Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC : Anima D A I S

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar

Anima D A I S

UPDATES:

08/15/2012: RP Created.
    08/15/2012: RP Finished.
    08/21/2012: RP Closed.

Last edited by NomDePlume; 08-22-2012 at 02:40 AM.

This is a silly question, but how do you pronounce this title? I have been staring at it for the past several seconds going, "Do you say Anima D-A-I-S or Anima Dais." Then I realized I might be pronouncing the words wrong. ><;

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Oh just 'Anima Dais'. I wanted to try something with the spacing out of the letters- used to do that all the time on ES and for some reason it made things look neater.

That's me for you- making language suffer for a 'cooler looking title'.
    *fistbumps self*

Good! I like it better that way. It sounds like a cheerleading cheer the other way. XD Or at least that's what my head's telling me. Lol!

1, 2, 3, 4 what do we appreciate? A-N-I-M-A D-A-I-S.

O_o;

As you can tell, I was not a cheerleader back in highschool... hence that fail cheer.

- hangouts -

Then again- why would someone cheer something like that?
    Doesn't seem very motivational.
    Though I do believe most people don't pay attention to what the cheerleaders say anyway- they just repeat mindlessly.

Well-!
    Everything is up but the rules! I need to go write those. Gah I hate writing rules.
    And then I get to add the bazillion characters in there- and I should be done. Hopefully.

Oh I know. Rules are so boring. Could you just copy/paste them from an older game and tweak them as you see fit? That's what I do when I'm not trying to make a silly set of rules.

Well, I'm going to go read it now~!

- hangouts -

A Shining Example Sweetsunnyrain's Avatar
    This sounds amazing! *^* I will definitely join! I'm interested in the Gravity one...

Edit: Ah, just saying, that the player level says beginner...If that was intentional or not...
    Last edited by Sweetsunnyrain; 08-15-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsunnyrain View Post
    This sounds amazing! *^* I will definitely join! I'm interested in the Gravity one...

Edit: Ah, just saying, that the player level says beginner...If that was intentional or not...
    This one, right?
    Manipulation:Gravity Latency | FREE | OPEN | Is the power to alter the point of the gravity and draw an opponent into it. This power- if used creatively- can allow the user to fly. Currently the power is only strong enough to take one being into its’ grasp and make the point of gravity within 20ft of the user.

It does sound pretty freaking awesome! It was one of the ones I liked. But I also like these three.
    Weaponization:Spear of God | FREE | OPEN |This is a weapon summon that seems like a simple golden spear it is hurled towards a foe and turns into pure lightening. It crackles and booms like a good thunderstorm, but will turn back into a spear once it has hit a tangible body. The user will not be able to summon it back to them, but instead must fetch it. If used as a martial weapon- it will still give light jolts of electricity but its’ main power comes from throwing.

Manipulation: Wild Blaze (Upgraded) | SEALED | OPEN | This power can harness and control fire. Of course like all manipulation powers there has to be fire within the area, but due to its upgraded nature it can increase the intensity of the blaze. This of course can still be extinguished by the natural means and if the user is damaged they can lose their control and not be able to regain control of the power.

Alteration: Demos Abomination (Upgraded) | SEALED | OPEN | This power gives heavy protection to the user- making them immune to many darker abilities and increased agility to avoid them. Many believe this is where the first idea of a ‘demon’ came from as the power slowly alters the physical makeup to look more and more demonic- yet currently it is only effects skin pigment, teeth, horns, and tail.

I don't get the SEALED/OPEN statement though. ><; Sealed states that it has a bearer yet the word open is behind it. 'tis a little confusing.

- hangouts -

Yup yup, that one! *u*

Ooh, those all sound good. The sealed/open thing confuses me as well. @u@

The one with the arrows also seems interesting...

Ah, are we allowed to create our characters now?
    Last edited by Sweetsunnyrain; 08-15-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Weaponization:Artemis Bow | FREE | OPEN | Wielding the ‘Artemis Bow’ gives its users all the upgrade in senses that an animal has and a quicker agility and reaction time than most. Arrows are made by pulling back on the bow string- but without an upgrade they will impale a foe with invisible force-created arrows- while they do heavy force damage they will not be able to be a weakness against elemental affinity.
    Yup. I agree. It's also badass. I think all of the roles are. xD

- hangouts -

Yup yup, Nom is really good at this. *^*

*bows down*

I agree! All her stories are great. I also love how she never makes a character (or at least character cast list) that isn't awesome. It's always so hard picking someone to play when they are all just so appetizing! It's always wise to snag a spot before it fills up and you lose the one you want a little bit more than the rest. But, seriously, there isn't a bad character in this listing so really anyone would do. XD

I also love how you can tell she puts a lot of time and energy into her stories because she has everything explained right up front.

I've also been trying to join a roleplay with her for quite some time now. She's an amazing writer so feel blessed to partake in one of her stories! She's a hard woman to get a hold of sometimes because she's just so darn busy. XD
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-15-2012 at 07:36 PM.

