I definitely recommend joining Meetup. It's amazing. You get to pick what groups you want to join and what events you want to attend. Like when I searched I look for arts, anime, and nature. Happened upon the photo group and was like - why not.

I think the coolest part with some of the hobby groups is that you can to be social or not. If I want to, I can ask professionals how to use a camera (I was way too nervous to do that) or I can just do my own thing. And no one judges you! It's great. You're just surrounded by like-minded people who respect you.

I would probably say the best part of Meetup is that I don't have to do anything. I don't have to plan. I don't have to research. I don't have to organize people or stress. I just go, if I want to. It's stress-free and since I'm in groups I like, I get notifications for things I want to do. At some point, we're going to do an evening on the beaches. There's even talk of going to the lighthouses -- so the organizer will provide the directions, price, etc. I don't need to look into it or anything (and sometimes the group will cover the costs).

Hmmm, I should look into a Cape Cod group. I'm always there on the weekends, it would be nice to do something besides play DOTA 2 or Mario Cart. xD

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by enkerzed View Post
Can't see, the site's blocked :/
Probably because it links to Facebook. D: