Login to your account

Thread: Featured Games (June 20 - June 26, 2011)

Featured Games (June 20 - June 26, 2011)

It's that time again! Time for new games to become our Featured Games for the week! :3

This week we've been lucky enough to get an influx of new players, many of whom have gamely taken the trouble to set up some full-featured games for us to all look into and try out!

Since we're very new and not many players have been here long enough for all of the rules for Featured games to apply, I limited myself to the following qualifications:
    - Game is open to new players.
    - Game has a non-default icon.
    - Game has complete/mostly complete information in their Overview section.

There were still a lot of interesting games to choose from after that was left, so I had to set a few more qualifications:
    - I could only choose three (to leave myself plenty to choose from next week. When the site is more active, the limit will be five a week...).
    - Game has few, if any posts (since right now the really active games don't need the extra notice).

The above are only temporary qualifications and may not be how things are chosen next week. I just wanted to be up-front with what criteria were used this week so you'd understand why these games were selected, and not equally awesome games.

This week we have two very different takes on fantasy and one sci-fi/fantasy/supernatural hybrid.

Title: Saareda - Winter Falls
    Link: http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/showthre...a-Winter-Falls
    Rating: General Audiences
    Player Level: Intermediate
    In Saareda, the story takes place in a bitter political struggle, wrapped in a mystery. This is a game of epic fantasy and what looks to be in-depth gaming. Players who are looking to play in a game where your character can shape the world and the plot is an organic, living thing should enjoy their look into this storyline.

Title: Castle Märchen - Fairytales for Adults
    Link: http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/showthre...les-for-Adults
    Rating: General Audiences
    Märchenland is a fairy kingdom set in the heart of a fairytale universe. The aloof fairy king watches over his servants and guests (both human and fae-blooded) and sets them quests or protects them (at a price) from the actions of other visitors to the kingdom. You start out as a servant, or can accept a "prompt" to create characters based on fairy tale favorites.

Title: Svalentia
    Link: http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/showthre...?165-Svalentia
    Rating: Adult
    Take a ferry to the dark and gritty world of the island-city of Svalentia. The sun, moon and stars have gone out on the world of Faun and the sky is pitch black day and night. Resources are thin and generators are the only things keeping the darkness at bay. Svalentia is one of those cities lit by generators, and it's struggling to stay powered. Compounding its problems are the appearance of supernatural creatures like vampires - something causing a lot of social turmoil in the already strained city.

That's it for this week! Congratulations to the new Featured Games!

If you'd like your game to be featured next week, check out the Getting Featured Guide and polish up your game!

As I said in my first post, next week it doesn't follow that games with a lot of activity won't be featured, so if you're looking for even more players for your already active game, never fear that you'll be disqualified by it.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Thank you very much for the Feature. You did a very good job describing my game and I'm honored to be in the company of the other two games, which look like interesting games to play as well.
    This here is Satan, - we might say the devil, but that ain't right, and gennelfolks don't like such words. He is now commonly called 'Spring-heeled Jack;' or the 'Rossian Bear,' - that's since the war.
    Henry Mayhew

Thank you. I'm so honored to be a featured game, especially in such very good company!
    "I know we'll imprint Whiskey with the Tenth Doctor!"
    "And then my brain will implode."
    "Yes, but we will have saved the world."

Thank you so much for the feature! With all the great games popping up I didn't think I would be chosen. And you did such a great job describing it- better than me. lol

(ooc)

Haha - you guys are welcome. :3 Thanks for setting up such interesting games and taking the time to flesh them out properly. :3 I wish I had all the time in the world so I could play in all of them. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin