Login to your account

Thread: "you're a {h o b b y} & i'm a {k i l l e r} ━" 1x1

"you're a {h o b b y} & i'm a {k i l l e r} ━" 1x1

Hey there. You could call me a writer. You could call me a highschooler that knows next to nothing. You could even call me a girl with not-enough-time-on-her-hands-to-do-as-she-pleases. But what you need to know is that, like you, I love to write. And that? Should be enough, right? I don't think you necessarily need to know anything but that I am Rev, and I'm going to be your next partner.

I'm pretty diligent about logging on (or staying logged on) every day to at least check my messages. Most of the time, after you reply I'll think one up as soon as I get on. Sometimes, I get busy and you don't get one for a few days. Of course, I'll let you know if I'm a little behind. Between homework and my dance classes, I do tend to get caught up in that thing called sleep.

I like romance. But not that cheesy, love-at-first-sight crap. I like the slowly moving relationship between two people until finally, one realizes it and all hell breaks loose. I like drama; I like seeing two characters get angry or torn apart or comes close to dying. I like action. I like it when a fight breaks out or someone tries to kill the other. I like to have interesting roleplays because I get bored easily, and if I get bored I tend to quit.

I have a lot of different things I like to do, like pairings and plots. However, sometimes I need a little push in the right direction when it comes to stuff like that, because I usually get nervous that someone won't like the idea. I'm very self-conscious, so if I think I'm going to do it wrong, I'm not going to do it. Plain 'n simple.

Another thing to note: I like to play females. I just do. However, I have no problems playing a male character because in order to become a better writer, I need to practice them as well. But. I am more natural with females. I do hetero. I'm iffy about male/male female/female. I don't know if I am at that level yet because it makes me nervous. I prefer that we just stick to the regular hetero stuff.

I don't worry about post length. Never never never. I'd rather have a fun, light-hearted roleplay than one that you have to slave over to match each other's posts. So just don't worry about it. And you don't have to match me. My lengths vary from two to eight. It depends on what's going on and how I'm feeling.

So, have fun and let's get to roleplaying! All the pairings/plots/samples will be coming up!

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Pairings

The role that I would like, but am not limited to, is in italics. Also, these go in order to how much I'm craving.

• Gang member x Regular person
    • Modern!Mulan x Shang
    • Forensic scientist x Head of investigation
    • Princess x Knight
    • Babysitter x Single parent
    • Singer x Bodyguard
    • Stepbrother x Stepsister
    • Bride/groom x Best friend
    • Prince/ss x Peasant
    • Vampire x Vampire Hunter
    • Human x Vampire
    • Werewolf x Human
    • Docter x Patient

Themes

• Post apocalyptic
    • Steampunk
    • Hunger games
    • Law enforcement
    • Arranged Marriage
    • Forbidden love

Fandoms

• Howl's Moving Castle
    • Disney-esque
    • Spirited Away
    • Ponyo
    • Fruits Basket
    • FMA:B
    • Skyrim
    • InuYasha

Plots

OH, THE CITY LIGHTS
    Romance | Drama | Action

You would think that in the city of Chicago, where there were gangs on every corner with pocketed guns and wads of cash stuffed in their breast pocket, women would take more caution out on the streets. One woman bumps into a man every morning at the local coffee shops where she goes before work. She never realizes he was part of one of the largest gangs until she walks home one day, running into a gang shooting that he is participating in. Boy, was she in for trouble, after affiliating herself with him.

This is a rough summary/plot thing I have been really wanting to do for a while. I'd reaaaaally love it if someone wanted to play as a gang member c:

THE COMET'S TAIL
    Romance | Drama | Modern

I'll update later...

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Some samples for you!

Even though she had finished writing the records down for track a couple hours ago, Mi Nguyen's hand cramped up on her once again. As field manager, her duties were to record progress during practices, in this case, for track, write down the speed and distance records for each player, and keep track of what they needed to be working on. She should've been coach by now, since all the regular coach did was look at her note and instruct his players on what they should be doing. The girl actually did all of the hard work.

She prided herself on what she did, however. It was what she was good at doing, and her strict Asian parents couldn't complain about her needing a "constructive after school club," even though she already had four instrument lessons she took seven days a week, every week. Mi was pretty sure they were trying very hard to kill her under all the stress they put her under. Oh well. It was their wishes and she was obliged to follow them. If she didn't, punishment was sure to be handed out quite quickly.

But what she really prided herself on doing was the behind-the-scenes work that nobody knew of. She would sit, hours after practice had ended, coming up with new techniques the players could use. Her genius brain was not to go to waste, even during sports. At the moment, she sat in the coach's office, penciling in the trajectory levels and speed needed to successfully obtain a high jump. This could be adjusted to the runner's height, weight, and anything else needed. Of course, she would have to measure the bar and the track to get the correct numbers need, which was where she was headed. Paper's in hand, the short Asian girl walked out to the field, looking for the correct bar.

What she found was a runner. She searched her internal memory as she studied him from far away, underneath the high bar. Derek. Derek Young, if she was correct. He didn't have the best speed, but one of the greatest distances. Mi blinked, wondering if she should approach. She needed the measurements tonight, and depending how long he stayed would depend on if she could get the numbers. Piano practice at seven. Violin practice at nine. Not to mention the one homework page she hadn't finished during lunch. The black haired girl stayed put where she was, watching the boy closely to see if he would leave soon. If not, she would have to put her work away for the day and try again tomorrow.
    Pounding. Pounding. Pang, pang! Pounding.

