Login to your account

Thread: OOC : Xanth D20

brain storm with me people! Here are some basic facts I have so far:
    you will have six stats-
    strength (how strong you are)
    Dexterity (how agile you are. trapeze artists have tons of this)
    Constitution (how strong a stomach you have, how resilient you are to illness and such like)
    Intelligence (how book smart you are)
    Wisdom (how aware of the world around you that you are. this is some times called street smarts)
    Charisma (how like able are you? Theoretically politicians have lots of this)
    These will all start at 10 ^_^!
    Every one will have seventy points to divide up between a combination of those stats and the powers and abilities you want to have. We will talk about what should go where when the time comes.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Got this from Wikipedia and tweaked for my purposes.

Strength (Str)
    A measure of how physically strong a character is. Strength controls,melee attack and/or damage. Armor and weapons might also have a Strength requirement.
    Constitution (Con)
    A measure of how resilient a character is. Constitution often influences hit points, resistances for special types of damage (poisons, illness, heat etc.) and fatigue.
    Dexterity (Dex)
    A measure of how agile a character is. Dexterity controls attack and movement speed and accuracy, as well as the difficulty of an opponent's attack
    Intelligence (Int)
    A measure of a character's problem-solving ability. Intelligence defines how skilled a character is going to be. It defines a characters problem solving abilities amongst other things.
    Charisma (Cha)
    A measure of a character's social skills, and sometimes their physical appearance. Charisma generally influences NPC reactions.
    Wisdom (Wis)
    A measure of a character's common sense. Wisdom often controls a character's ability to show awareness and pic up on the little clues all around them.

And here we have a random smattering of possible powers, the basics of what they do, and their point values:

Additional limbs ( must for centaurs) costs one point per extra limb. these limbs (arms, legs, tentacles, etc) do not allow for extra moves during combat, but may cause extra damage or make a character harder to trip.

Blast! costs two points per rank. It allows you to do some form of ranges attack (such as shooting an arrow or fire ball, throwing a weapon or sending out a ray of electricity) You make an attack roll to his, using your dexterity and then roll one D6 and add your ranks in this for damage. (so if you spend six points you would roll a d6 and add 3, making sense so far?)

Flight costs two points per rank. You can fly through the air including hovering in place. you have a flying speed of ten miles per hour at rank one. See gm for flight speed at higher ranks but to give an idea at rank twenty you can fly at near the speed of light.

These can all be varied, of course, to become weaker or more powerful. Please let me know of what power you might consider for your character so I can look up the specifics.
    Last edited by Aerion; 06-20-2011 at 02:18 AM.