Login to your account

Thread: Wee my place!

Wee my place!

*claims this area, having thought to make the request* any way, let's share people! Fave books?? Fave movies? Anime, video games. Rawr random stuff ftw!

I generally like all Tom Clancy books as they make me think. That and i've read a good few Micheal Chrichton books and he is a magnificent author. Surely his Jurassic Park books are not the only fantastic books. Some of his are still readable over and over again. Jurassic Park especially.

Games....I could name many...and movies...too many...

Yay! I want to take part in some chatter!

Favorite books... I have to sadly admit that I cannot commit to a book that doesn't involve pictures. (I have major commitment issues.) So all the books I read are either comic books or manga. My most recent purchase was Otomen, it is greatly entertaining but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't a fan of cute fluffy things and 3 straight panels of staring faces with flowers around it.

Current favorite video game would have to be Borderlands. I actually am a little behind on the pick up but I finally got my hands on a copy and greatly appreciate the weapons, storyline and mannerisms of all the characters I've met!

Schizos favorite thing to do right now is building models. Which would be really embarrassing for a 20 year old if I wasn't such an oblivious kid! I have taken a liking presently to bionicles... mainly because it is something that my little brother and I can do together. But in my private time I have a gundam in the works. Oh what a process this will be~ ^_^
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Congrats on the Place Aerion its lovely ;-p

Favorite book i think I'm going to have to go for the Moment with Dean Koontz's "Frankenstein" It's got a Nice twist of Sci-fi with gore and Mystery and so many different turns although some times i don't like books that tell the story from 4-5 Perspectives this one kept me entertained. ((It is not a retelling of the Original))

Video game right now... its gonna have to be "Monster Hunter Portable 3rd" on the PSP, it's not out in America yet but there is a Patch with English conversions that make it very playable. I mean who needs story in a monster hunter game kill giant monsters harvest them and build better weapons and armor that's all it is about haha. ((and if you played MH-Tri it is about 10 times 10 times better))

I have to many favorite Animes my first love was ".Hack//Sign" though I'm a big Fan of "Fairy Tail" right now if you don't watch Anime with Sub titles it should be coming to America fall or winter, either way Funimation bought the Rights to it.

Also I love my Stainless Steel Ruger GP 100 *holds and Caresses it like a baby*

^^
    I usually have a lot of troubles picking a single favorite, because I like so many things at the same time, and often my tastes on what is a "more" favorite than another current favorite changes with my mood. Heh. This holds true for all matters (books, movies, etc). But lets see...

Books, I like horror and fantasy books. Most usually, my fave writers are: Jay Anson, Anne Bishop, Anne Rice (but only with the Vampire Chronicles), Robin Hobb, Terry Pratchett, JRR Tolkien...
    The latest fave trilogy I read is the Tawny Man by Robin Hobb, and of course I'm a huge fan of LOTR and the Dark Jewels trilogy. Wraeththu (which I can never spell right) wasn't bad at all. I have a Goodreads account if anyone's interested in further checking out my reading interests~ lol

As for movies, an all time favorite of mine has been The Crow (first and second one). Also Stargate. I'm also more into horror movies than anything else, but I will watch almost anything. he LOTR movies were alright although I'm not sure I'd call them a fave. I watch a lot of asian movies too, mostly either samurai films or horror films though, and the occasional Chinese comedy.

TV Shows I'll watch almost anything. But my favorites always got canceled lol. Such as Wonderfalls and Earth 2... I watch the CSIs, NCIS, (old) Nikita (don't like the new one), Supernatural is a sure fave, Stargate (mostly original and Atlantis, Universe kinda sucks imho), Star Trek (all, but my fave is TNG, I grew up with it :P), etc, etc...

Video Games! Survival Horror and RPGs are my thing. I have played some GTA and Military-type games, but I'm not good at them... well, I'm not good at many games, you see, I have this habit of like, walking/driving/running into whatever I'm supposed to not touch because I die/get captured/etc....
    Some of my favorite games are Way of the Samurai, Shinobido (I looove this one- not to mistake it with Shinobi, which I also like but don't love lol), all of the Fatal Frame series, Rule of Rose is good but the camera angle suckkkkssssss.... .hack//GU, Okami, Kingdom Hearts 2... mostly PS2 games because that's the only console I have, and my PC hates letting me play games (But I loved Summoner and Summoner 2 for PC, Fable not so much, Sniper Elite, Black & White and Black & White 2, The Sims... and MMORPGS, WoW of course and Maplestory are the only ones my computer has allowed me to play lol).

