Login to your account

Thread: Paradigm Shift

Paradigm Shift

PARADIGM SHIFT

a work in progress

Although I have been relatively inactive on here, do not fall victim to the fact that I am not in the process of fleshing out a story. Unlike the majority of my stories, this story will fall into the same categories as Don't Let Your Hope Fade and Fragments of Time; meaning, there will be a lot of information provided that will help give the players an overall idea for not only the world but the people and history of the citizens as well. Due to the story's complex nature and potential, information will be updated with the passage of time.

Expected opening date, at this point in time, is unknown. I do hope that I will be able to have this roleplay completed prior to December but I cannot be certain.

Please check back here to see the progress of information.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-23-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Introduction
    In a universe parallel to our own exists a population that thrives and lives much like we used to. Technologies exist but not to the same extent that ours do. Weapons are state of the art as are vehicles but all else, such as computers and cell phones, seem to be only in the hands of those employed by the government. But that information is rather unimportant to our story for our story focuses on another aspect of this life-sustaining planet.

A rare genetic code has mutated to the point where it has finally produced a set of humans who are unlike any other. Infused with the instincts of one animal, these "gifted" few also have the elements on their side.

These humans with a gene from one select animal are able to use these elements for their own personal gain or to help others. Of course, that decision lays within the heart of the wielder.

Our story focuses around a small town in the northeastern most region of one of seven continents. A large countryside with more chickens than people would best sum up this town. The people here are tight and everyone seems to know everyone's business.

Three main large-scale farmers seem to reign domain over this town as, unlike the government of so many worlds (democracy), the people of this planet still live much like they had during the days of old where a lord would rule over his people. This city-state lifestyle, as one might assume, came to be rather problematic. Other territories within a close range of this small fortress often sought control of it for those that controlled Izzera controlled the crops.

Dark times seem to be upon the world as the corrupt are becoming more greedy and sinister. Seeking to control more land, these lustful lords would slaughter anyone that opposed them. And, to make certain their people remained loyal to them, they would evoke fear within the citizens. Annual games were played among those of age (sixteen to twenty-six year old). Those within this range were believed to be the rebels -- the ones that would turn on a dime if given the chance.

Needless to say, the games are afoot right now and loyalties between one another our showing. It is rumored that whoever helps you complete the game will be your future spouse. Although this is not always true, it does produce a marriage almost seven out of ten times. So the odds, for the most part, are pro-couple.

With the start of the games just underway, the "of age" citizens of Izzera are already beginning to sense the danger involved with this risky ritual of sorts. Having to trek across the land from one coast to another and then back, these individuals are expected to face hardships. Hardships might include other "of age" participants from another city-states, wildlife, disease, betrayal, and so much more.

Now, you're probably wondering, what does all of this have to do with anything. And why haven't those "special beings" been brought into this all.

Well, sit back and continue letting your eyes dance over the words my hands have formed for you. My mind will slowly reveal all that you need to know….