Login to your account

Thread: what I crave to role play (still a WIP!!)

what I crave to role play (still a WIP!!)

The group role play is awesome here, but one on one is very different and can be fun as well. I believe that at some point some one will be making a plce to posts these, bujt for now here is a general list of my style, tastes, and interests.

Glossary of terms
    Ao- Adult only, these are games that will most likely involve mature themes
    canon- characters from a preexisting series
    OC- original character
    OS- original setting or story

My Style
    • I prefer two complete sentences up to three or so paragraphs. This is during the normal play, of course.
    • I want an active counter player who will make at least ONE reply to me every day unless something comes up
    • I prefer third person, past tense style play in which actions are written as normal sentences and speech is defined by quotes.
    • I will /some/ times use font variants to clarify characters, but if it gets tiresome I may forget it on occasion or drop it all together. I don't mind others using colors and fonts, but please nothing that hurts my eyes >.<
    • Relationships happen in stories, period. If they happen in every thing from disney movies to bug planet horror type movies it is a fact of life. How ever, I don't like to ply insta relationships unless we have planned it out before hand.
    • I play both genders, though recently I have had a tenancy toward males. My characters in general don't have a predefined "oriention".
    • My characters will ALWAYS be imperfect, whether with minor physical or mental failings, odd personality quirks, or forceful imperatives. I like characters with depth! you know who are characters, lol.
    • I often won't detail my full character background in the beginning. I like to have things discovered through the process of play.
    • I probably have other quirky things, just ask me, okay?

World Concepts
    These are all t.v., movie, book, etc settings that I have an interest in. How ever, I will rarely play any existing character or any relative of a character unless stated other wise. If you are unfamiliar with any of these worlds but intrigued by the blurb I add, please let me know as I am willing to work on a variant of the world just for you!

Xanth
    will only play as/with OCs in this, how ever they may be distantly related to old main characters.
    willing to play with/as humans, centaurs, nagas, and a plethora of other Xanth races.

Alera
    will only play with/as OCs.
    Tahvi did not exist in my variant of the world.
    I love the elemental powers and the roman politics ^_^!

Doctor Who
    This is more of a multiverse than a world xp. I am willing to play a thirteenth incarnation of the Doctor, my time lord character The Seeker, or a companion to another player who is a time lord.

True Blood
    play as OCs only, willing to play with canon but you better play that character well! I prefer the books to the t.v. series for rules and the like. The vampires in the t.v. series are some what stronger and in some ways less evil, I don't care for what they did with Godrich for example. The world of the books is some what darker.

Fall Out
    OCs only. it probably has to be an AO world because it is rather on the gory side.

Star Wars
    I LOVE this universe, but am hesitant to mess it up with my touch so it comes with some pretty strict rules. "world events" from the movies are the only ones that count (I know supposedly the books are canon too but we've seen that undone in some of the movies so I avoid them all together >.> this means no force eating monsters). Time setting would have to be after episode 6 and no relation to major characters.

Themes
    These are generalized concepts, including era's and nonspecific worlds.
    ~~ means I have a character concept for this
    ** means I have a plot concept for this

Time travelers
    Steampunk~~ ** (the plot is more of a group one though)
    Pirates!~~
    Were creatures~~
    mythical pseudo medieval setting
    magic/sci fi ridden modern age ~~
    vampires ~~ ** (I use my own vampire mythos, ask me about it!)
    zombie survival
    twisted family plots (usually AO)

Plot type things
    These are not fully fleshed out plots but rather vague ideas that I have running around in my head right now.

Medieval/fantasy arranged marriage- poke me about this one, I have a fair number of details with what can be done. One of my favorite variants is a slash version where X noble or royalty is about to be married to Y npc or doubled character of the opposite gender but is in love with Z long time servant/guard/handmaiden of the same gender.

The New Vampire- pretty basic plot, I play a vampire that has just awoken, you play a hunter, civilian or another vampire. Want more details, ask me

Mythical creature in search of a mate- This is usually something like a dragon, gryphon or unicorn that can shift into human form and falls in love with, or captures, or saves (you get the idea) some humanoid creature.

