Login to your account

Thread: One more question, one more suggestion

One more question, one more suggestion

Sorry to be annoying! XD I'll get to the point:

Question: Is there or will there be a limit to how many fully-featured RPs one can have/run/co-host? (and btw, how do you make someone a co-host?)

Suggestion: When I have a character pending for a game (tho so far I've only had my own characters pending lol) I haven't seen it stated anywhere.
    I think a red "(#)" for showing how many pending characters are, appearing next to "Character" on the tab may be helpful if it's not yet implemented? So it would look like:

Character
    When there's no pending and

Character (1)
    When there's one pending (and the number changes with how many pending characters are, of course)

Which kind of springs another question/suggestion: Is there a way to get emailed and/or PMed when you have new characters pending or certain activity in the game(s) you run?

Not annoying at all. :3

1) Nope - have as many games as you want! Of course, some people will "abuse" that by not giving some their proper attention, but a little research on the players' part would show a game host's track record.

1b) To add someone as a co-host, go to, "Manage Roleplays" > cohost.png "Manage Co-Hosts".

2) If you go to your "Characters" tab in your game, you'll see the "Pending" notice underneath a character's information. xD You can also sort your character's tab by "Pending".

2b) But a notification that you have a new pending character would be useful. :3

What other notifications would you think would be useful to have a notification for?
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Hmm, maybe be able to set if you want to get an email when someone joins and/or submits a character for approval (depending if the game has approval of characters or not)?
    I haven't tried it yet but I'm assuming you already can get notified of replies in RPs themselves if you set it for the rest of the forum, so just the characters would be "lacking" the notice.

The suggestion of (#) next to the character in the tab title was mainly because I know myself and I keep forgetting to actually check tabs (and what's in them) unless it has a blatant "YOU HAVE PENDING STUFF HERE" lol <-has a lousy memory-| I did notice the pretty red pending under the character itself though (but I'd still have to remember to, y'know, open the tab lol)

And thanks! I hadn't seen the manage part before. Silly me!

I haven't found a way to get notified of replies to rp threads oddly enough. I get notifications from all the "normal" threads but none from the RPs. I was wondering if i was just doing something wrong or if it was not an option as of yet.

No? Hm, I assumed it would notify since they seem to be spiffied up threads. In that case, a notification by email of new game thread activity would rock too.

I just ate dinner, so I'm waiting for it to kick in and make my brain function halfway normally. xD So pardon me if I say something that's very "duh". xD;

- I'm thinking it might be useful to, by default, get a Notification like you do for a Friend Request or Private Message show up at the top of the screen for pending characters, either by an actual automated PM or just a notification that will redirect you to the Characters Tab. I know that depending on your settings you can get emails about friend notifications, so I'm betting it can be added to the settings to get email notifications for pending bios. :'

- I'll see if there's a way to get the full-feature rpgs on the notification/subscription grid. :' (I know it's not something I can do, but I can certainly put it on the, "hey, alxjvr, plz? (insert puppy eyes)" list. xD It's not something I even thought to look for when beta testing.

I think it's something you're "supposed" to keep track of through your "My Roleplays" section, since it has a recent posts feed.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

ya I track it through the recent posts things but it would be nice to be able to go through them with my e-mail when I get home from work and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    - I'm thinking it might be useful to, by default, get a Notification like you do for a Friend Request or Private Message show up at the top of the screen for pending characters, either by an actual automated PM or just a notification that will redirect you to the Characters Tab. I know that depending on your settings you can get emails about friend notifications, so I'm betting it can be added to the settings to get email notifications for pending bios. :'
    I would like that. I really am a spazz when checking on things (annd get easily distracted, as we've already stated lol), so if I don't have notifications nagging just about anywhere I end up hardly remembering to check even when I see stuff. XDDD;;

Quote Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
    - I'll see if there's a way to get the full-feature rpgs on the notification/subscription grid. :' (I know it's not something I can do, but I can certainly put it on the, "hey, alxjvr, plz? (insert puppy eyes)" list. xD It's not something I even thought to look for when beta testing.
    Would also be great!

:3 I put them on alxjvr's To Do list, so I know he'll work on it sometime this week.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

We should also get a notification for visitor messages. It'd be nice as they seem to get ignored at times.

I think you actually do get notifications of Visitor Messages....? I do, anyway! Well, "Notifications", not emails.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Notification for when a character in pool gets invited to a game? I don't know if you already get it, but in case you didn't, I thought I'd suggest it. lol

(ooc)

When someone invites you to a game from the Character Pool, they send a PM (which hopefully includes a link to their game). It would definitely show up as something you're notified of in the same way as a regular PM. :3 It would depend on your email settings if you get an email about it. (I have not tested email settings myself, but I know it should be a part of the software. xD; )
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin