Login to your account

Thread: Been putting this off 'cuz I can't think of a good title... >.>

Red face Been putting this off 'cuz I can't think of a good title... >.>

Clearly, I gave up. :3

Sooo... I'm a long-time roleplayer (read: I'm too lazy to calculate the actual years) who has been out of the writing scene for quite some time now due to that silly "real life" business that just always seems to get in the way. I actually started out on a Harry Potter-based site known as Hogwarts Extreme... if anyone else here recognizes that name, I will love you forever! But then I moved on to Gaia for awhile, then RPGChat, then back to Gaia, and apparently I signed up on Menewsha at some point, but could never get into the swing of things there... and then the Gaia RP-pool got so sad that it helped prompt me to give up writing for awhile. *sadface*

In any case, I'm really excited about the format of this place, because I have a recurring plot that I start back up every now and then, and it would just do PERFECT here, I think. ((You can't see it, but I'm squealing in delight!)) My plan is to slip into a few of other people's RPs first to start to get a feel for the place, and to hopefully make a few friends with whom I can plot with crazily before I get my shindig started. ;D

I get the feeling that everyone else here is pretty new too due to the influx of Menewsha-mail, yeah? Anyone have a freshly-started RP going that they're actively recruiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie Styx View Post
    Clearly, I gave up. :3

Sooo... I'm a long-time roleplayer (read: I'm too lazy to calculate the actual years) who has been out of the writing scene for quite some time now due to that silly "real life" business that just always seems to get in the way. I actually started out on a Harry Potter-based site known as Hogwarts Extreme... if anyone else here recognizes that name, I will love you forever! But then I moved on to Gaia for awhile, then RPGChat, then back to Gaia, and apparently I signed up on Menewsha at some point, but could never get into the swing of things there... and then the Gaia RP-pool got so sad that it helped prompt me to give up writing for awhile. *sadface*

In any case, I'm really excited about the format of this place, because I have a recurring plot that I start back up every now and then, and it would just do PERFECT here, I think. ((You can't see it, but I'm squealing in delight!)) My plan is to slip into a few of other people's RPs first to start to get a feel for the place, and to hopefully make a few friends with whom I can plot with crazily before I get my shindig started. ;D

I get the feeling that everyone else here is pretty new too due to the influx of Menewsha-mail, yeah? Anyone have a freshly-started RP going that they're actively recruiting for?
    I like you. Because your text font is awesome. =3 I might steal it. A lot of use our pretty new, so you should fit in pretty easily. I hope you make friends and love roleplaying here. Maybe we could roleplay together sometime in the future.

Welcomes! And yeppers Menewsha mail for me too and I just signed up I think it was yesterday morn when there was only 60-something members! lol

As for your question about a freshly started rp, I have one that hasn't been started fully yet (info is up, etc.) and will be started when there's more characters then just the one lol You're certainly welcome to join!
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

What genre are you looking for? There is a fun mutant one going on. Almost every thing here is pretty fresh and new lol. The GM of the mutant one is good at incorporating new people though so it comes highly5 recommended by me ;p. The multiverse is fun too, check it out.

Any how, welcome aboard ^_^! Poke at me when ever you like I am insane and loving this place so far, he he.

^_^

Welcome, and may i say your icon made me smile. Luckily a large sum of us are also fresh meat and working fast to try and juice this site for all it's glory. Depending on what you are looking for, but I agree with Aerion on recommending The Multiverse, it's a fun first stop on testing out the new site. There is everything from vampires and presidential figures to a praying mantis and a struggling artist.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Haha. xD Who needs a cool title when you've just got an awesome post anyway, right?

I actually think I have heard of Hogwarts Extreme... I know it's very familiar anyway and I know I joined a similarly named Harry Potter universe game, but got confused and frustrated when my character was overlooked after two days. (I may have been a bit impatient, but it's difficult to tell since I didn't stick around for very long.) So you may or may not love me forever. But if it's the one I am thinking of, it had a very involved layout and active group with loads of art of the regular characters shown. It was the size of the community and the activity that attracted me enough to sign up.

