Login to your account

Thread: Role-play Search (1X1)

Humble Farmer With a Sword mewmint20's Avatar

Role-play Search (1X1)

I suck at these things, im not going to lie. Uh i don't know if my age matters but i am 21 years old, married and unemployed. This should clear up all schedule, age and romance issues. My husband doesn't mind me writing romance, as he knows it is the characters feelings and not mine, but i don't feel comfortable role-playing more then kissing. I have dyslexia but will always spellcheck posts before posting them unless in a rush. I like to think myself at least somewhat semi-literate but will usually mimic what i was given. I'm a bit dry on ideas right now, but will update if i think of any.

I'm not fussy with genre, or gender. I prefer Hetro but i can play either a female or male. Any questions, just throw them my way. I only ask you don't post one-liners and i try to not do fandoms. Otherwise: Quality over Quantity.

Any particular genres you'd be into? I've got a few ideas myself, but it's your request.

Fantasy and Sci-fi are genres i always seem to enjoy. As i said I'm pretty much up to everything; but the ideas i struggle with are ones where i have to play as a character who is part of (or knows a lot about) an inter-planetary army (unless you want me to spurt 40k stuff). Feel free to throw ideas my way, I'll see if any entice me.

Oh hey, you're a fan of 40k too? Well anyways, fantasy and sci-fi, yeah that's pretty standard so no problem. Now, as for them ideas...

Steampunk - There's a guy who basically invented airships, but someone else stole his ideas and creation, and gets all the credit. The guy drinks himself into oblivion at some well-out-of-the-way bar, and you can either help him back onto his feet or nurture his desire for revenge, whether you're a friend or the perfect stranger.

Space Sci-fi - Two bounty hunters chase down the same target and fight over it. This could get a bit problematic, but where there's rivalry, there can also be friendship. In any case, both are the best in their line of work.

Medieval Swords and Sorcery Fantasy - There's this fledgling mage, who's the last magic user in the world after a highly influential religious order decided that magic was too dangerous to be allowed to exist in the world any more. Ever since they gave the word, witch burning and such became all the rage until only that young mage was left. Fortunately, the mage finds a protector, but even with that help, surviving in the world is going to be tough. You wanna be the mage or shall I?

High Fantasy - The sort with orcs, elves, magic, dragons, etc. Basically, a thief unknowingly steals a cursed artefact that brought about the death of its previous owner. The thief gets caught in the act and is encouraged to return the item or face the law. It is only after returning to the previous owner's house and reading his journal that the thief realizes that the artefact has to be returned to where it was meant to be, lest the thief suffers the same fate as well. So begins a quest.

I tend to think in terms of plot ideas rather than themes and pairings, so I'm sorry if none of them appeal to you. If that's the case, we could come up with something else.

i rpefer thinking in plots not pairing, i like the mage one and space sci-fi one. As for 40k im a fan yes but i finally got round to sitting down and reading dan abnett's books about it, What i know i know from the wiki, the game Dawn of War 2 and my friend who is a mega-fan. so your choice out of those two, i have an assassin character who doubles up as a guard she will do fine in either situation.

Awesome. Well I left it up to a coin toss (heads for mage, tails for bounty hunters) and it looks like we'll be going with fantasy. So I guess I'll be the mage then. Wait just a tick while I go create a thread and make my first post. Also, Gaunt's Ghosts, right?

yes gaunt's ghost recommended to me by the fan friend, just link me up when its up, it will be my first rp on here, ever lol

Alright, here it is. Let's do this.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Just made a few minor edits btw.

Alright, so I was reading through this and wondered what type or genre would you like most?

Oh, that could be useful. I wish I found it ages ago.

Yeah, Strude is quite good at those stuffs.

I'd have to say science fantasy is where i usually fall. Sometimes Military science fiction (most the military part on the other person account, ive been told by a close friend that i can be rather small picture. He can be big picture so we compliment well lol) Apocalyptic fiction i have been known to do. Dear lord for a dyslexic that list is daunting, i think those are the ones but imam def gonna to have to dedicate some serious time to reading these and noting them!

Oops, I didn't think of that, sorry ^^'!

Do you have a plot you would like to try?

it's okay i just had to take it in chunks and type as i read lol.

i don't really have any plots right now. Besides non-romance/not purely-romance do you have any pref for plot yourself?

I would love to play in a city like the ones in the Bioshock games, before they were destroyed, I like my old style in my sci-fi.

ooooh, Bioshock is fun. More Bioshock 1 or Bioshock 2 (i know there isn't much difference but still, curious) or the new Bioshock even (the floaty one).

Yeah! I only played a little of Bioshock and none of the sequels but I loved the eerie old timey feel. This one could be powered by magic and there could be some sort of monster that came a destroyed a part of it every night, for a little post-apocalyptic feel to it?

i creep peopel out with my little sister impression (ive completed both 1 and 2) it's one of my favorite pass-times. Above-water i presume? for the town. If you want to go for a post apocalyptic feel to it, instead of a monster destroying it, perhaps an accident in part caused it to be shut down, one thing i remember from bioshock was that place was like a maze and in the second one some of the lower levels were abandoned and derelict. Maybe it's where the undesirables hide, someone new to town could stumble down, or a curious individual who'd never seen it, the other character could live there. the place gets sealed off by some disaster. Could be about them trying to get out, one wanting to see what the parts of the town still in glory look like, the other just wants to get out of the ruined area and get home.

Sounds good to me, and it could be anywhere with the magic protecting it, but underwater would add a sense of urgency as the water slowly creep into the derelict districts of the city since the magic is not working there.

Some areas flooded, meaning they have to find their way around those areas too. Would you like the character from the derelict area or the main area?

The derelict area, an old crone past her prime and therefore usefulness, maybe?

whatever works for you, most my characters are between 19 and 24 because thats roughly my age so im better at playing them. Would you like to start?

Alright, I'll start the thread soon-ish.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Here it is: http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/showthre...6626#post66626