Login to your account

Thread: The Beauty Inside

The Beauty Inside

Hey guys, normally - I'd post this in my hangout thread but because I wanted to ask a few questions along with this, I made an independent discussion thread for it.

All I ask is that you watch these six episodes, none of them are longer than ten minutes so it doesn't take long. It's a story that gave me so many warm fuzzies on the inside - but also brought up a lot of questions.

To start things off, I thought I'd just ask some simple questions regarding inner beauty. In one of the episodes, Alex makes a point that impressions are easier to make when you are good looking. Do you think that is a true statement? When it comes to first impressions, do you find it easier or more convenient to judge a book by it's cover as opposed to finding out what is inside? Have you ever had an experience where you found you were being judged by first glance?

Feel free to answer any of these, or ask other questions inspired by this short series.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Well well now. This is where I shine. *Puts on cockypants* I know a thing or two about first impressions, mostly because I've moved quite a bit in my lifetime so far and I do have to say that I think it's a little easier for the "good looking" people to assume something about you by first glance. It's sad to say because well... we all know there's more to someone than just their appearance. But unfortunately, it's not just the "good looking" people that do it. We all do. It's human nature to pursue people who are attractive and fulfill a certain appearance. In reality we're all just trying to find someone that will better us, or what we'll reproduce. Am I right?

I can honestly say that, yes I do judge someone by first glance. I do make up for it though by getting to know them and not making assumptions based on their appearance. I love meeting new people and I'm generally more attracted to lovely personalities anyways. I don't think anyone can say that they don't judge by appearance, we're designed to.

I hate to say this, but: Yes, attractive people definitely have an edge.

From personal experience, I know that I judge people based on the way they look. I'm more likely to talk to someone at a party that's good-looking than someone who's not. It doesn't mean that I'll only talk to attractive people, but, given the chance (and I had to choose between two complete strangers), I'll take the pretty girl or the sexy guy over the alternative.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.