Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slice of life RP: Market Street

The small cafe is a great idea! I'm so excited for this to happen. One question, because I'm new and pretty stupid about how you guys do things here... For a character, am I supposed to make a new one in the character pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Re!verse View Post
    The small cafe is a great idea! I'm so excited for this to happen. One question, because I'm new and pretty stupid about how you guys do things here... For a character, am I supposed to make a new one in the character pool?
    No you don't have to. The character pool is if you have a character that doesn't have a RP to join. If you're making a character specifically for this RP than wait until the RP has been made/posted and then make a character within that RP. Although, you could make it in the character pool and then copy the character into the RP later if you wanted the character to be available for other RPs.
    Last edited by scarlightning; 10-14-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Having trouble posting today. XD

Ah, okay. Thank you. I'll just wait until it's made since this character will be specifically for this RP.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlightning View Post
    Right, I understand. This is why I was running it by you first XD.

Edit: I didn't mean that any of the actual RPing happened outside of the small community. Simple, that he owned a building "somewhere else" but he stayed in that little community while running the business that has ties to the "mega corporation."
    Oh, and he would sneak out of the community at time to oversee his other business? Risky~ I like it xD!

Quote Originally Posted by Artsydaze View Post
    Oh, and he would sneak out of the community at time to oversee his other business? Risky~ I like it xD!
    Indeed. "The mysterious owner of ___ incorporated. Still no identity known, how long can a millionaire keep his identity a secret?"

And the CEOs will get really upset x3!

Now I need a name for the Big Company. Any idea?

Multi-plant industries
    Weownyou incorporated (loljk.)
    Darius Enterprises.
    Cycomp Corporation.
    Last edited by scarlightning; 10-14-2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlightning View Post
    Multi-plant industries
    Weownyou incorporated (loljk.)
    Darius Enterprises.
    Cycomp Corporation.
    I like Cycomp for your business c:

Lubelium Corporation,
    Governance Marketing Company,
    Jabberwock Industries.
    Last edited by Artsydaze; 10-14-2012 at 08:16 PM.

I like the first one. Reverse is right. Cycomp would be a good name for mine. I claim it!
    Last edited by scarlightning; 10-14-2012 at 08:26 PM.

I always have trouble with names.

Lullabell Cafe
    Cato Matchmaking
    Red-Night Cafe

I don't think any of these are even okay sounding. Lol, it was worth a try.

I always have trouble with names.

Lullabell Cafe
    Cato Matchmaking
    Red-Night Cafe

I don't think any of these are even okay sounding. Lol, it was worth a try.
    I like Lullabell Cafe.

I officially claim Lullabell Cafe as my shop name. Done and done.

Any other major details we need to work out art?

I was thinking of having Credits as the currency. We should work out a price chart as in what should be the starting amount each merchant get and what everything would be worth. I don't want to overbalance the currency ^^'...

I'll work on a list of common items and such if that's ok with you. Credits is good btw.

I think we should base it off who gets what to start with.
    Maybe every shop owner is allowed 100 credits a month to buy/trade their materials?
    Rent would cost about 500 credits? As they have to make a profit or they would be kicked out.
    How does that sound?

Well, it depends on if we're doing the "rent" thing or the "portion of your profit" thing. If it's a portion then rent would be free. If not then the first three months of rent should be free so you can get started. Rent should be about 400 not counting utilities and stuff. And anything extra (shop upgrades, merchandise, etc.) is handled separately allowing each person to come up with a monthly budget and then each month the money/profit/deficit is determined.

Edit: I'm working on some sort of money system right now. Will post later and opinions can be made.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

