Login to your account

Thread: Old Female Characters

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Old Female Characters

So, I've been poking around the internet for elderly female characters... strong elderly female characters to be precise, and I don't just mean personality wise. There are characters like Mr Miyagi in Karate Kid, Yoda in Star Wars, Whitebeard in One Piece, Pai Mei in Kill Bill, Shepard Book in Firefly, Gandalf in Lord of the Rings, Barristan Selmy from A Song of Ice and Fire, all respected, all badass and I could go on. The question is, are there any female equivalents? I mean, sure there there a lot of examples of Never Mess with Granny, but there aren't many who are portrayed with as much dignity as the characters I just mentioned. I'm not looking for Betty White with a submachine gun or some powerful ancient witch who solely relies on magic and MacGuffin. I'm looking for those who can rumble with the best of them like Chiyo from Naruto and Big Mama from Metal Gear. Just a picture of an old lady with a sword, or gun, or armour, or bare fists and looks like she can be taken seriously is all.

EDIT

And I did realize from the get go that I was going to be disappointed. Female + young + attractive = mandatory, I get it, but surely I'm not the only one who ever thought about all this. There's got to be at least some art of a senior female samurai, or knight, or hero, or whatever.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 11-15-2012 at 11:56 AM.