Login to your account

Thread: Recent Updates! (Pre-June 18th)

Recent Updates! (Pre-June 18th)

Announcement time! Yay!

You may or may not have noticed some changes around the site. Some of them have been around for a few days and some of them just fell off the turnip truck. (Okay, that doesn't make a lot of sense, but "turnip truck" is such a great phrase, I can't resist!)

Here's an overview of the turnips! (I mean, recent updates!)

New features:
    - New genre tag in the Character Pool: "Humor"!
    - New OOC forum added!
    - The [line][/line] BBCode works!

Bugs fixed:
    - Users can add avatars!
    - Users can edit their thread titles at any time!
    - Featured RPGs list properly!
    - (Various little bugs that users probably won't have had problems with yet!)

Misc:
    - Spammers dumped!

I'll tell you about all of these things in my next post!

New Features

Humor Genre Tag - A user requested a "Humor" tag for characters in the Character Pool. It sounded like a great idea, so now you can tag your characters with "Humor" if the type of game you're looking for is meant to be silly good fun! As the user said, it's a great way to let other players know that the character you have in mind isn't meant to be taken too seriously.

New OOC Forum - Another user-request that sounded like a good idea. I added the "Shooting the Breeze" forum for users to make hangout threads or general topic threads! Have fun!

BBCode for Lines - Those of us who like to add line breaks to our posts can now do so! Just type [line]COLOR HERE[/line] (for the color you can add a color code or just type in a color like "green") and you'll get yourself a snazzy new linebreak for separating your text. Check it out in action below!

Bugs Fixed

Users Can Add Avatars - Either this is something I forgot to turn on, or it didn't get ported over from the test site. Now you can add avatars for the forums. :3

Thread Title Edit - Another something that wasn't meant to be a 'bug'. Users can now edit their thread titles whenever they like.

Auto-Scaling Avatars - The site will now resize your avatars for you when you upload them to get that nice 100x100 size. :3 Of course, for the best results, you should upload images at 100x100 yourself, so you can get the best crop and compression.

Featured RPGs Bar - The Featured RPGs bar now works as it should! Before, it was having problems displaying two games. Not really a problem now, but if the bug hadn't been corrected, in the future there would have been problems. xD;

Various Bugs - I could probably list all of the little bugs that have been corrected, but these probably would either not make much sense to you guys (some of them I wasn't even sure what they did), or you wouldn't have noticed a problem with them yet. Fixing them now means fewer problems down the road, but there's no sense in boring you with things that you wouldn't have had a problem with. xD

Misc

Spammers - Thanks to the Spam-O-Matic, we've prevented more than 500 spammer accounts from even signing up! Huzzah! But sometimes they get through and sign up anyway. I've been slowly going through and deleting the obvious spammers (users with names like "xzzzzdkfr" and have profiles that are equally fishy), so you may see changes in the user-count. Nothing to worry about - but I just wanted to let you guys know why the userbase is about 100 'members' smaller than it was before. I'll keep deleting them as I have the time to.

Just as a notice: there are several bugs that have been reported and features (and BBCodes) requested.

Since it's the weekend for our coder, he may not look at the bug reports until tomorrow at the earliest (so more than 24 hours from this post). Please keep reporting issues as you find them and if you're experiencing the same problems as other users, please add any information you have about the problem to the thread. Hopefully that will help the coder pinpoint the issue if it's elusive!

There are other little mini features coming in the pipeline (one of which I'm extremely excited about, actually!) and several new BBCodes to help you format your posts even more! As soon as all of those things on my, "I know this is coming!" list are finished and make their way to live, I'll make another announcement.

I just figured I ought to post this now before people took this as "...not actually news, Neko..."
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Thank you so much for all the hard work and the update as well ^_^!

Yay! Awesomeness!
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}