Anime! Well, It's been a long long while since I've watched any anime, to be honest. The last two I've watched have only been recently- Ao No Exorcist which I really like so far and Starry Sky which I only saw one ep. of so I can't say yet.
    Other than that, I really liked the Basara anime (Y'know, with the blue and red kings... ), I my me! Strawberry Eggs, Peace Maker Kurogane, Boogiepop Phantom, Yu Yu Hakusho, Armitage, Ghost in the Shell, Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicles, and Pet Shop of Horrors, blah blah lol there were a loooot I enjoyed.

Manga, now, that I read a lot. I mostly will read anything with yaoi in it that is in between Shounen Ai and Hardcore/non-con, because Shounen Ai mostly bores me lately, and Hardcore/N-C is annoying as hell, but I will read some s-ai now and again.
    Non-yaoi, I read mostly a lot of Shounen too. I read (again, Ao no Exorcist), D-gray Man, I read Death Note until it got boring, I read Petshop of Horrors which is one of my faves, RG Veda which is one of my faves EVER (and on that note, I read anything by CLAMP because I love their stories, but not so much their endings... lol), xxxHolic, Yu Yu Hakusho another fave), Alichino, Tarot Cafe, Bakuretsu Hunters (another fave!), Wish, DN Angel, Dance Till Tomorrow, oof... so many many more.... XD

Soo many replies, lol. Let's see if I can respond to every one and add my own two cents in as well ;p.

Apb: Tom Clancy is cool, never got into Chrichton my self but every time I hear the name I think of the Farscape character, lol. I didn't say your single favorite books or movies or what not. Feel free too make lists. I love to see what other people are into to see if we share interests orif there is something new I should check out ^.^!

Schizo: Have you read Elf Quest? That is my favorite graphic novel by far. As for menga, I tend to switch from quirky and silly to extremely dark. I love a lot of series that most have never heard of, like Negima and Battle Royale. Boarderlands is awesome, I LOOOVE the claptraps! I've never built models my self, sounds fun but I don't have the small motor coordination or the patience lol.

Aki, tell me about the books you are reading. The only 'romance' books I ever read were the Sookie Stackhouse aka true blood books, but I love those. As mentioned above, I wanna learn about people, so just listing lots of interests works too if you don't wanna pick a favorite on any thing. And as for resident evil, the new games are a bit too shooter for my taste, but I have always loved the series as a whole.

Cra, I'll have to check that out, I love variants on old mythic stories and Koontz is a creative writer indeed. I don't own a psp sadly, but I love the monster hunter series. Dot Hack was a cute series but the endless games kinda turned me off the series as a whole. What is Fairy Tail about? I watch most of my anime online. and I dun like guns >.> sorry again.

Tahiel I suck at picking favorite too, but I like to share my interests with people ^.^! I haven't read many of the authors you like but Anne Rice was fun, Pratchet is awesome and Tolkien is like one of my ll time heroes. The Crow was a pretty cool movie though I was never a super fanatic like some people. I saw this weird Asian vampire movie once, it was a serious horror but was insanely funny at the same time, I loved it. the LOTR movies were visually stunning I hope that if/when they make the hobbit movie they will include some of the songs from the book. I haven't watched the Wonderfalls yet but have you seen Dead like me or Pushing Daisies? Those are by the same creator and I LOVE that guys sense of dark humor. The original Stargate is by far the best, and I grew up watching TNG as well, ha ha.I suck at gta too, lol and at most shooter games in general with Mass Effect and Bioshock being the acceptances. I love fable, but I feel it is made for the xbox not as good on the computer and I used to play WoW but it just costs too much. Black and white is awesome! Kingdom hearts was fun though I honestly never completed the second one. When it comes to menga, death note was...whiny, pet shop of horrors was amazing and D N Angel was tons of fun. I haven't read most of the others you listed though.

Lol I will start adding lists of my interests later, answering every one fried my brain!

Asian vampires are funny by definition. I saw more than one movie with them in, usually they end up making me snicker. XD

I've seen Dead like me, I really like that show! Pushing Daisies I only got to see a couple episodes, it wasn't bad, but I didn't manage to form an opinion on it since I'd seen so little, and now they aren't showing it anymore. But I agree that he has an awesome sense of humor.

GTA 1 and 2 were games I really liked, I was actually quite good at them! But as it went more 3D-ish/shooter like I got really bad at it. Augh, shooter games are the thing I'm the worse at. I'm like "OMG SOMEONE'S SHOOTING AT ME WHERE FROM WHERE FROM?" and spin in a circle and flail and repeat that until I die. XDDDDDDD So I rarely play them much unless they come with a godmode cheat... lol I remember *trying* to play Bioshock and half life and stuff and die within minutes... XD
    Ohh, another game type I ADORE is Adventure games. Old games, like Indiana Jones, and my all time favorite Monkey Island (particularly the first ones!) are pure LOVE.