- hangouts -

Exactly. *u* I admire her for that. I try to create RPs like that, but sometimes, it doesn't work...Takes a ton of planning. The only really really information filled RP I've ever made would be one called Let's Play Chess on another website, formatted like a chessboard, with government teams opposing each other. I'm thinking of restarting it here...Maybe. XD

Well I'm glad that the powers seem even keeled. I tried not to make any seem more overpowering than most (other than the ones in the 'Protector' Category), and give enough protection, healing, attack, and affliction powers to most (though I'm rather low on the affliction given the fact that that is hard to play out in games where the bad guys aren't really prominent members of the cast).

Yeah these rules aren't too tough but there are certain rules in character creation that I'll express there: like when to make a good guy and when to make a badguy.

And I also need to outline as to WHY this RP is beginner. It is because I'll basically lead you along, character creation is easy, and I honestly don't expect long drawn out posts about your mental and moral angst (not that I don't think those won't be valuable- but maybe more so later on in the RP). But this RP will have significant quantities of death, gore, and attempting to cope with seeing your fellow team-members dismembered and what not. But it isn't adult due to the complete and total lack of adult situations- because there will be no explicit material. That being said just because it is a general audience beginner RP- I'm am still going to be a bit picky on character creation.

Anyway- I need to finish the rules- and stop explaining them in the OOC. Man I'm anti-productive. XD

Ooh, I see... o u o That makes a lot of sense! ^^

XD It's all right, I'm very anti productive as well.

And mawe- you people.
    Too sweet the lot of you.

^_^

Psh, sweet? Me? Nawwww *looks away* >u>''

Ah, would you mind explaining the sealed/open thing to us? @u@

Sorry- I didn't see the edit up there.

SEAL/FREE/TAKEN- all have to do with the current status of the anima. Sealed meaning the Anima is in someone, while Free means that Life still has it- and hasn't given it to a pawn yet. So if the character starts the game with an anima and knowledge of the War of Life and Death- they will be Sealed. This is why a few of the pawn spots are (Upgraded) because they've already had their powers for about a year now. If the character starts without an anima but will receive that anima (in the first episode) the power reads 'Free'. The reason that there are sealed and free animas will be revealed in the first bit- though there is a loose idea already on the plot page.

OPEN- means the status of the character in general. There are only 6 character spots- and they correspond with the unplayed anima. When someone takes that spot- I will stick the character name (and a link to the profile) over the OPEN. Much like Gabriel's is now (except his character profile isn't made yet).

Does that help?

Ah! That makes much more sense now. Thank you!

- hangouts -

And done with the rules- now to make my bajillion characters. Only one of which will have a full profile- but there are a lot of NPC plot characters. Dear lordy!

XD Good luck! And that makes a lot of sense now, thanks! c':

Could I possibly reserve the gravity powered one? o u o
    Last edited by Sweetsunnyrain; 08-16-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Read the (NEW) rules.
    I don't reserve. I've gotten burned on that one too much.

No offense or anything- but I have to treat everyone who is interested fairly. c: Though I assure you- considering the messages I have gotten the gravity power hasn't gotten much attention. Also I won't accept people immediately. If someone shows interest in a spot I'll wait around a bit for them. So no worries.

Ooh, I see. o u o Alrighty then. ^^ I'm filling out my character skeleton right now...Hopefully, I'll get accepted! c':

Wooh! And all the characters are made. Now I can give this RP a rest. I still need to make a map and finish editing the image for what the school uniforms look like, but I think that can wait closer to starting the RP. For now I'm going to take a break and maybe play some Dragon's Dogma until my fingers ask me not too anymore.

XD good job!

I'm going to my cousin's house at the moment, so I will post my character up when I get there Hint: He's a cross dresser. X3

Edit: Submitted him! c': The train has wifi! XD
    Last edited by Sweetsunnyrain; 08-17-2012 at 12:45 AM.

And I finally finished the school uniforms. I will read up on your character tomorrow morning- a bit tired right now.

Yes I realize they don't really really match- but that is the point so they are easy to tell apart. c: Sorry for the delay on this.

Über cute! c':

Ah, it's all good. ^^ I worked super hard on Touya!

Alright- both characters are accepted and they look good to me. c:

Sweet- you actually have one more STAT point to spend. I counted it twice and it was only 13.

Also I do believe that I failed to mention that St. Jeanne's is in America- somewhere. I still need to put up a map of the city and I will soonish, but it sits on the West Coast and pretty much is like San Diego in climate. So you know it is effing nice all the time!

Yippee! C: I can't wait for this to start! ^^

And ah, all right. I'll go fix it. ^^

We only lack two character for a full house- that being said if they are not filled I will do so myself here soon. While this may be a horror/battle RPG- there will still be aspects of romance/drama/aggressiveness/etc. I don't expect all the emotions to solely be played out on the battlefield.

I also do not have a problem with students going after their 'Protectors'. Beyond Rosemary I think the other two are fully available for romance. XD Of course it is understandable if the age barrier prevents any romantic inclusions but I didn't want to be a prude as to prevent it.

Anyway! Nom promises to make this interesting no matter what!