Login to your account

Thread: What was the last book you read, and what's your current read?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have always considered books like the Dresden files to be "Popcorn Books". Not really food, but filling and fun to eat. I think the Macaroni & Cheese metaphor fits as well. Not exactly brain food, but it can be so darn satisfying.

I have been reading a Steampunk-ish series as well. They go by the Parasol Protectorate series. They are pretty fun.

Today I think I am going to read some more 'high brow' literature. I have a number of classics I have been meaning to read (or re-read as the case may be). I have challenged myself to read Moby Dick. I have tried to read this POS several times now and it has always been a struggle for me to get past the first few chapters. I find Melville to be, quite frankly, a terrible writer. The book has little focus and direction and at times just launches into chapters of asides (much like Atlas Shrugged). But, I have a goal and it is to finish Moby Dick.

I find this to be pathetic considering that I have read War and Peace and countless other 'daunting' classics and enjoyed them.
    Last edited by Utopia; 07-21-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: More Babble