Martial arts magic- this is more a theme than a plot but it takes some explaining so here goes. I am fascinated by books like the five ancestors and Kathy's Key and their mythos of magic being tied into martial arts styles. I don't know much about martial arts my self so would need a player with lots of patience who was willing to teach me, but I think it could be fun.

The New Doll- this one is usually AO but has potential in general. Uhm, there are lots of anime and pop references I could make but the idea is a doll made to serve some one. The person may be skeptic of the powers until the doll comes to life, ready to serve.

Of Two Worlds- In which two creatures who can not survive in each other's homes fall in love. Examples of this are the merperson and the human (no little mermaid legs >.>---- I have a human who works well for this one), the angel and the demon, fire and water based creatures, etc

The Twisted Fairy Tale- one of my all time favorite concepts! Take a fairy tail (Alice in wonderland, the wizard of oz, little red riding hood, etc) and turn it on it's side! (Alice is Alan the male, oz is a steam punk rather than magical land, the wolf is a were wolf and Red is in love with him secretly, etc.) There are about a bajillion variants and I loves em all.

Ok I think I am done for now, though I will probably edit this further in the future 'cause I am an ideas person, lol.
    Last edited by Aerion; 07-14-2011 at 01:31 AM.

lol your description intrigues me. What might you want to consider setting up a 1x1 rp?
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

I lost this thread for a while so never saw the response, sorries!

Not an rp offer but I'm interested in your version of Vampires. Do ya mind telling me about them?
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

Reoccurring NPC S h i n ` K ! S S E S's Avatar
    I would be more than happy to play in a Fallout setting with you! One of my favourite settings evar. Period.

I'd actually be pretty interested in any of your plots, too. I've always wanted to try steampunk, but never had much opportunity to.

lol oki pm me and we can work out a plot in a fall out setting if you like, or talk about doing one of the other plots.

Nyah, you know I'm all up for steampunk, pirates, or better yet: steampunkpirates. XD
    I am also up for mermaid without-little-mermaid-legs, I have at least two mermen who could possibly work out depending what you have planned.
    New doll could be interesting, buuut I wouldn't put it top priority, I prefer the previous themes myself. X)

Other notes that may be of your interest:
    -I'll say right out I can't promise a reply a day, but I will try to reply at least once a week (and I will probably reply more often the first days, haha). Since I get easily distracted/do other stuff/have other rps going/get lazy, etc, sometimes I don't get to reply to all and one will have to wait, or just don't feel sufficiently inspired that day, or stuff.
    But I do try to keep up to my best. ^^

-I only play relationships if they're yaoi. XDD Actually, I usually only play yaoi. :P

-And I only play OCs. Not just because I only know two of the mentioned series, but because I prefer OCs. XD

(ooc)

Don't you already have steam punk covered in your group rp? lol It looked awesome but I didn't want to slow things down or over burden my self so ended up not joining the thing.

Any how, mer people rock and I think we both covered that we enjoy yaoi xp, so we could work out an interesting story of humans and mer people.

As for the replies, i need to update that. Honestly, I can't always reply every day to every rp, as much as I would like to. i currently have an awful wave going where two or three days will go by with no posts from any one then i get on one day with six or eight replies to make, lol. I need to space them out more. Any how, every few days works fine.

And OCs are good too. Honestly, I WAAAY prefer playing OCs, but I have played one or two existing characters at the probing of others and will play vague ones if the mood is just right.

So ya, most of this post was pointless, lol. I think a one on one along some ocean shore would be just loverly and mer tails are almost as good as naga tails ;p.

Psh, just 'cause I have one steampunk doesn't mean I can't do two. Or, pirate!Steampunk, which would be different! lol
    But mer-people is great too.

And lol, I know what you mean about that round. It seems like everyone decides to not-reply and then reply at the same time. It happens to me all the time. ;( it must be something in the water! XDDD

So ya, most of this post was pointless, lol. I think a one on one along some ocean shore would be just loverly and mer tails are almost as good as naga tails ;p.
    lolol, sliiightly less coiling but also awesome. So, you wanna move the plotting to PMs or some other thread or something?

(ooc)