Login to your account

Thread: Lessons Learned; A Love Story

Lessons Learned; A Love Story

A private roleplay.
    Re!verse & Schizophrenic
    Sun x Yuichi

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

It was exceptionally cold, considering the winter days were on the verge of rolling in. Yuichi tugged tightly onto his coat, wrapping it closely around himself as he walked around the back entrance of this particular building on campus. It wasn't one he frequented, a place that seemed far off from everything else, where the remedial classes were held. In his honest opinion, a certified doctor such as himself didn't plan on having to teach a remedial class this semester, but it seemed the headmaster had other plans.

That's what I get for drinking a little too much and accidentally spilling the truth. That night was mostly a blur, but when he awoke the next day he had a few texts on his phone from other teachers attending the faculty dinner, teasing him saying things like 'I can't believe you said that!'. He played it off as nonsense, but it was all true. He really didn't want to work at this school, and he really didn't even like the faculty dinners the headmaster hosted.

But this is where the truth gets you. He thought, sucking down the last few inches of his expensive cigarette. His red eyes scanned the students piling toward the building. Some rough, some tough, some just looked plain dumb. Either way, he knew this class wasn't going to be the slightest bit rewarding.

A long sigh escaped his lips as the final bits of smoke flood upward around his nose and disappeared into the air. His silent contemplation was soon ended by the abrupt sound of the first bell. He couldn't procrastinate any longer, may as well just get it over with and go in there. "Just get it over with, Yuichi." He said to himself, pulling open the heavy back door and entering the building that at least was warmer than outside.
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 10-18-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

A shiver ran up Sun's spine, and she gripped the sleeves of her hoodie tightly, glancing up at the circle of people that had slowly gathered around the school building. The smell of tobacco was already so familiar to her that she could barely notice it now. With a glance at the gray, dingy looking building, the woman scoffed, a fury building inside her. So she had missed a few days being hungover and drugged up. That wasn't any real cause to kick her out and put her in the remedial classes, was it? She was better than this and she knew it. But the damn faculty at this school sucked. No doubt she would hate her new teacher too. Apparently he was some fancy doctor with a pole stuck up his ass. Or at least that's what was going around.

"Here, girl." A still-burning cigarette was pushed against her pale lips, and she accepted it, taking a long drag. Michael, a party buddy of hers, had thankful not snatched it back up, and Sun relished in delight. She always had to bum off someone. She was too broke to buy her own. With a nod at the boy, he sat down beside her on the cold concrete, and she turned back to the skies above. It was gray; dreary. Maybe it would even rain.

A shrill bell woke her from her stupor, and with a groan, she took two more long drags from her cigarette, snubbed it, and pushed through the now crowding steps of the school to head in. It was warm, thankfully. Gah, she thought. What have I done to my life... Remedial classes when I should be taking advanced ones. Sun was in no hurry to her new class, but even through taking her time she still made it to the room before the late bell could ring. It pissed her off. She would have rather being late to her new class, put on a big show for everyone. Yes, that's what she could've done. But she pushed open the door and slowly made her way to the back of the classroom, plopping in a corner. She loved being almost unnoticeable when she was in the back. If she was hungover, the teacher wouldn't even blink an eye about her.

Without a word, Yuichi dropped down his briefcase on the scratched wooden desk at the front of the classroom, turned to the chalk board, picked up a piece of fresh white chalk and began writing on the board.

Takemura Sensei

The words were swift, quick and precise, almost every letter connected to one another slightly. Placing the chalk back down below the board he turned back around, his eyelids low as he took in the sights of the classroom. It was plain, old, run down and second rate. Not something he was used to. Everything looked dirty, the windows were stained and it smelt like a mix of musk, stale beer and both marijuana and tobacco smoke.

Everyone was either muttering, laughing, tapping or all around just making too much damn noise. This was not what he was used to. So he would stare, stare out onto the other students with his noticeably red eyes. "What are you, some kind of uhh... whassit' called? Aluh... Aluhb..."

"Albino." He remarked coldly, the class suddenly going silent. "Albinism. A congenital disorder characterized by the complete or partial absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes due to absence or defect of tyrosinase, a copper-containing enzyme involved in the production of melanin." Adjusting his glasses he looked around at the blank faces staring back at him, a disappointing sigh soon leaving his lips. "I was born with white hair, pale skin and red eyes." One of the male students scoffed, "Freak." A female student chiming in in response, "Shuddup Sato, you look like more of a freak than this guy." Another girl purred and then giggled with one of her friends.

"Cat calls... cute." Rolling his eyes he brushed the hair from his forehead and looked down at the preassigned curriculum. Absolute rubbish, he thought to himself. Unsure of how exactly to start. "Alright... so I guess they want each one of you to go around and introduce yourselves... any volunteers?"

God, these idiots.