Hmm, maybe the fact that I didn't like Fable as much was related to me playing it on the computer. And I know what you mean about WoW, that's why I used to play in the (not so very legal) servers lol but they always end up getting whipped up so... *shrug* It's funny with the Kingdom Hearts thing- the one never completed was the first one. XDD I did finish the second. Genji was a good RPG too... and the Final Fantasy ones. X)

I totally agree that Death Note was whiny, that's why I stopped reading, it got so boring and whiny and bleh.
    If you liked Petshop-- have you read Mononoke? I really adored that manga too.

Its not set in that time its set in the current, if you don't mind i can tell what the first few pages say which explains a little.

Well its my favorite right now but if you ever get a PS3 they are gonna start bringing PSP games to the PS3 me and my friends are all excited about that for Patapon 3 MH3rd and Metal Gear Solid Peace walker. Its the Continuation of "Snake Eater" and was only on PSP and Explains how John "Snake" truly became Big Boss and became a "bad guy" but if you are in to MGS games it has a lot of good story and some fun Missions and a few puns.

Also i said ".hack//sign" didn't mention any of the others XD i Liked the first set of games i hated the second anime series the changing in style was ugly to me and the no PK!! that's just no fun, and i never played the second set of games but i did Like the New OVA ".hack//Quantum" that just came out its only a few episodes but it was really good.

Fairy Tail is about a world where magic is common and there are Wizard Guild's and you follow the story of a group from Fairy Tail guild. Who are all Boisterous and crazy full of action and comedy and one of the main character who if you notice has boobs that get bigger every Season haha! its at 83 episodes and still going and unlike Naruto pr Bleach is not full of filler i mean it has it but its not as bad as those two.

Its fine if you don't like gun's, i don't hunt, its for my job, for home safety and for shooting at ranges and I'm a pretty damn good shot.

Also I love Stargate SG1 and NCIS ((i love the style of Older sarcastic action hero type characters.)) Also towards Tahiel I was a huge fan Of Chobits bought all of the manga and Speaking of Manga right now, I'm really liking Gantz ((the anime was HORRIBLE!)) and my favorite Manga is "Rebirth" by Lee Woo
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-18-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cra View Post
    Also i said ".hack//sign" didn't mention any of the others XD i Liked the first set of games i hated the second anime series the changing in style was ugly to me and the no PK!! that's just no fun, and i never played the second set of games but i did Like the New OVA ".hack//Quantum" that just came out its only a few episodes but it was really good.

[...]

Also I love Stargate SG1 and NCIS ((i love the style of Older sarcastic action hero type characters.)) Also towards Tahiel I was a huge fan Of Chobits bought all of the manga and Speaking of Manga right now, I'm really liking Gantz ((the anime was HORRIBLE!)) and my favorite Manga is "Rebirth" by Lee Woo
    I haven't watched the anime yet, but I've played the whole set of games for .hack, the first four were cool but so long to finish, too much grinding to level lol I somehow felt the //GU ones went a lot faster, so I liked the three vols for GU the best. The manga is kind of odd, I guess you have to really follow into the timeline of all games and anime to get it. Have you read it?
    (It's kind of the same with the persona 3 & 4 manga, actually)

And lol because with the "old sarcastic" type of character you reminded me of House (really like that show, too :P but it's getting old lately). Chobits was good, but it's really not the manga I like best of CLAMP (my favorite is RG Veda). Chii is (well, a sort of Chii, is) in Tsubasa Chronicles as well.

I liked Chobits for Hideki because when i was right out of High school i was Exactly like him XD minus the situation with Chi lol, also
    Old sarcastic is ok but has to also be action hero'ee. I like house but a little too much of an Ass for me sometimes and considering i have some knowledge of medical stuff and like to help people, it bothered me at times not that I'm a Doctor or even a Nurse but i was a EMT for awhile.

I started to get into Tsubasa but my Ex was the one who got me into it and i just never finished it, and in .hack after "Legend of the twilight" series i stopped and fell out of it. I really loved the first .hack games because that was also back when i was a hard core WoW player so the grinding in that game didn't bother me haha.

>.>...<.< UNDERPANTS FOR HIDEKI!!!

okay, now that I got that out of my system, lol....

Every one MUST watch pushing daisies, that show is awesome and is on netflix and I think hulu too. Interestingly, it was originally meant to be a side story on Dead Like Me but they couldn't fit it in.

