means. idk. i just figure this would let us play many settings and many characters. but this does mean there will be, like, 20+ characters per person. ha. it'll be awesome though 'coz im pretty badass. idk about sophia. lolol. such a n00b.

I was thinking the same thing, but the number of characters is kind of.... lol, ridic. Idk if I can do it, let alone we.

Plus, what worlds would we do? For me, I know I want a steam-world. I also want an alternate gangster-era. I don't know if I would have too many worlds...

WAIT.

What if we make the war-world the primary world (so it's Dimension Prime) and then every subsequent world is derived from the actions or the thoughts of that world and any world after (for instant, Dimension 1's actions birthed Dimension 2, etc, etc). Does it make sense? Like the linearity of the world doesn't have to exist, but it's... kind of like.. a subtle influence? It only creates the world, but doesn't really actively affect it??

I don't know. I'm thinking of this too weirdly. It's late and I'm tired and I just lost a crappy game. omg, that Sivir. so much shit.

TUMBLR.

that's an awful idea for two reasons. first, if we assume that all the worlds are connected or linked, we would be responsible for creating the reason behind the connectedness. it makes it extremely convoluted and messy- two things i'm not interested in. second, having the worlds connected (whether it is directly or indirectly) means that the story of one world would have to be relevant to every other world. there's no way we can be that thorough and, ultimately, we'll lose a world to poor planning and poor initiation.

instead, we should keep worlds separate from each other. i don't want the actions of one world to have a real or direct impact on another world or, at least, not in the way you're thinking of it. worlds can be linked, but the link cannot be intrusive or imposing, which is why i suggested that the consciousness of characters should serve as the conduit for connectivity.

as for the various worlds, my suggestion would be to use old rps and old rp ideas. old rps are, from my experience, well-formed and well-established. they are detailed enough that we have enough material to work with (and because we've been rp'ing together for the better part of a decade, we're all familiar with the different rps). and by using old rps, we don't have to write long and exhaustive explanations/indexes. we can always refer back to original documents. all of my things have been ported to google doc. anyway, these are my suggestions and modifications:

1. anathema: this is the high fantasy world. there's an external threat (the exiles) to the world. we play this story the way the original story was supposed to pan out. i don't know what you had in mind, but given that this is your rp (sophia), you gm this world. also, each world should be gm'd by whoever made it as they would have the most information and complete picture of the world. in this world, the connective tissues are the characters- both good and bad.

2. genesis: a post-apocalyptic world where some humans are given unique, unexplained powers. there is a struggle between the liberation team and the government. the liberation team is lead to believe that this fight is meant to restore the world to its previous existence (our time) and the government is simply out to wipe out the existence of rogue MODS. the story plays as it did in the original rp. you guys can use the same characters as before, if you like. i don't have a preference for this.

3. elementary: the detective agency with an emphasis on the supernatural. there's really not much to say about this. i mean, the original rp didn't have too much setting information (it was always better with its technical limitations). but, really, this is only if bears wants to do this rp. i don't even know if he made an account on here. loser.

4. fractured: im going to suggest avoiding the high fantasy world again (or at least advise that it be different from anathema). anyway, same story. it fits well with the theme of halcyon.

5. aces: modern. hitman. police. enough said.

6. glitters/diamond: thieves. feel good. comedy. we have a lot of serious ones and i figured that this is a nice break. of course, sophia, this is only if you can manage. i know you have atg released on here, but... it's quite a bit different from how you originally had it and, idk, just thought you might like to go back to its roots.

7. tenth degree: we need that academy setting. special school for special agent students lawlz. you know the drill. plus this gives us the easy cop-out. since the entire game is premised on entering various worlds, the characters here can serve as the so-called dimension prime. if we are still going with that idea. i still think it's bulls, but whatever.

8. guns/roses: done. done. done. we have a western now. and gangs. and stuff.

those are the worlds im thinking of. there's a few others i am considering, but idk if we can manage that many world. other worlds i was thinking of was: memento, fatum, ad res, penti, wonderland, annnnnnnnnnnnnnd zero point. dude, i love zero point and.. fuck it, we're adding zero point. lawlz.

9. zero point: i just want to see madison and terrance get together already. fuck. so unsatisfying that zp never got to that point (how the fuck did we finish the game, but not pair anyone up???). idc if this is the throwaway world. this is happening. end of the discussion.

so, to make things clear, the current people we have:

me, sophia, jae, li, roy, xing, and miru. oh and ken if ken makes an account. actually, a lot of them need to make accounts. hm. well, i know that xing and miru are definitely down. we also need to get onto skype already and hash this out.

unf. that took days to do.
    site kept blocking me from making an account. ; A;

butbutbut, miru is here! and omfg, yesplz! we effing need zero point.

my thoughts:

1. like clockwork- world is doomed to end on x date.
    heroes keep reliving the few days before the end. secret: there is one
    person (a weaver) that keeps returning the flow of time because she's
    looking for someone. everyone plays as the individuals stuck in the loop
    and are eventually recruited to help the girl save the world. if there are
    too many modern settings, lc can be applied to any scenario.

2. wonderland. inc- a thousand times yes! i loved wonderland almost
    as much as i loved zp. i could. wax. poetry. about. wonderland. #sobbingmess

you guys have my skype and my # so... yeah.

hi.

this is just a test. can i not post? or something???
    bullshit.

shit. I'm making 10TH DEGREE on this board. shiiiiiiiiit. LOL.

Ugh, it doesn't matter though. Figure this out. I'll contribute soon. Probably. Maybe.........

TUMBLR.