Login to your account

Thread: looking to see if there is enough interest

looking to see if there is enough interest

Before I go to the effort of making up my own game world, I want to see if there is enough interest in some of my concepts. Several of them are based upon the worlds of book series I have read and some are ideas more or less completely my own. There are listen in no particular order with supporting details for those unfamiliar with the worlds.

Alera- google codex of alera for details
    this world behaves much like roman times with a hierarchy based upon how powerful various people are. Every person is born with an affinity toward fire, earth, water, air, metal or wood. These elements come with a specific set of powers as well as personality traits such as water users can heal people and tend to be very emotional. If enough interest is shown, I will give a full detailing on the political structure and the powers and personality traits n.n. Because this world goes through major changes at the end of the series, we would be playing in an alternate variant in which Tahvi never existed.

Xanth- google Xanth for details ;p
    We would play in a variant of the world because this series has been going for a long time and I don't want to remember all of the characters >.<. The basic premise is a world of magic where each human is born with a single magic talent ranging from making a purple spot on the wall to creating vast illusions. there are many mythical creatures and puns come to life in this fantasy world. Be prepared for silly adventures and a gnome like old wizard ;p.

Steam punk pirates-
    victorian era alternate universe, two factions of major power. Steam powered robots, zeplins galore, a dark and frightening power ruling the world! This one is a world all of my own making with tons of details. It has the potential to be either light hearted or extremely serious.

Doctor Who style world-
    this only I only really want to play with those who are familiar with time lords.

Battle Royale/Hunger Games style world-
    a group of people, theoretically 18 and under are sent to an isolated place where only one survivor will be allowed to escape. There are measures to prevent runaways and there is a time limit, so kill or be killed! Only normal humans in this world, though your character may have special training in fighting styles or certain weapons. This one, because of the brutal concept, will be adults only.

Steampunk pirates. I'm all in for steampunk pirates!! (Can they be ninjas too? ;P)

I'm not familiar with Alera or Xanth so I'd rather not play on something I know nothing about lol. Doctor Who I'm not that savvy in even if I'm familiar with, and Battle Royale type is not to my usual liking. But steampunk pirates sounds very very promising!

You know what they say, build it and they will come. :P
    Last edited by Tahiel; 06-19-2011 at 03:45 PM.

lol I know, but I have several ideas and only the time to build a single one, so I need to decide which one to focus my time and effort upon ;p.

Battle Royale adults only?!

17 isn't adult enough. Sadface.

sorry abp but the concept of kids killing each other is part of the adult conspiracy whether we agree or not

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

apb >.<

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    As of right now Alera sounds appealing to me but then i mostly stick to medieval Weapons and magic for my characters. >.>

They use roman weapons, awesome armor with skirts, lol. and the powers are some what limited, I can give you more details if you'd like.

@Aerion: Kids are dying everyday due to starvation. That's not 18+, that's reality.

Ok middle ages which is 300ad until what.. 1400ad? not a fan of guns in my RP's unless they have a drawback or im doing a modern RP where that's what everyone uses.

And Cole "Battle Royale" is what the name suggest but with people under 18 and they kill each other not let each other die, they kill and sometimes Brutally.

Cole- yes, but to be true to the hunger games or battle royal style, there has to be a fair amount of gory detail and gore=adult only, sorry.

Cra- lol uhm no guns. Alera is n alternate world. Have you heard of the lost roman legion? Well in the book series, they stumbled into an alternate world where people gained ties to elements. They have some pseudo modern ideas like running warm water through water control and flying coach services run by wind users the move about like strange cars, but their political and social structures, as well as weapons and the like are based heavily on roman times including lorica (sp?), pikes and the like.
    Last edited by Aerion; 06-19-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Oh... i just realized I need to pull back in most of my RP's then, i tend to give detail about Michael Cra's Injuries, because its fun to give him horrible ones since he will recover.

Uahh... So many interesting storylines, so little time. :x I'm interested to see you develop any and all of these games. My heart breaks because I would so dearly love to roleplay steampunk pirates. ::laughs::
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

lmao am I the only one who saw the Xanth reference Aerion made? Adult Conspiracy ftw XD
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Didn't See Aerion's Edit, Well what i meant was if it involves Swords/axes/arrows/hammers/shields or what have you and magic even if just elemental Control it is appealing to me XD

And no i have not read the story just the basic idea of what you descried sounded interesting to me.

Reoccurring NPC S h i n ` K ! S S E S's Avatar
    I am a huge fan of the Steampunk Pirates idea myself. <3

In all hoesty, I'd have to go with Alera or the Pirates, I've always wanted to own an airship/zeplin and terrorise evil vessels!
    Last edited by nero123; 07-07-2011 at 08:43 AM.

See now, steampunk pirates FTW! XD

(ooc)

If I get a Airship/Zeplin and a sword and pistol (or crossbow...or long bow) i'm all for it.
    I'm not very experienced in Steam Punk...so I may be a little...bad at first.
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

OOooooh I are interested! =w=

Sounds a bit sadistic...i mean kids killing eachother...yeah Steam Pirates ftw

Gahhh, I would LOVE to play a Xanth RP! I used to love that series when I was younger! I even have an original character made up for the Xanth universe! XD

OOOooo...a Battle Royale/Hunger Games style world sounds awesome! I love psychological horror movies and an RP based on those ideas could be very interesting. But the steampunk setting sounds cool too. I've always wanted to play a swashbuckling pirate on an airship. Fire the cannons!

*gets hit by cannon ball*

a group of people, theoretically 18 and under are sent to an isolated place where only one survivor will be allowed to escape. There are measures to prevent runaways and there is a time limit, so kill or be killed! Only normal humans in this world, though your character may have special training in fighting styles or certain weapons. This one, because of the brutal concept, will be adults only.
    I would love to participate in this. I've read both those stories also I like the steam punk concepts