Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOC : Eternal Sands

i figured out how to manage keys, YES
    Last edited by enkerzed; 10-13-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    Awesome! XD

Currently brainstorming a couple of characters- totally just support characters- but I figure they would be interesting to play. I was considering one to run in with the dwarven ranger, but I'll hold off on that one until you get your information up. Any story arcs that need characters? Or more so- ones you want to get started soonish. Currently I am considering a green horn adventurer type and a snarky female officer who is somewhat of a self-proclaimed genius. c:

Anyway just a couple of ideas- wanted to see where you needed characters and I'll fit their background into that situation.

okay so who wants to do a side story with me?

Otis thinks about how much he dislikes Reinhardt.
    *giggle snort*

Anyway- in regards to the mass PM. I would be down for doing a side-RP. Though I am trying to keep in mind I already have two major characters and I don't want to overwhelm myself- so maybe a character that can fade in and out of the background when needed. This would definitely be a minor storyline- so I don't think mine would work for you Ameika.

I'm open for suggestions from anyone- or I'll make my own when I get some time to think on it.

You could try just making the character first and filling in the blanks later. It's what I did with... okay, I haven't done it with Otis yet. I, uh, I should do that. But anyway, don't sweat it too much is what I say.

Oh well i was to late to the game so i couldn't join the ruler main story but i plan on being part of the treasure hunter main story.......though i am willing to work with anything that people will give me for the side stories

Treasure Hunter's not a main story, but I would like someone to RP with me in it. The old wolf's been asleep for a while...

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

And why don't you post something first in one of the side stories, Ameika? First one to post gets to set the scene after all. Just pick whichever takes your fancy, make a character, make a post then voila. All you'd have to do next is wait for someone to join or invite someone over.
    Last edited by enkerzed; 10-17-2012 at 05:16 AM.

oh thought it was lol my bad lol hmmm very true well then i shall have to do that after 7pm tonight when i get off work lol

Changed Avi'sia's character song. For some reason I totally forgot about this song until earlier today- and it fits WAY better than the other one.

Anyway- currently working on an alchemist character and I realized that one of my posts have been updated. I'll totally get on responding tomorrow morning. c:

Awesome, can't wait to see the character you come up with. Btw...

So if Alphonsus was to turn his weapon against anyone it should be the bandits, the marauders, the slavers, and whatever else that lurked in that desert
    Slavery, now there's something to think about. Would it be a bandit or nomad kind of thing, or both? I wonder...

Well I hope they impress- I sort of have an idea rolling about in there just got to get it finalized.

Anyway-
    Yeah I wasn't really sure if I even needed to include the 'slavery' bit in there at all- but I didn't read anything about it (for it or against it) and so I just used it. I figured that it would probably be a desert culture bit- maybe everyone knows it happens and they frown on it (beyond the responsible parties- I'm sure they don't) but nothing ever happens to change it. And I figured that the bandits would make a killing off of it- and sell their quarry to whomever the highest bidder was. I'm sure they would prey on folks that were left over from a raid, or otherwise defenselessly strolling through the desert. I thought maybe they did so on nomads- but now that you mention it possibly being a part of their culture- that sounds like fun. Maybe it is quite the necessity given their lives and the need for able bodies.

All thoughts-
    c:
    Glad I didn't step on any toesies with that.

So I made two new characters just because I liked their pictures:

- Alina Volkova

- Garoza

... does anyone else do that? And also, would anyone like to use them?
    Last edited by enkerzed; 10-27-2012 at 03:09 PM.

No worries- I do that ALL the time. Truth be told I said I would make an alchemist character because I had a good alchemist picture, but immediately afterwards I found another good picture- and another one after that. And of course all of them of different backgrounds and professions.

Ah brain- I need you to shush. c:

Anyway sorry for poofing this weekend- my parents came into visit and that is a sort of affair that consumes all your time. Anyway I'll get to posting soon. XD

lol no worries and it is rather nice to be rpiung with you again Nom >w< and yesh i do that too lol

Job hunting...these buggers are gorram impossible to catch
    yay another RP! and i know some people here! ^-^

anyway hey all! I just plugged Kit into the character list...and i'm trying to figure which story he should go into...any suggestions?
    How often do you smile?
    How often do you smile for yourself?
    How often do you smile for the sake of others?

hmmm come join the sorceress lol

Thank you for being patient- I have a proficency exam at work to take and I forgot that it was this week. So I've been studying quite a bit for that. Anyway- I'm all caught up and should be working on my character this evening. c:

Also updated Avi'sia's profile with a picture of her power armor. Finally found one I like (took me long enough).