I'm excited that you're excited! xD I say that a lot, but I still mean it each time. :3 I'm not sure I've seen any rp sites that were more than just forums with maybe a gallery or chatroom attached. Not much that actually made roleplaying multiple styles of games and multiple characters easy without having to create a lot of different accounts. xD;

The site has only started to become very active within the last three days, so almost every game is actively seeking new players. :3 Like others have already mentioned, it'll depend on what sort of game you're looking for, but everyone here who's been posting and making their own little niches on the site seems friendly, active and creative. :3 I don't know that I should really be surprised about the types of people signing up and making their homes here, but I am really happy about it. :3

Glad to have you aboard. :3 Let me know if you have any questions. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

PLOTTING?! I can help with that!
    {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!} Plotting in progress! {WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

Yey! Thanks everyone! I <3 RP forums where everyone is active and friendly. :3 I'm glad I got to this one when it's all new 'n stuff!

Auzei - I'm a fan of fun fonts. ;D I definitely don't take it as far as some people on Gaia do these days, though, with all the colors and pictures and pointless swirly things... pretty to look at, but a total waste of time to format, I think. *shrug*

Tigerkytti - I will look for yours! I think my morning is going to be pretty busy, but hopefully by this evening I can actually join some stuff.

Aerion - Well, I do like mutants. My Gaia username is actually inspired by X-Men's Rogue. I'll look for that one too!

Schizophrenic - Bahaha, thanks. ^.^ I like my icon too--it fits. I was very intrigued by the browsing I've done of the Multiverse so far. It's actually somewhat similar to my aforementioned recurring-plot that I get started every now and then. I'll be checking that one out too, for sure...

Maneki Neko - Yeah, HEx was pretty difficult for newbies to get into at one point, when it was in the full swing of things, so that might very well have been it. *luffs yew foreva* :3 Anywho, yeah, I like a very wide range of genres... in fact, I think some of the only stuff I still tend to shy away from is something history-based if I'm not familiar with the lore or whatever, just because I know I'd make an idiot of myself if I tried joining without doing serious research. xD

Aquaticus - YEY PLOTTERS!! You're in!

Yay! I'm luffed foreva! But yes, it would have been great if I'd been able to slip in during its peak, but I won't complain about the course of my life. xD It might not have lead me here! (Maybe. Who knows?)

Yeah. xD And I think it's awesome that you do actually care. I've been involved in many "historical" rpgs with characters with purple hair and inappropriate clothes and if it were pitched as an alternate universe entirely, I would have nodded and moved on - but when the game hosts made clear they were aiming for semi-accurate historical, my brain kind of died. Total sadface.

There are historical eras I would avoid myself because I wouldn't want to the same sort of anarchistic fumbles myself. xD;

Anyhoo, there's the start of a good selection of games so far, though of course true variety will come as people branch out or finish working on whatever it is they may be waiting to get used to the site to work on. But at least the Multiverse does let you sample just about anything you can arrange for other people to play with you. xD (And I can always add more locations if someone wants something and doesn't want to set up their own game for it.)

Rambling when I should be trying to sleep now that the download I stayed up for is done. xD Hope you are not squished by text!
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

I've played Hex RPG but never really found myself roleplaying much in it. It's a mostly female community so it's probably why I feel so left out and didn't do much on it.

I get lots of brownie points. I can just tell.

Quote Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
    I've played Hex RPG but never really found myself roleplaying much in it. It's a mostly female community so it's probably why I feel so left out and didn't do much on it.

I get lots of brownie points. I can just tell.
    *showers with brownie points* Yaaay! Haha! Yeah, though, I haven't been on HEx in YEARS, so I'm sure it's changed a lot. It used to be super RP-heavy in some areas, although the main forums never were too much. I don't remember about the female-male ratio, but I wouldn't be surprised... it seems like most RP forums lean toward the girls. Lucky boys, being outnumbered. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie Styx View Post
    *showers with brownie points* Yaaay! Haha! Yeah, though, I haven't been on HEx in YEARS, so I'm sure it's changed a lot. It used to be super RP-heavy in some areas, although the main forums never were too much. I don't remember about the female-male ratio, but I wouldn't be surprised... it seems like most RP forums lean toward the girls. Lucky boys, being outnumbered. ;P
    I log in from time to time to see things but that also applies to older games which I feel like checking up on and playing for a few minutes. I used to roleplay on Gaiaonline before but then I was a really light RPer then I went to a game called Nationstates and roleplayed war and the sorts and finale moved to the GTA: San Andreas SAMP and began roleplaying on higher level servers to get much more skilled at everything to raise my RP level then sort of drifted my way to here.

Am I rambling?

Anywho...being outnumbered by women sometimes scares me because I know certain discussions I may be ignored. It's one of my many fears of sorts with forums which is why I have abandoned so many in the past.