Login to your account

Thread: ||ONE GRIMM JOB//:: Interest Gathering (at its' finest- maybe)!

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar

||ONE GRIMM JOB//:: Interest Gathering (at its' finest- maybe)!

Genre: Classic Fairytales mixed in with Cyber-Punk Shoot ‘Em Up and an Inevitable Revenge Scheme

Welcome to Grimm-01 the last remaining planet that can comfortably house human life-! It is run by the four most major corporations- Aurora Technologies, White.As.Snow Industries, Charming Publications, and Cinderball Corporations- and policed by Red Hood Securities. Since the destruction of Earth all those dreadful years ago- we have found homage in space, on asteroid, on fertile moons, and on planets that truly weren’t meant to house us. But now we have a home-

And now it is unfortunately under attack.

The terrorist organization known as Maleficent has been going about publically attacking the corporations and making a mockery of our hard earned lifestyle. While Red Hood Securities is trying to move against them- they can near about predict the company’s every movement. This is unfortunate. But lucky enough for you (or not) we are in need of huntsman (mercenaries), wolves (criminals), witches (female MAGIC users), monsters (male MAGIC users) and whomever else we can get our hands on to be unpredictable little S.O.B.s to run interference against Maleficent.

Hoping to bring a swift (and violent very very violent) end to this- each corporation has hired what they view is the best person for the job A.K.A. YOU (A.K.A. meatshield) to fight for them. They will pay you quite handsomely, and hopefully allow you to let out some much pent up anger.

Just watch out- the leader of Maleficent is quite a cunning fellow (also explicative)- but don’t believe him. Everything he says is false.

Anyway!

Good Luck!

Audience: Adult

Player Level: Intermediate

Number of Players: 4

This is just an interest gathering thread- and yes I realize that the plot seems rather- eh well- shallow but that is the point! The characters are sort of what make the RP- and there will be roles based on popular Grimm stories, and they will each have things they are good at, things they are bad at, and a secret (that I’ll tell you when you are accepted). Yet these roles should be visualized as story prompts- just an idea to further create a masterpiece. While there are four player slots- there will be close to eight playable roles- because don’t you hate it when you are the last to join and you end up with the role that no one else wanted? Anyway here are a few popular characters (with a nice cyberpunk spin) that are joining our group:

Rose Red

The Cursed Prince

Iron Henry

Hansel OR Gretel

Godfather Death

Each role will have a bit about WHY they are called that character along with their proficiencies and a bonus to their STATs. Later I’ll give you a tid bit on why they are actually joining this near suicide mission to defeat Maleficent (the reason is mostly in the role synopsis with some wiggle room as to what you want to do- but I like to give each person a piece of the story so know to pay attention to the way others play out).

There will be stylized action (of course), humor, a little drama (not much), space travel, exploring, puzzles, game-changing decisions, and inevitably quotable one-lines. MOST OF ALL THIS RP IS GOING TO BE FUN! There is a time for serious-face and there is a time just to have fun in an RP- and this is it.

I also want to note that I want all players in this RP to be able to respond quickly- and by quickly I inevitably mean within a few days max. Mind you I am lenient towards busy weeks, sickness, and vacation- but I REALLY REALLY want this RP to have ‘to-the-point’ posts that happened rapidly. I’ve been trying in all my RPs to achieve this but have failed- so lets’ put it this way: I’m not letting you in if I have any inclination you will not be able to perform this task.

Feel free to ask questions because I’ll let you know this or that; but not too much though- there is a lot that I've prepped and some I've left out for a reason. Or just show interest and let me know that you want me to finish the RP because you might be interested. I love hearing people’s opinions!

<3

P.S.: I know somewhere I said I hated cyberpunk- I still do- but this is going to be a less grungy version and a more stylized punk version. Just to clear that up!

Could it be Hansel AND Gretel, as in multiple personality disorder? Pretty please? I would be very interested :3!

Unfortunately I already have Hansel OR Gretel set up and all figured out.

BUT!

There are names I didn't mention that are on the list (mostly ones that don't fall in the Grimm traditional stories- sadly enough they get weird and obscure if you trail past the main ones) and one of those is Beauty and the Beast- which is pretty darn similar to what you just described. c:

Mhm, that sounds interesting. Can you put a small summary to each of them?

And what are those STATs?
    Last edited by Artsydaze; 10-20-2012 at 03:17 AM.

I don't have every single one of them done- YET. I mean they are mostly done- but here are three with the most finished profiles:

Iron Henry: You are a commando from a private militia that had the honor of forced early retirement. You and the rest of your squadron were nicely (no not really) deposited on some Podunk planet out in the middle of BFE space (yay-?). There you were scratching out a living (if you call being as bored as beep a living) until your squadron was attacked. The rest of the militia was knocked out hella quick and your CO- well she was turned into some mindless veggie that has a drooling problem. Someone had killed your friends and screwed with your commanding officer’s mind- and that someone was Maleficent. You don’t know why- and you don’t know how- but you do know something: you’re going to find Mal and insert a grenade up his you-know.

Rose Red: Your sister got everything a company, a penthouse, a harem of men (hell yes she has a harem), and everything she ever wanted. What did you get? A firm boot out the door. I mean you killed all her opposition, sabotaged ones that were too far away to get a bullet to the brain, and inevitably seduced Charming into marrying your sister (shortly very very shortly). And here you are- bottom of the GD totem pole. So why not go after the most nefarious terrorist of all time? Get that WANTED money- and then start your own damn company? Actually- that is just what you are going to do.

Hansel OR Gretel: As kids you were cute, ideal, and the perfect children- that was until your bastardizing step mom dropped you off in the slums and you were taken in by a powerful (and jacked up) witch. She had the power to suck the vitality from the human form and started with Hansel- of course first she had to give him a bit of vitality to take. With some quick thinking from Gretel- they ended up murdering the sadistic beep and inevitably marking their name down in history from creating the first anti-MAGIC weaponry. Since then they have been taking out witches left and right in hopes of saving others from their fate. But Mal wanted that power- and so convinced one of the siblings to join him. Now you need to get your sibling back- and what better way than joining a team of weirdos and psychopaths to do it. Yay?

The actual game synopsis will involve cursewords- XD

And as much as STATs go- they are just your classic: Strength, Speed, Intelligence. Though I may spice them up seeing as I want to give this RP a fun angle!

Sounds good to me so far, keep it up and bring this to fruition, will you :3?