Ayep, it's looking pretty awesome.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

oh and btw Venin, about 'rune magic', I like the sound of it and I'd like to add it to the info thread, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea about how to describe it. Mind if I pick your brain and ask how it works?

Job hunting...these buggers are gorram impossible to catch
    feel free to pick my brain for how it works! Give me anough time and i'll do my best towrite a description for you to use/edit/read

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

also...HAPPY HALLOWEEN Everyone!
    How often do you smile?
    How often do you smile for yourself?
    How often do you smile for the sake of others?

Just one more quiz and I am done for the year... freedom, it is near.

Nameless NPC
    Evening, I'm the new guy, playing a bad guy. Also I'm an idea's guy. What's up?

Well, I still have that one more quiz I should be studying for. I think everyone else might be busy too, but hopefully that'll change in a few days.

Evening, I'm the new guy, playing a bad guy. Also I'm an idea's guy. What's up?
    The ceiling. Hur hur hur. And welcome!

Anyway- sorry- yeah I haven't been as active as usual. Got a sinus infection so I've not really been around much- because when I get off of work I just lay on the couch and stare at the ceiling. But I feel oodles better today so I'm going to get to my responses and FINALLY creating that one character- I figured out where and who I wanted her to be. c:

Awesomeness. I'm almost tempted to RP with you in The Alchemist, but I think I've got enough to write ^_^'
    With that said though, I wonder why no one's RP'ing with each other. I mean, I might as well just delete every side story except for the ones where people have already made posts, and even in those, no one's RP'ing with vickiazn or Ameika. The basic idea is that you can make your own story in the setting of the world, which I think is pretty straightforward. Is there something I've messed up or what?

I was actually considering for a while between the Alchemist or the Fall of Antega. Sort of kept creating characters and then nyxing them, and then I got sidetracked with some other things, and inevitably sick. Go me~! Though I've finally figured I'm going to do some part-orc because honestly I never get to play that species in Rps. Something about aesthetics...

And no- the set up of the storylines is a brilliant idea. I honestly just haven't had time to look at the unfilled ones. I'll look at them in a bit when I get off of work and see if either of them are something I could RP too. And I've also been trying to get folks interested in this because I rather like the idea and wish for it to take off. c: I think most of my friends right now are in the middle of some things- most of that being college. But I'll keep prodding.
    Last edited by NomDePlume; 11-07-2012 at 06:22 PM.

So here's something I should've done since the very beginning with the side stories... writing the first post to better describe the settings. Legit never crossed my mind to do that before. Well better late than never, eh. Now here did Venin disappear to? I'm still waiting to know how rune magic works.

Anyways, yeah, good on ya, Nom. The more the merrier! And your character's pretty interesting, I can't wait to see her in action. Hell, all your characters so far are quite interesting. You really seem to care about em and I admire that. Me, I tend to be a bit sparse in detail (Otis was a new low). Really gotta work on that, but my brain's uncooperative sometimes. It's like, "C'mon, think of something... oh screw it." So yeah, next character I create, I'll be taking a few notes from your style. Step up fleshing out my characters a notch.

And Psychoshy, keep the ideas rolling. You really got a good mind for this RP.

Note to self: do not take sinus infection medication and then attempt to type a history for your character. Revamped Myyrah's history- because it got incomprehensible there in the middle. Or at least to me it did. It deviated a bit from what I wanted to say. Also changed Dawnstar's capabilities- didn't really want to make it too overpowered when it obviously isn't like the magical mace of death and destruction. And then just hacked out some mistakes I made. >_> Go me on meds!

And thank you hun! Mawe making me all proud and what not. Watch out I might get an ego! And I wouldn't be too hard on yourself there- you had a lot of characters to make. Usually when I set up an RP I'm rather relaxed on NPCs for a bit. But feel free to steal the style I lay out my characters- I assure you it isn't unique by any stretch of imagination. I'm just somewhat OCD in laying out character bits and bobs. And I love my characters- even Roland- who is by all means isn't very lovable (maybe in an odd way- maybe).

Oh and I checked out those two unfilled storylines. I didn't get any ideas pop into my head immediately so they may not be my cup of tea. Though I'll ruminate on them a bit more- I didn't get a good gist on where to begin. >_>; I think Myyrha took it out of me.

Hmm, well I'll see what I can do to improve em. Make it less general I suppose.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

So how's it all look now?

Oh well I meant vickiazn and Ameika's. I think I've abused yours enough.

Nameless NPC
    Damn it, I worked for like three hours on my post and my computer freezes. Now I have to redo the entire thing. GAAH.