Login to your account

Thread: Lively Choices: An Alter Ego style Roleplay

Lively Choices: An Alter Ego style Roleplay

I was thinking that doing a Alter Ego-style rp would be interesting. A cooperation with those interested and a good OOC activity would be crucial for this project as it is still in it's (very) early planning stage.

The Alter Ego is an interactive story where you make choices for your character from birth to death, complete with an ability and money system. I would like to add both a multi-player feel to it as well as additional characteristics to the characters like personality and bonus or penalty for past events and choices.

The character will be able to interact, befriend, marry, antagonize or even kill each others as well as compete for various advantageous bonuses. Siblings and parents would be made from other characters as well.

I intend to keep most abilities and skills hidden until unlocked as the character would start as a newborn and will have to earn those skills. Every player would have to keep their character(s) up to date and have their information clearly visible in the Abilities and Equipment section and the Background section.

I also want to implement a genre choice for the players, where they will add at the end of all their posts what genre of story they want in the next segment (comedy, romance, tragedy, horror, sci-fi, historical etc...) of course, that means that the whole thing will surely get a lot of ridiculous opportunities !

Oh, and you get to choose the era in which you live, so you can end up being a descendant or ancestor of another character if you want.

Any interests, ideas or questions?

Humble Farmer With a Sword MarineViolet's Avatar
    Land of Rocks and Dust (the midwest United States)
    I like this idea!
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

I changed it a bit in Moonless, if you are interested?

this sounds fun
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

It's now called Moonless, feel free to join!