Login to your account

Thread: where the dudes at?

where the dudes at?

seriously.

oh i know... well, about the first half of what you said anyway. yeah, i'm aware that forum roleplayers generally consists more of the women folk than dudes. i ain't saying anything against it or about it, i'm just asking, y'know. where the dudes at? i know i'm far from being the only one around here, but when i look at the forums, yknow... i have to wonder.

yeah, i feel like i'm stepping on toes over here. uhhh, do-over. i'll admit that i spend a lot of time on this site. when i'm not writing, i'm just hopping around threads, reading some of the interesting things that you, schiz, joon and the like sometimes talk about. call me a sucker, but i like hearing opinions on stuff. the thing is, all the other dudes don't seem particularly vocal. not that they have to be, i understand that, but... y'know. shit, i don't know how to explain it, but it's like... lonely, or something like that, i dunno. anyways, yeah, if i come across anyone who's into rp or might be into it, i'll point em this way. sorry if i come off as whiney (heck, i might very well be), but the stuff i've been saying, i just felt like i had to say it, y'know.

hey, it's not like i desperately need another dude to talk to. it's not anything like that at all, it's just... well like i said, i dunno how to explain it. i guess it's sort of like parkour. i've been practicing it for 4 years now and i've spent the past year as an unofficial assistant instructor at Sydney Parkour. in each of these classes, i've never seen more than a handful of women and i sometimes reckon that they've got to be wondering 'where the girls at?' they're there for the parkour, but it's hard to ignore that they're the only females around. now, that's what I think, i dunno what they make of it, but it's the same kind of feeling i'm getting over here except instead of girls, it's guys. you're most likely right when you said that all the other dudes on this site are just here for the RP. i'm here for the RP as well, but i can't be the only one whose been having these thoughts.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 12-14-2012 at 06:04 AM.

okay, i knew talking about this was a mistake. shutting up now.

i thought asking the question would have been enough. i guess i was wrong. well enough about that, i think that's an interesting idea you've raised over there about making RP's with da boyz in mind. aaaaaaaaand, i've just found this after literally googling 'male roleplayer'. probably should have just done that from the start. hmm, some interesting points.

I've noticed this too, and it used to be even worse before (on this site) I think there was literally like one or two males that were regulars. But yeah, this is the opposite of a sausage fest. I'm not sure what to call that... (Taco fest?) LOL. Either way, we should put sexy WTF adds everywhere to bring them in.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

It's okay, Enkerzed. I'll invite you to the 'dude fort'. We are a dying gender after all.

(No boobs allowed)

"Engaging."

That's a bad observation.
    We know a guy who actually Roleplays a female OC. So, there's always a man playing the female role.
    I find it necessary at times. I even have a female OC. (Chesabelle) I wouldn't RP as her often, but I would if I need to.
    We also have another, Sitaru. He just came to the site not too long ago.
    There's male RP'ers. Just gotta look.