Login to your account

Thread: Over The Wall and In Over My Head (1x1 request)

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.

Over The Wall and In Over My Head (1x1 request)

Hello! For those who don't really know me, I'm Sure2HerWord (or Sure, for short) and I've been on this site for more then a year now. I've had great beginnings, miserable failures and dead roleplays- and I'm still attempting to improve.

I've created this thread so that I can ask for a partner for a 1x1 idea I had during class (I have discovered that this is an absolutely terrible time to have an idea- The teacher still goes on with the lesson, even as you're jotting down ideas. ^w^"), and I have just about everything figured out. I'm really hoping to get this started since I'm absolutely in love with the idea, and I would hope that you would be interested in it.

Allow me to set the scene.

There's a wall that surrounds the city in a huge perfect circle. Dark grey, metallic, yet dull from many years of standing there without any damage. There isn't a way out or in, but when someone dies, they disappear. No one knows where to, or how they get there.

And no one really cares.

The city is actually made up of artificial humans, or robots programmed with artificial intelligence. Each one is instructed to not disobey any order or demand given to them, and they're all as normal as it can get. Anything out of the norm is allowed, but rarely encouraged. Occasionally, there is a festival for music or colors or just anything different that is put together by the governing body- called Central- but it is shortlived and life just goes on.

Everyone and everything is recycled. If an AI dies (the technical term I use is "discontinued") its parts and programming is recycled and put together for another robot. There are a few glitches in this system, like the two AI that are created with memories of what was outside the Wall.

These two have not only these memories, but plans and ideas on how to get out of the prison that keeps them in. What will they discover on their way out? And more importantly- Is there even a way out?

Requests as a learning writer.

Due to the fact that I'm busy busy busy with the many stresses of high school, I am asking for a roleplaying partner who doesn't really mind waiting a bit before I can post next. Unlike middle school, I actually have homework now and its pretty much tearing me into pieces.

Posting quality is preferred to be at a high level. I'm not a high level poster, I know. But I learn from example. You post at a high level, I'll try my best to post at, if not near, the same level as you. High level is determined by one's confidence in writing, great grammar and spelling (if you're not good at spelling, then at least some use of spell check) and great patience with me.

I'm pretty flexible with plot twists, characters and places, so if you have an idea, please, by all means, shoot me a message. I'll have my own character link up soon and ready to go, possibly soon.

Please leave a message here if you're interested in the idea, or if you have anything to contribute. ^w^
    Last edited by Omlyt; 09-25-2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Added more information

I am interested in this - any chance we could do this?
    ─╔╗╔═══╗
    ╔╝║╚╗╔╗║
    ╚╗║─║║║║
    ─║║─║║║║
    ╔╝╚╦╝╚╝║
    - One Direction is amaZayn, phenomiNiall, fabuLouis, extraordinHarry, and brilLiam!
    ╚══╩═══╝

If you have any ideas for characters, potential plot twists and the such, then sure.

What would our characters both be? The two AIs with memories
    ─╔╗╔═══╗
    ╔╝║╚╗╔╗║
    ╚╗║─║║║║
    ─║║─║║║║
    ╔╝╚╦╝╚╝║
    - One Direction is amaZayn, phenomiNiall, fabuLouis, extraordinHarry, and brilLiam!
    ╚══╩═══╝

Lynn- my character- is a male and your character could be either. Lynn is installed with the test emotions rebellion and critical thinking, and your character can have any testing emotions (though I would your character to have love).