It was as if they lived to tick her off. She rested her chin in the palm of her hand, watching silently the banter going back and forth between the neighborhood stoners, Sato and Haruka, and the obviously stuck-up new sensei. She let a sigh slip through her parted lips, eyes scanning the room for something better to do. If she could, she would pull out her worn Hamlet book out of her bag and read, but none of that would be happening. Sun couldn't possibly read in front of these people. They would look at her like she was out of her mind. Or really, really high.

At the mention of introductions, the female smirked. Then, with a dramatic sigh, she pushed herself out of her chair and swiped her dark hair from her face with a flick of her wrist. "I guess I'll volunteer," she drawled, pouting at the man in the front of the classroom. A male sitting a few desks away let out a snort, then coughed when his female companion smacked him in the back of the head. She raised her right hand, and with a fake frown, said "I'm Sun-Jung Baek, and I am an alcohol addict."

The class bust out in snickers, and her lips curled into a smile. "Oops, I forgot. This isn't an AA meeting. How forgetful I am!" With another smirk, Sun took a small curtsy and flopped back into the desk seat, still drinking in the laughs that went through the room. For a moment, she almost wondered where she had gotten the confidence to do that, but the thought was quickly shoved out of her mind and the craving of tobacco replaced it. She had half a mind to light one up in the classroom, just to see his reaction. It would indeed be funny, but she couldn't risk being kicked out of school. Not now, after she had come so far.

Omg that was such a bad post I am so sorry whywhywhy.
    Last edited by Re!verse; 10-22-2012 at 12:50 AM.

"I guess I'll volunteer"

A pleasant voice amongst the rest rang out, his attention now brought to the back of the room. The moment his eyes met hers was a strange one, the quick glimpse of contact somehow making him feel like she stood out. Certainly she was a girl with good looks, but most girls her age were in their prime. But something about her eyes, they shined brightly... not dull like the other detached faces in the room.

For a moment he thought that maybe this was a good student, one that may have been taken away from school due to health issues, and was actually an intelligent and hard working student. But in seconds, his hopes were dashed with a snarky remark, his hopeful expression soon fading.

"Ah... yes, very funny Miss..." His glance lingered on hers as he began to pick on all the other students. When that was all over, Takemura Sensei went around the room handing out packets, folders and books for the following semesters work. Within the last folder was a list of ways to contact Yuichi outside of school through e-mail or phone.

"If you need extra help or are confused about an assignment, feel free to contact me at any time."
    His hand lingered as he held out a blue folder to Sun, waiting for her to accept.

Sun twirled a strand of thick, shiny black hair around her index finger, staring up at the corner where the ceiling tile met the wall. A stain of some awful looking red substance had caught her attention. To her, it screamed blood. Or something of that sort. While her new teacher went around passing the regular "first day of school" crap, her mind cranked out delightful images and stories about what could have possibly made that stain. Of course, before long, Takemura was in front of her and shoving a folder at her face. Shaken out of her daydream, she rolled her dark eyes and lightly pulled the folder from him, dropping it onto the surface of her desk. Before she could stop herself, her manners had kicked in and she whispered a soft "thank you" and turned her attention to the packet. Almost instantly, she started to flip through the papers, looking for something interesting.

Her left hand played with the edge of the blue folder while her right lifted paper after paper, scanning the bodies of each quickly before moving on. Finally, she reached the last page, and it caught her eye unintentionally. Scanning the digits, she raised an eyebrow. I hope he realizes how many people are going to prank call him late, late at night, she thought, a grin making its way onto her lips. The thought instantly conjured images of drunken kids calling him up at two a.m., pissing him off in ways he probably didn't think possibly. She tucked the paper back into the folder for safe keeping. Maybe she would even try it.

With that, she opened her purse, sifting through and pushing the contents to one side so she could slide the papers into the bag. Once finished, she fished through it, looking for her pocket mirror. A girl had to look her best. Once found, she pulled it out and held it in front of her face, checking her make-up to make sure it didn't smudge and her hair for fly-aways. Sun frowned and ran a hand through her long locks. It seemed the fiasco from this morning had done a number on her, though she hoped no one could tell. After all, her lipstick wasn't too smudged. While fixing it with the same pink she had put on this morning, she silently cursed Haru for the make-out session he decided they would have. It was always random timing with him. With a sigh and a pucker of her lips, she capped the lipstick and threw both items back into her bag, locating the stain once more to focus her attention on.

Wow, a thank you. That wasn't something he had heard his whole way through the class. It was so simple, something that really took no effort at all, but somehow most of these kids had no desire to use a common phrase such as that, so in that one fleeting moment he was shocked and appreciative. It was odd how this girl was beginning to stick out like a sore thumb in his mind, especially when she seemed to fit right in with the rest of the group outwardly.

As he made his way to the front of the class once again, his eyes wandered to the back corner of the class - subconsciously checking up on her. At that moment she happened to be reapply lipstick to her plump lips, the slow moving image catching his attention to the point where he was almost staring.

But then it happened, the bell rang for the midday break where students could go relax and eat lunch if they wished. Luckily, saving him from getting caught staring by any of the other students. Clearing his throat he nodded, watching the students eagerly clear out of his classroom.