Login to your account

Thread: My Best Kept Secrets

My Best Kept Secrets

Eos' diary, written in her point of view.

"My best kept secrets ...

... are best kept secret."
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 11-20-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Entry #1

I'm sorry if this belongs to anyone, but I can't resist writing in you. It makes me wish I had more interesting things to say. But before I fill up your pages with my seemingly meaningless words, let me tell you a little about myself.

My name is Eos VanCise, I'm seventeen years old and I practice healing and defense magic. My whole life I was raised to believe magic was a curse - and I should be ashamed of it. I have a twin brother, he was born with this "curse" as well. It wasn't until a few months ago that we heard of the academy called Sorcerers. A place that treated magic as a gift, not a curse. Needless to say, we have already arrived to the school. But oddly enough, never really got to spend that much time in it.

You see... we're currently trapped within The Gaze, and I'm not sure if we will ever get out. I would be in more of a panic, but we are trapped here with some friends as well - and it somehow makes it easier.

There is Maya, a mature girl who seems as though she has wisdom beyond her years. At first I thought she was out to get me, but I think she just knows what's best. She's very kind and conservative... I worry that she is the type who doesn't let her true feelings out very often.

There is also Silver, a quiet girl who does her best not to be the center of attention. My brother, JD seems to have developed a liking for her, but he is always so strange when it comes to romance that I worry he may be too much for her to handle. It doesn't help that an evil boy named Enki has also has his eyes set on her.

I also met a girl named Sasha, she must be from Russia. I was relieved that I wasn't the only foreigner to come to the school. She's not like the other girls. She's loud, fast and blunt - unafraid of seemingly anything and anyone. Well, that was until recently. She has a corrupted eye, and because of that we met her brother, an evil guy who wanted nothing more than to kill Sasha! But... he shouldn't be a problem anymore. God, that must have been hard for her...

Then there is Enzo, a boy who despite seeming like just any old timid school kid... he has a side of him that only comes out when he is aflame. A side that seems to be the exact opposite of his usual self. I haven't talked to him much directly, but he seems to be a funny guy... who has his eye on a special girl. Who? Alright... I'll tell you. I think he might like Sasha! He seems to travel along closely with a man named Kenji. He is strange and mysterious, I first met him when he was in a small infant-like form. But I've been seeing him appear more as an older male, usually speaking with Enzo or Maya.

And that leaves... Volitiare.... ahh, there is a lot I could say about him. I've only known him for a few days and I could already fill up this book with how I feel. In short, he's tall, dark and very handsome... smart, charming, strong... See? I told you, once I stop I won't be able to stop.

Oh, and we also arrived here with a boy named Red. Although, I haven't seen him since we first reached the village. He seems like a pain, but the others trust him. Just recently he had his arm ripped from his body, but I used all the power I could muster to reattach and heal the wound. Hopefully he is doing okay.
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 11-24-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

A photo ravaged by time and burned along the edges was slipped safely between the journal's pages. . .

The word "Mummy" is scribbled along the backside in fading ink, in handwriting identical to what has been written on these pages. But on the bottom corner in completely different handwriting, much more faded than the previous is written . . .

"My lovely Beatrice."
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 11-24-2012 at 10:28 PM.

This place isn't the refuge I hoped it to be.

Before Sorcerers, I had no clue the world was accepting of my power. The family who attempted to raise JD and I would instill in us a fear of ourselves, a fear of where we came from. They told us our parents were terrible, twisted people who were affiliated with none other than the devil himself. But we knew that couldn't be true. We could never bring ourselves to see that in our parents. The short lived memories that we were given were one's like most any child - at least children growing up in a magic household.

They seemed proud to see that their children were gifted, but it was apparent they feared for them as well. Now their children would have to practice in hiding as they did, condemned to the solidarity they have accepted. If they thought otherwise...

It would lead to death.

But now that we are here, and I'm hiding beneath my bed as if I'm back in St Albans, hiding from those people who would burn her at the stake... I don't know if we should have come here at all...

Although, if I didn't I wouldn't have met my friends, and I would have never met Volitaire...