I have four sookie stackhouse books signed by the author, how cool is that? My pervy old grandma found out I was reading those books and instead of freaking out, she got them signed for me xp. I love her so much! I haven't read any other series by that author yet and it made me sad how quickly Lafyette (sp?) died in the books but I love that series any how.

It was the grinding in dot hack that killed me on the series, it gave me headaches >.<.

House is pretty cool. i watch it on netflix and I am several seasons behind, but I love and hate the character at the same time.

I love that part!!! XD and that part when he first turned her on, exactly how i was back then i was soo Shy and Prude I'd panic and even do that ok ok ok i'm gonna do it i'm gonna do it! *walks away embarrassed*.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    Every one MUST watch pushing daisies, that show is awesome and is on netflix and I think hulu too. Interestingly, it was originally meant to be a side story on Dead Like Me but they couldn't fit it in.

It was the grinding in dot hack that killed me on the series, it gave me headaches >.<.
    Sadly I have no access to either netflix or hulu lol (outside the US~) but I will try to get my hands on it to watch. It's got me curious now.

the .hack//GU series aren't that much grinding. If you're bored sometime you should give them a try.

House can be an ass sometimes lol, but I love the character overall.

He is funny i will say that reminds me of my Best friend from High school and his entire family >.> haha, But my medical side hates how he treats people.

I'm gonna start listing my favorites now, but it is a pretty big list, he he. I just wanna see if any of mine match with others or bring back fond memories. Let's see, books and authors first, in no particular order:
    Piers Anthony (Xanth!)
    Jim Butcher (dresdin files and codex of alera!)
    Robert Asprin (M.Y.T.H. series)
    Tolkien
    sookie stack house series
    terry pratchet (disc world ftw)
    David Eddings (Belgariad and Malorian series)
    The Brtimeaus Trilogy
    BoneShaker (can't recall the author >.<)
    he he and many others.
    so epic fail, I can't remember 90% of rthem

of Mercedes lackey!
    Last edited by Aerion; 06-19-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Mercedes Lackey I like, sortaish! (The trilogy I read was a bit too fanfic-cy sounding to me lol) I still have to read the Sookie series, but I saw True Blood? At least. XD The Dresden files and a bunch of those books mentioned are still on my tbr list T_T

Fave books?? Fave movies? Anime, video games.
    For books, I like adventure novels and thrillers. Tom Clancy, Alexandre Dumas... Writers like them. I've been reading the Temeraire series off and on as well, which I'm enjoying for the mixture of combat tactics, history, and fantasy. As you'll be able to tell from the types of games I like to create, I have something of a fondness for darker, less-edited fairy tales as well. The Arabian Nights fit the bill more often than Hans Christian Anderson, but Grimms did a good job. The comic "Fables" was fun for how it explored the mixture of fantasy/fairy tales and modern storytelling.

Movies are along the same line as the books I enjoy. Indiana Jones, James Bond... series like those as well as the latest superhero movies.

I don't watch much anime or read manga because I rarely find series that I enjoy. But I will say I prefer the Death Note anime to the Death Note manga. They were virtually identical up to a point, but I guess it held my attention in the show a lot better. I actively avoid the sorts of shoujo manga/anime that my girlfriend enjoys, but we have different personalities and it works out okay for us to not be interested in the same things.

Games... I like strategy and simulation games. I'm playing Majesty 2 and its expansions right now.
    Last edited by Spring-heeled Jack; 06-19-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    This here is Satan, - we might say the devil, but that ain't right, and gennelfolks don't like such words. He is now commonly called 'Spring-heeled Jack;' or the 'Rossian Bear,' - that's since the war.
    Henry Mayhew

+ I don't read. So I don't really have a favorite book.
    + Favorite manga series is "The Devil Does Exist."
    + Favorite anime is probably... no idea. Ga-Rei: Zero? Yozakura Quartet? Kuroshitsuji? Toradora!? Code Geass? Spice and Wolf? Hmmm, not sure I have a number one. ^^;
    + Favorite TV show goes to White Collar.
    + Favorite movie is The Day After Tomorrow. No idea why I love it, but I do. :3
    + Favorite board game is CLUE.
    + Favorite video game... Final Fantasy XII or XIII. Maybe Borderlands. NO WAIT! Rise of Nations: Gold. Oh oh oh! I lied. The Sims3.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Favorite Book -- Fahrenheit 451
    Favorite Manga -- The Devil Does Exist
    Favorite Movie -- The Avengers
    Favorite TV Series -- Suits
    Favorite Anime -- Hakuouki
    Favorite Video Game -- Final Fantasy XIII Series
    Favorite Board Game -- CLUE or Apples to Apples
    Favorite Gaming System -- PS3 or Steam

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369