The pain in Mina's head was unbearable. Every time she took the slightest movement, her brain would pound against her skull angrily, and she could barely open her eyes from the overpowering sense of dizziness that had cloaked her. As she sat up, the pounding got worse and she clutched at her head, her fingers knotting in her short red hair. Her fingernails scratched at her scalp as she surveyed the area, but she blinked in confusion. The last place she had been was her house, in the bathroom. Mina had traveled into the tiled room in search of some pain pills for the killer migraine she had been having. The orange bottle sat on the marbled counter, reading in big letters: MORGAN, NITA. TAKE ONE EVERY SIX HOURS OR WHEN NEEDED. They were her mother's, meant to ease the pain of a back surgery she had recently received. Pfft, Wilhemina chuckled to herself. I'll take two. What the hell will happen? The girl swallowed the pills dry, capping the bottle again once she had finished.

All she had done was lean down to start a warm bath, when spots appeared in her vision and her head quickly met the cold beige tile of her bathroom floor.

"Where... am I?" Mina whispered to herself, her eyes roaming the lands in front of her. She looked to be in some sort of forest, and only a few yards away was an opening to what seemed to be a large field: empty. Still clutching her head, she pushed herself off the ground, groaning when her dizziness commenced, and she leaned against a nearby tree to catch her bearings. But soon, like magic, the pounding of her head was gone, and she could open her eyes with no pain. Moving around was easier as well, as she made her way into the small field she had seen. Mina brushed the dirty and leaves from the seat of her pants, pulling her wrinkled clothing from her body and smoothing it down. At least she still had the same clothes on. The familiar sky blue hoodie and dark washed jeans brought her a bit of comfort in this new place.

Very slowly and cautiously, Wilhemina pushed her way through the forest and into the field, where she let her brown eyes scan over once again. She caught movement, and hurled herself behind a tree. Peeking from behind it, she squinted, trying to get a good look. It was two people, they looked almost the same. Did they bring me here? she wondered, biting her lip. She didn't want to find out. Mina pressed her small frame into the tree, as if trying to blend in with it. She didn't know who these others were, she didn't know if they were trying to kill her or if they had kidnapped her or anything. Certainly, she would find out sooner or later, but she hoped they would just carry on and wander off in their own business.
    The air of the room they were in was quite cold. With tan walls and the windows that were propped open to let the spring breeze file in, one would think it was pleasantly warm inside the room, yet it was the exact opposite for Claire Harolds. She sat poised on a beige and white loveseat, her companion beside her. Between them was at least a foot of space, both plastered to the polar ends of the couch looking uncomfortable. In front of her was a beautiful wooden table, painted white, with a plate of small snacking sandwiches, cookies, and cups of coffee for each person. Then, on the other side of the table was another couch with four people sitting quite close together. One set were her parents, the other, his.

She couldn't stand it in here any longer.

Before she could even begin to think up ways to escape this, her mother spoke up. "I think it's the perfect season for a celebration. Spring weddings are lovely, really." At the cursed word, Claire noticeably flinched, clasping her hands together in her lap and staring at them. Her soon to be... mother-in-law, piped up. "Why yes, Margaret, indeed so! I can picture it now: an outside wedding in a field, the ceremony taking place before the sun sets, and then the reception under the stars..." The two women went on about all the possibilities, and Claire blocked them out.

She couldn't stand this. Before she had even been born her parents and her groom-to-be's planned a marriage between them. It was... what did they call it? Strengthening the blood bonds of the family. And how messed up was that? Even though they were very distance cousins, marrying someone of relation to her seemed disgusting and she wanted no part in it. But it was what her parents wished of her, and it wasn't like she could get out of it now.

High school had just finished for her, and she would be entering college in the fall... as a married woman. She had no chance to explore life because it was being stripped of her in less than a month! How unfair it was. And to top it all off, Claire's best friend wasn't even here to comfort her. He was gone on a summer break trip, or that's what he had told her. There was no one around who she could talk to, so she just kept her stress inside. After the dreaded W word, she would be able to let it out away at college, hopefully.

Married. Claire was only turning twenty in July! How could she be getting married already? She had no time to even fall in love again and again and again like most other girls did. Would she love her husband? Not in the way she was supposed to, but she would do whatever her parents wanted her to do. She would take care of him, but she doubted there could ever be love for him inside her. She doubted she could even grow to love him. Claire wasn't a woman who had fallen in love. She had never experienced it, and now it would be ripped away from her. Forever.

"Dear Heart, is there something you would like to add? Maybe a type of flower?" Her father's voice interrupted her thoughts. What were they talking about? Flowers? She didn't care about all that right now, she had bigger things to worry about. Claire shook her head, then politely took a sip of the coffee that had been placed in front of her. She hoped if she drank the awfully bitter liquid she would be asked no more questions. And so she gulped it down.

I'm down for that gang member x reg. person thing? c: I've always wanted to do something like that, actually.

Humble Farmer With a Sword mewmint20's Avatar
    Themes
    Post apocalyptic

haven't done one of those in a while, have anything in mind of want me to think of something?