Login to your account

Thread: I has idea

I has idea

So here's the gist of it, three people caused the end of the world. One, the First Anomaly, was a physicist with a drug addiction. In a fit of hallucination, this man hurled himself into the Hadron Collider whilst experiments on the 'God particle' were under way. He became one with the particle in his fragmented mental state, thus weakening the Way.

The second was an engineer and inventor who would eventually become the Administrator. He manufactured the means for people all around to world to interact with computer operated devices remotely through the use of nanomachines, thus inadvertently paving the Way by creating a physical manifestation of the noosphere, the greatest anomaly... and the Administrator has control of it all.

The third was a middled-aged mother dying of breast cancer. She would become the Guide after being the first to die after the occurrence of the First Anomaly, hence she is also called the 'First of the Dead'. Regardless, her death was the straw that broke the camel's back and had opened the Way to outside of reality, destroying it whilst catching the hungry attentions of eldritch abominations. As the First of the Dead, she has the most experience existing within the new realm and will lead you to wherever, whenever and whoever you want, if you are worthy and IF you can find her.

Reality is broken. It must be fixed... somehow.

Now, this must all be really confusing, so I'll break it down a bit. The roleplay will have three arcs, but only the first arc will be open for a certain amount of time. After that, no more new players or characters until the first 'batch' has gotten to the second arc, and yeah, you get the idea. Anyways, the arcs. The first one is a quest to find the guide and then prove yourself worthy as one who can help in the restoration of the world (you want this to happen, no exceptions). Since reality is broken, your characters are free to be in whatever form that you like. Just remember that when the world broke, you broke along with it (you're dead, but not in this world). The second arc... well, saying any more would spoil the story, but whatever happens, the goal is to restore reality.

So what think? I know it all seems a little... trippy. If it explains anything, I'm a fan of Romantically Apocalyptic, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and The Dark Tower, and I have shamelessly ripped off a few concepts and ideas from em.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 12-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Well, I think I'm on to something here. Gonna give this plot bunny a try.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 12-12-2012 at 01:53 PM.