EFTPOS (Electronic Fund Transfer Terminal) - 40Cr/month
    Retail counter scale – 130 Cr
    Extremely sensitive Retail scale- 230 Cr
    Cash register – 220 Cr
    Cash drawer (linked to register or key use) – 80 Cr
    Fireproof medium sized industrial safe – 180 Cr
    Fireproof Large industrial safe – 480 Cr
    Paging system – 140 Cr (not counting phones or installation)
    Hand scanner gun- 60 Cr
    Barcode dispenser/creator – 90 Cr
    Barcode Categorizing machine – 180 Cr (not counting maintenance to keep the system in check)
    Access cards – 5 Cr each
    Access card reader – 90 Cr
    Small internal server rack – 150 Cr (not counting installation/hardware/software)
    Large internal server rack – 600 Cr
    Server software – 120 Cr
    Internal networking cabling – 70 Cr/ 100 Cr for installation to prebuilt building
    Large box of printing paper – 60 Cr
    Compressor- 80Cr for small/150Cr for medium
    Label printer – 80 Cr
    Ink jet printer- 50 Cr
    Scanner – 100 Cr
    Dot matrix Printer – 250 Cr
    All in one laser printer - 300 Cr
    Industrial laser printer- 600 CR
    Rent- 450 Cr
    Water – 80Cr living minimum
    Electric- 90-200Cr depending on home/business power usage
    Heat- 120 Cr
    Internet – 70 Cr for low speed, 110 for medium speed, 140 for high speed. Higher speeds available for more money.
    Cable- 60 Cr
    Phone- 50 Cr
    Note: 30% off if you bundle phone cable and internet.
    Homeowners insurance – 30 Cr
    Car insurance – 40 Cr

If you have any suggestions feel free. All of these are based loosely on prices in the USA using USD. Anything basic not on the list (microwaves, computers, tvs, that sort of thing) can be based on the USD price avg of a google search for said item. If I've forgot any bills that people normally pay than remind me ( I just paid all my months bills like a week ago and I can't keep track of all the money that flows through my house. I'm terrible with money I just pay everything electronically.) Also, if you don't know what something on the list is than you have to learn it IN THE RP, for realism reasons. Keep in mind that my character is going to run a computer/networking/IT shop so any questions you have can be directed towards him (you're in good hands since I'm a certified network tech and self proclaimed computer expert in real life.) Unless of course you think your character should have previous knowledge of what the item is but you don't know what it is. In which case ask away and give an explanation of why you think your character knows what it is.

Everything above is proposed and I claim no real power to make rules. All of this must be approved by Art.
    Last edited by scarlightning; 10-14-2012 at 10:16 PM.

That would be great, thanks.
    Last edited by Artsydaze; 10-14-2012 at 11:10 PM.

So the list is good?

Looks good! They would have a 2000C start and would have half of their revenue, the other given to Lubelium Corporation for upkeep and rent. I'm thinking of starting with most of the shops manned by androids as they recruit more merchants for more exotic wares and services. The android-manned shops would be the basics aka a grocer, a furniture shop and the like.

Lol androids? You mean the shops that we don't run are manned by androids? Don't you think that's a little too futuristic? Would make the town feel kind of lonely too.

Well, not Star Wars style androids, of course, but maybe the high tech robots we see today with some king of AI, kind of like shop-wide vending machines. Those would be in place only until a human would take over the shop as they are kinda buggy.

I'm working on the intro now, how does that sound as an ad?:
    Lubelium Corporation presents Market Street, a brand new market district in an idyllic location north of New York where all your dreams of being a Tycoon could be made reality! Apply today and be one of the first to take advantage of the marvellous opportunities given by Market Street, the future Merchant's Heaven. Numerous opportunities for growth are available for the bold in this project that will soon become Lubelium City.

Become a citizen of Market Street and be taken care of for the rest of your life!

Sounds good! The android idea is ok I guess. Sort of like a jump start because they are artificially making a city from scratch. Just don't forget to start adding NPCs through the course of it. I don't think well get enough people in the RP to fill in EVERY shop.

Oh, I know that, that's why I will encourage you guys of making multiple characters !

Better start thinking up a second character! When will you post the actual RP.

There it is, I'll work on it in the next few days:
    http://www.wtfrpg.com/forum/showthre...pgtab=overview

Sorry I was away for so long. I caught up on a tv show.
    Everything sounds so good. Nice work, scar. I couldn't do something like that.

Sorry I was away for so long. I caught up on a tv show.
    Everything sounds so good. Nice work, scar. I couldn't do something like that.
    With the list? Also, Art, why is the player level of the RP beginner. I thought this was going to be an intermediate level RP.
    Last edited by scarlightning; 10-15-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Oh, I don't put much notice in the level system, as long as there's a least a good paragraph I don't mind.