Login to your account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slice of life RP: Market Street

Slice of life RP: Market Street

I want to make a RP where our characters are merchants setting up shop in a new community in a small city somewhere, I think them having money, a house and wares to sell would be fun and would make things more realistic. Anyone interested to work this out with me? I want a small group for this.

I'd be interested in this. I've never RP'd anything modern or any slice of life type stuff but I'd try my best.

Great! I'll need more interested to start this, though. Let's wait and see.

I have Dishonored so I can wait :P

Clumsy Apprentice
    An interesting concept! I'd be willing to support this! Depending on the era it is set in as well, I have a char I could potentially use... Hm...

I was thinking modern, but any suggestion is welcome!

Modern is good in my opinion. But, I don't really care.

How many people do we need before this becomes serious?

At least four including myself, I think.

Fair enough. I hope this gets more interest. It's the first slice of life RP I've seen that I've actually wanted to join/was excited about.

I'm glad to hear that !

After that we should start making the street layout and claim out spot.

Thanks for the sig link, by the way!

No problem! It deserves it.

Is everyone going to play a merchant? And, are all the shops going to be near each other?

It will be a small shopping district of sort, with plenty of shops with small flats here and there. We will indeed all play merchant though we can also play some outsiders regular customers if we want to. I'm thinking of a rather cramped but wide street filled with tiny shops and stall and a lot of stories where various flats and even more shops would be settled upon.

That could be the new pet project of a mega corporation that would give a little plot of land in exchange for a part of the profit and a rent, maybe?

What would it be rated? and would it be like purely economical or is it just kinda like "this is a slice of life rp BUUTT you play a store owner. have at it."

Gaining a Reputation
    Sounds like a Spice and Wolf thing. Friendly neighbours and merchants having fun and cheery conversation, zany romantic situation dealing here and there, economic crisis and drama. I am also thinking up some sort of Old Man by the Sea/Fish Merchant character in my head if this seems to work out or maybe Delinquent Bike Shop Owner.

Both seems good. I've never read this manga though I've vaguely heard of it. Funny you find my idea similar xD!

Am I to think that you three are interested and that we can start seriously planning?

This sounds quite interesting. I don't think I have a character that would necessarily fit, however.
    And this will be in modern times? Interesting as well. Where would it be set, exactly? What type of place? c:

I'm obviously interested :P I think we can start planning now. I think the market square idea you had was good but maybe it's like a plaza? Also, each persons apartment should be a different location in the RP in my opinion. Like in completely different buildings. Having them all in the same apartment building just seems a bit weird to me.

Glad you like it, Re!verse!

I was thinking of a sort of industrial project actually, so that's why the housing would be there as well. The merchants would be paid and given a place to stay and do their trade by this big company and would be tasked to make a flourishing business of a small renovated village that would be steadily renovated to make this great merchant city. They would start in a small street that would be the heart of the village and grow from there, with small lofts over the small shops. With the profit made from their sales and the annual help from the company their will be encouraged to make more shops and stalls and will give their opinion on the matter of bettering the small market district.

I think a tiny bit of futuristic technology would be fun too, as the mega corporation is super rich and will get richer as time go on.

You guys' thoughts?

Sounds interesting. It would require lots of close attention to money and such and lots of book keeping to keep it believable. Wouldn't just want somebody randomly saying "Oh look, I have enough money for another shop now." I like that idea though. I've always enjoyed the idea of a small business and a home all in one. Over all, I like it.

Yeah, it's take some though for it to work but that's what I want to play x3!

Hmm... I like the futuristic side of it a lot. I think it could be a lot of fun!

I'd want to run a computer repair and home networking shop :3 and maybe slowly build it up to something bigger (something to do with computers obviously. Maybe a software engineering company or something). sound reasonable?

Yup, affiliated to the bigger company, of course. They won't let anything out of their grasp.

Wouldn't it be possible if I just keep the old business they helped me with and started another business on my own. If I start it by myself they can't legally be like "HEY YOU OWE US MONEY CUZ WE HELPED YOU."

I'm not sure what business I should run... Could I maybe do a matchmaker service based on computerized files?
    I don't know if anyone has read "Matched," but it would kind of be like that. A faulty business of sorts.
    Since we're going for a more future sort of game here, most people would have things like their records on file in a database. The business would use those to match two people together. It would be sort of like a little game teens could play or something.
    Just an idea for myself.

@scar: Well that would have to be underground as the land belong to the bigshots but that would be doable.

@Re!verse: That would work, you could make a small "romantic" cafe as well!

I planned to start it out as a sort of "below the table" sort of thing and then slowly move up and maybe buy some land of my own somewhere else? If that's ok with you of course.

The problem with that "somewhere else" is that the rp will be exclusively played in the small community, though :/...

Right, I understand. This is why I was running it by you first XD.

Edit: I didn't mean that any of the actual RPing happened outside of the small community. Simple, that he owned a building "somewhere else" but he stayed in that little community while running the business that has ties to the "mega corporation."
    Last edited by scarlightning; 10-14-2012 at 07:34 PM.