Login to your account

Thread: Favorite Gaming Fuel?

Favorite Gaming Fuel?

I think it's safe to assume that we've all had gaming sessions (RP or otherwise) that run long into the wee hours of the morning. When you're engaged in those particularly long sessions, do you ever feel the need to fuel up? Got a favorite snack you like to munch on while you're slaying ogres? Need your Mountain Dew before you could possible continue exploring the Mountains of Madness? Tell me all about it!

Personally, I find I do my best writing when I'm not distracted by hunger, so I'll usually munch on trail mix or occasionally a bowl of Cheerios when I'm gaming.
    So you’ve heard of every instrument but?
    Torn from your history books is this pianola,
    This harpsichord of harm.
    The cruellest instrument to spawn from man’s grey cerebral soup.
    The Cat Piano.

Er....honey pretzel sticks....because...they're wheat and erm....Mountain Dew. The original HFCS kind or the natural sugar Throwback.

I'm picky.

Drink of choice, a nice Starbucks mocha bottled drink. Gives me the kick I need. And depending on my mood I can be snacking o anything from chocolates to Beef Jerky to peanuts. Although the most sensible snack choice for me is the beef jerky, it doesn't have a wrapper that I have to fiddle with or get my hands all salty like peanuts do. >.> Beef Jerky is so not lady like, and gives you the smelliest breath....

Also, I'd like to say I don't mind Mountain Dew and it used to be my main source of energy but I had to stop drinking it late in the night because when I wake up I have this awful burning sensation in my throat.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I used to snack rather constantly while I gamed. When I was a teenager and had a metabolism that would let me eat whole cows, that was fine, but now that I am aged and infirm, I try to stick to just water. xD;

When I do snack, it's often pickles and sometimes crackers or rice crackers or dried cranberries.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    I used to snack rather constantly while I gamed. When I was a teenager and had a metabolism that would let me eat whole cows, that was fine, but now that I am aged and infirm, I try to stick to just water. xD;
    LOL. I know that feeling! Aged and infirm... xD Love it.

When I find myself in need of a good munch to keep me going, one recurring snack is Goldfish. And I really drink a lot of water, too... I'm super effected by caffeine, so I try to stay away from energy drinks 'n stuff, but when I do break them out, I prefer Bawls. ((I feel like I just stepped into one of those Most Interesting Man In The World commercials... "I don't always drink beer, but when I do..." O.o ))
    Last edited by Nixie Styx; 06-19-2011 at 02:53 AM.

XD I'm a pepsi addict, myself. I'll eat almost anything put in front of me when gaming, but I prefer things with a lot of sugar in them, and coffee for the morning games, cause I have a reversed reaction to it!
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

xD After hearing 19 year olds complaining about how they're "getting old" it's hard not to feel old as dirt. xD

I would so snack on goldfish, but I often forget to request them or pick them up myself when I go shopping. D:
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    I'd have to say a Little Concoction one of my friends came up with if i had the time before hand, Its 1/3rd Mountain Dew, 1/3rd Unbound (energy drink at AMPM), 1/6th red gatoraide, 1/6 Orange whip. It tastes great and it gives you a little bit of umph.
    and if i was hungry lets see.... any type of chips honestly XD

oh yeah if you try this watch out the Orange whip will make it explode if you aren't careful XD
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-19-2011 at 03:25 AM.

Explosive drink attack! XD Sounds awesome.
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

I like mocha frappes if I can get them. Coffee, chocolate and ice together is perfect for late nights during the summer (and for dessert in the winter). I have to make them ahead of time, since my live-in girlfriend goes to bed sort of early most nights.

As for foods, I'll eat anything I'm brought. I'm too lazy to get up if I don't have to. And I'll grab whatever's handy when I do have to get up. I stock pretzel bites or those thick sticks and that's usually what I'll get for myself.
    This here is Satan, - we might say the devil, but that ain't right, and gennelfolks don't like such words. He is now commonly called 'Spring-heeled Jack;' or the 'Rossian Bear,' - that's since the war.
    Henry Mayhew

My usual "midnight snack" has always been a PB&J Sandwich, Banana, and a glass of milk. If I just need something to drink, I usually drink tea. I can't do much caffeine, though. Last time I tried to fuel myself on that stuff I felt like I was going to have a heart attack and die. Not that I'm missing out much, because I don't drink soda and I dislike coffee.

Reoccurring NPC
    Drink doesn't usually do it for me~
    I do snack though.. I'm not sure if it makes a difference D:
    I love to have whatever drink cold though..
    I'll probably never know if it makes a difference.. XD
    But good times <33

Orange whip <3
    I love half orange whip and half Dr. Pepper <_<;
    <3
    One who encounters tradegy can become a great force.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Nanaki's Avatar
    Whatever soda we have, preferably orange cream ^.^ or mountain dew though that's banned in our home and can only be procured through friends T.T and butterscotch. I'm also partial to rice krispies with lots and lots of sugar. XD Or steak, I'll get up and make that too.
    Most people see the world as right side up, I prefer the left side.

"Don't worry, you'll like denial... it tastes like bacon" The quote that made me fear for my sanity...

I think my psyche's broken!

This just got two steps too freaky...

If you ever find a genie, wish for more genies, not more wishes. Wish to nullify the rules, and never, ever, wish your characters to life. It'll end bad... trust me.

Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Monster, or Red Bull...maybe even a beer or two if I want to drink something with flavor. Bleh... water. =/ Snack wise, I CRAVE Coco Fruity Pebble treats. I don't know why. I can't function without them.